Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan Gordon played in Birchip-Watchem's drought breaking premiership win and James Wall was in the losing Donald team:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

baby GIF

Tom's favourite baby photo.

James Bell signed with Glenelg in the SANFL. Good for him.

Whatever Collingwood are paying their new recruit Tom Mitchell, it is not enough to support the lifestyle he's become accustomed to. His Instagram has turned into a shopping catalogue!
The Swans painstakingly endured Tom Mitchell and built his non existent defensive game to accompany his already super offensive game. We created a reluctant and petulant talented player into a Brownlow winner. Tom outgrew our pay scales and he has sought greener(American money) fields at Hawthorn. I think the move to Collingwood will benefit Tom more than Collingwood. Collingwood will realise that over time. I think with their young list he will stifle development of players there. Keeping good young players out of the team. Just my thoughts. He is selfish and not team oriented. Hawthorn happily traded a Brownlow winner. Would the Swans ever even consider that?

Last edited:
The Swans painstakingly endured Tom Mitchell and built his non existent defensive game to accompany his already super offensive game. We created a reluctant and petulant talented player into a Brownlow winner. Tom outgrew our pay scales and he has sort greener(American money) fields at Hawthorn. I think the move to Collingwood will benefit Tom more than Collingwood. Collingwood will realise that over time. I think with their young list he will stifle development of players there. Keeping good young players out of the team. Just my thoughts.
I think he's a good player who would be in most teams' best 22s. I think he is still the same player he was when he won a Brownlow. I just think the mid that scraps and accumulates has decreased in importance, as other types (goal-kicking mids, two-way mids, break away clearance mids) have increased in importance.

So where in 2017/2018/2019, Mitchell might've been the star of a midfield group worthy of $800k - $1mill, I think in 2020/2021/2022, Mitchell probably needs to be something of a supporting act in a midfield group, worthy of more like $400-$600k.

I don't actually know what his deal with Collingwood is, or how much he's on, but if it's in the latter category, then I think he'll be a very handy inclusion for them.

The Swans painstakingly endured Tom Mitchell and built his non existent defensive game to accompany his already super offensive game. We created a reluctant and petulant talented player into a Brownlow winner. Tom outgrew our pay scales and he has sort greener(American money) fields at Hawthorn. I think the move to Collingwood will benefit Tom more than Collingwood. Collingwood will realise that over time. I think with their young list he will stifle development of players there. Keeping good young players out of the team. Just my thoughts. He is selfish and not team oriented. Hawthorn happily traded a Brownlow winner. Would the Swans ever even consider that?
Well said

So where in 2017/2018/2019, Mitchell might've been the star of a midfield group worthy of $800k - $1mill, I think in 2020/2021/2022, Mitchell probably needs to be something of a supporting act in a midfield group, worthy of more like $400-$600k.

So what the swans were willing to pay him instead of hawthorns throw the money bags at him so we can re-open our premiership window failed recruitment? Sounds about right.

Swans ahead of the curve as usual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back