Which book is more interesting - #8 or #9’s?

Which book to get (assuming not both)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Disco_Stu

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Looking for opinion on which book is better. I’ve heard they’re both pretty vanilla and ‘safe’ without shedding much light on things that we tragics don’t already know.

JR8's book is a little like him...starts off with full enthusiasm...but treads what is already know...a little like his goal kicking routine...
insightful feedback about Club's/Coaching role with younger players...
Nothing new...after 345??! games of footy...
Safe and vanilla...
Get the impression JR8 may end up like a Brereton in the Media...always on the periphery...giving opinions...
If involved with a Club...could play a Balmey role...not too sure about the straight bat to Journo's questions though!

Read both and I though Jack's was a bit better. He explains things like its from a fans perspective & goes into a little detail on certain things and makes u feel how he felt at the time.

Cotchins was really good too but I felt that was a bit safe

The OP pretty much sums the books up accurately.
But there are some juicy bits.
Cotch's book makes it clear he almost pulled the pin after 2016 and went elsewhere.
And he pots Dimma (in his nice man way) for putting the skids under the team (or his own relationship with Dimma at least) by ending his marriage in the way he did.
JR trys to play the 'fair' card, but he can't help potting the media (which he recognises he is now a part of), calls out the champions of yesteryear for their lack of support during the hard times, and takes aim at Chris Scott's big mouth.
His description of 'Robbo' as a bogan who knows nothing more about football than the bogans who love him was a classic take.
(He avoids the Dimma marriage bust up altogether.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

has rance got a book? would flip straight to the chapter where he destroys higgins missus on his grand piano.
I wonder if we will ever hear the truth of what went down

I thought they were both good and worth a read. Cotch's has more juicy stuff, lots of interesting stuff about his early days and the transformation of the club etc. He pots the AFL and a few ex tigers. Jacks book pots less blokes and seems safer, but interesting nonetheless. Both tiger legends and so grateful they played (and stuck with) the tiges over the journey.

Read JR8's book...still reading Chimp's...very methodical detailing of events, stuff ups, and wins leading to the 2020 GF win!
No big tells...but loved his expose on how the Tigers became a more close knit side...
Just brings back the sweetness of three GF wins!

And as another poster said, jacks book was really interesting as it outlined what many of us suspected,that the players were just totally stuffed and tired after 3 flags and had nothing left to give
the umps sucked the life out of us

Back