Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I see Mattner still working with the club, still as passionate about the Swans as ever. Is it because I know his attitude will rub off on our younger players ? Or is it that I know he will always do his utmost for us ? There's something about this club that gets under a player's skin.

he put in his best performance in the biggest game of his career, says alot about his ticker. one of the many players who stood up in that game. every premiership side needs a player like mattner, tough as they come, outs his body on the line and will put in maximum effort every time

This was posted on another Swans site about Daryn Cresswell's book and I felt it deserved greater attention for those who haven't read it. Interesting to hear what he has to say about Leigh Matthews' coaching, 'that' Channel 7 interview from a few years back and the early days of the 'Bloods culture'. You may not agree with all of it but it presents an alternative view and helps us understand the nature of addiction and its destructive impact.

http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/fo...ry-to-Prison-and-the-Long-Road-to-Redemption)

Last edited:

Agree with you SR, no excuse for what he did. I am not saying I would forgive him but the reality is not every footballer's career ends happily and I feel that it would be a skewed reflection of history if we did not at least acknowledge the fallen as well as the heroes.

Lewis Johnston is soft and unfit. Some of his contested efforts for the Crows vs Port today were shameful. No wonder Sanderson subbed him early. Skill by foot only gets you so far. My tip is that he will be delisted by crows at end of year.

Jesse White. Managed not to star against us. Best thing he's ever done, except for that one game that one time.

Only real loss so far is Mummy, and that was always going to be a big loss.

Everitt looks good but I don't think he'd make any difference.

7 years after he was drafted by the Swans and after 6 seasons on an AFL list (one season was spent in the SANFL), Daniel Currie will finally make his AFL debut today. He will hand over the unenviable record of being the longest serving current player on AFL list without playing a game over to Luke Lowden, who has spent 5 years on Hawthorn's list without a game.

Good luck Cuz.

7 years after he was drafted by the Swans and after 6 seasons on an AFL list (one season was spent in the SANFL), Daniel Currie will finally make his AFL debut today. He will hand over the unenviable record of being the longest serving current player on AFL list without playing a game over to Luke Lowden, who has spent 5 years on Hawthorn's list without a game.

Good luck Cuz.

No s**t im actually crying i am soooo proud and excited for him...his debut should have been alot sooner and for us but ill be backing him 100% Love that boy so so much
#CRUSHINGONCURRIE forever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Currie has a goal!

how do you rate derickx?

Most people on here have acknowledged his work rate, but it's more his ability to read the play that's been questioned. He's been better than I expected but realistically there won't be a spot for him when Tippett is fit and he will probably be overtaken by Nankervis and maybe even Naismith, though opinions on how long that will take will vary depending on who you ask.

ok we'll take your gordon and give you a morton and now a derickxz .....geeez old tom couldn't get on the field and he heads north and racks up 20 hit outs and, I watched the game, was pretty reasonable.
talk about polishing turds:rolleyes:
I'd take Nippa in our current side. Never fully understood why we delisted him I can only assume there were off field issues involved

how do you rate derickx?

For a 4th game ruck he did well.

It was against Grundy who is by no means a good player yet though.

Looks better than a spud and crashed some packs in the forward line.

He has a chance to be an AFL player, time will tell as to how good but at least he is not Jesse White rucking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back