Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Awesome. Would have been awesome watching him bolt towards goal. I was around the 50m arc on that on that wing
I was high up in the bleachers (third back row if I remember correctly, my mum was nauseous until more people turned up and filled the seats in front of us so the steepness wasn't so noticeable) and it was incredible seeing the inevitable play out. After he kicked it, I turned to my mum and said that not only were we going to break the Collingwood hoodoo that night, but we were going to win the premiership that year. You could just feel it (whatever "it" is) in the air.

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Article about Zak Jones

"The key for me is he's really working hard on his game and trying to get to a really high level, and that's put him in a good spot to have some really good performances."
What?
Wasn't he working hard enough as a Swan to play high midfield minutes?

Quite often players need a change of clubs to be reinvigorated & we have benefited from such scenario's often.
All the best to Zac. He should dominate us today & stick it up Horse for not giving him an opportunity to perform at his best at AFL level.:rolleyes:

We love it like the Mitchell trade , or membrey , nankervis etc
Out of contract
Out of contract
Out of contract

I don't get it. These guys are out of contract. They ask to leave. You put an offer in front of them. They say no. What do you do? Up the offer so you are paying Membrey, a guy who had played 1 game more than he has shown? Or Nank who at the time was behind Tippett, Naismith, Sinclair? So you try to make the best trade you can. The only one of those 3 + Jones you can complain about is Membrey who we didn't get a trade for. Which we should have at least tried.

Out of contract
Out of contract
Out of contract

I don't get it. These guys are out of contract. They ask to leave. You put an offer in front of them. They say no. What do you do? Up the offer so you are paying Membrey, a guy who had played 1 game more than he has shown? Or Nank who at the time was behind Tippett, Naismith, Sinclair? So you try to make the best trade you can. The only one of those 3 + Jones you can complain about is Membrey who we didn't get a trade for. Which we should have at least tried.
Doesn’t mean we Should get ****ed over every time

MItchell day one of trade period

Out of contract
Out of contract
Out of contract

Was nankervis behind all of them was he?

Doesn’t mean we Should get f’ed over every time

MItchell day one of trade period
****ed over because they were out of contract and we had no power in the trade.

Day 1 of Hawthorn trade period, Mitchell goes "I'm going to the Hawks". We ask them for 2 first rounders. They go "never gonna happen. First rounder or we get him in the pre-season draft".

What can you do in that situation? Take the first rounder or stick by your pride and get nothing because by not wanting to get ****ed, you get ****ed some more?

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Nice spin Ted

Doesn’t read like that at all
It does for me. Much as you think we were "reamed" I beg to differ.
I think we do trades amicably for the player that's given reasonable service. Zac's been good for us but it seems he's working much harder now with a new zest for the game after a change of clubs. As for Nanker, not sure why you are so harsh on us. Didn't sign & wanted out.

As for Tom, he had an addiction to BBQ shapes in Sydney so he needed to leave to break the addiction & bad influences from team mates who perhaps went out & bought them for him regularly. He broke the habit & won a Brownlow for his team.o_O

Back