VFL Practice Match v Box Hill Saturday 9th March 10am - Live Stream

Remove this Banner Ad

Did he clutch many marks and would u rate his fair avg or good overhead mark ,,,kozi certainly competes , he just doesn’t clunk enough
Very raw and needs to work on his game. Gets away with some things because of his size and power, but as we saw against the Pies he could be found wanting at senior level as the game is quicker and the opposition are at a higher level.

Did he clutch many marks and would u rate his fair avg or good overhead mark ,,,kozi certainly competes , he just doesn’t clunk enough
I think he’s alright overhead. He didn’t stand out aerially from what I’ve seen, but it wasn’t necessarily Lefau’s marking that stood out for me tbh. Rather, it was his work in the contests regardless of where he marked or not. He competed in many contests he was part of (especially in the 4th). This then opened up opportunities for our small/medium forwards and mids to pounce. That’s not to say his marking was bad. I’m just saying what stood out to me. He also had some fantastic defensive moments inside 50 with his tackling. Wouldn’t want to be at the end of one of those!

Also, with the way he competes, he draws free kicks as well because the opposition don’t know what to do with him other than go out of the rules. That’s how he got two goals.

Looking forward to seeing how his unique attributes translate to AFL level. Pretty excited by his potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The class of JUDD really stood out and he's got to be in our best 22. Special mentions to Hayes-Brown as for a newbie to the game he offers a lot of hope. His strength in the ruck work was outstanding and he kept his balance and feet well. He had a lot of airy hitouts, but shoved his opponent consistently out of the contest. Once he learns how to follow the play around the ground and jump in the ruck contests he's going to be a hard man to stop. Already passed Colina by a country mile and could easily pass Ryan as he's stronger and growing as a footballer at a faster rate. HE was so unravelled and under roared by the whole situation. Hopefully by mid next year he can break into the side as his progress was so advanced for a novice.

Excellent!!!!
plotting episode 4 GIF

Anyone know if theres a link to a replay ? Or was it just a live stream, can’t find one anywhere.

Did chat to mate las night who said Lefau, was very good, closing speed exceptional for a 100kg athlete. Will be interesting to see if he gets a look in early, or spends some more time in the 2s honing his forward craft.

The class of JUDD really stood out and he's got to be in our best 22. Special mentions to Hayes-Brown as for a newbie to the game he offers a lot of hope. His strength in the ruck work was outstanding and he kept his balance and feet well. He had a lot of airy hitouts, but shoved his opponent consistently out of the contest. Once he learns how to follow the play around the ground and jump in the ruck contests he's going to be a hard man to stop. Already passed Colina by a country mile and could easily pass Ryan as he's stronger and growing as a footballer at a faster rate. HE was so unravelled and under roared by the whole situation. Hopefully by mid next year he can break into the side as his progress was so advanced for a novice.
I agree Juddy has the talent to play AFL. Where would you fit him in though? Has he improved his defensive intent enough to play small forward, or do we need to try him elsewhere?

I agree Juddy has the talent to play AFL. Where would you fit him in though? Has he improved his defensive intent enough to play small forward, or do we need to try him elsewhere?
Put him on the Wing so he can add pace around the midfield region. We need him in the contest after the centre bounces as we just get smashed with KMAC and co in that position. His defensive intent won't be an issue bc we have enough of those players in the MF . We need more offensive intent atm as the defensive intent is overdone in our game plan.

Put him on the Wing so he can add pace around the midfield region. We need him in the contest after the centre bounces as we just get smashed with KMAC and co in that position. His defensive intent won't be an issue bc we have enough of those players in the MF . We need more offensive intent atm as the defensive intent is overdone in our game plan.
Was thinking wing could be his go. Only question would be could he provide the aerial support that our wingmen have in the past? Perhaps we change tact and have him supporting them on the ground down back where we clearly struggled yesterday.

Was thinking wing could be his go. Only question would be could he provide the aerial support that our wingmen have in the past? Perhaps we change tact and have him supporting them on the ground down back where we clearly struggled yesterday.
Aerially will be an issue with him, but we need ball carrying and line breaking speed atm as our balance of offensive pressure v defensive pressure is unbalanced favouring the latter. I think being over defensive puts a lot of pressure on our BL bc the oppo MF just continue winning the ball out as we apart from Bolton are limited in this area. I see him like Sheds and Sheds wasn't strong aerially.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back