news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Colby Leon and Wonderboy, and then thats probably 2 years down the track and their will be other contenders.
Colby I can see getting wipped out pretty easily unless his stand up game has improved 100%

Leon is the most uninspiring fighter on a decent win streak. His win streak has been against mainly bums. Luque 4 years ago was ok and Dos Anjos was a good win, the rest are very meh. Couple that with him being a points fighter and I reckon Usman beats him without breaking a sweat

Wonderboy is the most intriguing but I can see Usman just wrestling and rag dolling him. If they stand, then it could be really exciting

I don't like Usman but he is a class above the others and in 2 years he will be 36 so he will be on the decline and most likely moved up in weights I reckon

Colby I can see getting wipped out pretty easily unless his stand up game has improved 100%

Leon is the most uninspiring fighter on a decent win streak. His win streak has been against mainly bums. Luque 4 years ago was ok and Dos Anjos was a good win, the rest are very meh. Couple that with him being a points fighter and I reckon Usman beats him without breaking a sweat

Wonderboy is the most intriguing but I can see Usman just wrestling and rag dolling him. If they stand, then it could be really exciting

I don't like Usman but he is a class above the others and in 2 years he will be 36 so he will be on the decline and most likely moved up in weights I reckon
He won't fight Izzy though, probably only goes up if someone can beat him.

He won't fight Izzy though, probably only goes up if someone can beat him.
Yeah true, but in two years there is chance Izzy has gone up or lost his title

In an ideal world Rob *s up Izzy, then Usman moves up and Rob sleeps him

In an ideal world......................

Yeah true, but in two years there is chance Izzy has gone up or lost his title

In an ideal world Rob fu**s up Izzy, then Usman moves up and Rob sleeps him

In an ideal world......................

And in the greatest heel turn in history he gets on the mic yelling '* Africa'

And in the greatest heel turn in history he gets on the mic yelling 'fu** Africa'
hahaha burns a Nigerian flag on his way out of the Octagon after defeating Usman in Nigeria

Colby eat your heart out!

This is insane. Nate got completely outpointed by Edwards for 24 minutes, and he somehow "won"? I get the whole entertainment aspect of the game but what is this telling the next generation looking to get into the sport? You can be a great fighter and win all your fights, but make sure you have a far-right douchebag/street thug/unintelligable stoner persona to go with it, or you're never going anywhere. None of these guys are hanging with Usman, but it should be the ones who have earned it through doing the thing they're actually here to do, win fights, that get the chance to try.

Disclaimer: I love Nate.

He just had a gimme title fight for a paycheque that made zero sense.

Nate should be in no ones mind for a title shot, no fans, not the UFC, and definitely not the champ. Pathetic
It’s literally his work. If your boss offered you a bonus to do nothing would you pass it up.

I don’t like it anymore than you do but don’t hate Usman for it.

It’s literally his work. If your boss offered you a bonus to do nothing would you pass it up.

I don’t like it anymore than you do but don’t hate Usman for it.
He can't do rubbish like this then get upset people don't like him

When people don't like him (not in a 'bad guy' way but genuinely don't like him, he won't sell as well

Fight Colby rather than ducking him as he has done. It's stupid to publicly even acknowledge Nate coming off 756 losses at welterweight. Christ, his wins at 170 are over 155ers. It's laughable

Chase big fights, fine. This one is particularly stupid over the last 'money' fight he had which made zero sense. You need competition at times to make money. He's a terrible champ despite being the best at the weight

He can't do rubbish like this then get upset people don't like him

When people don't like him (not in a 'bad guy' way but genuinely don't like him, he won't sell as well

Fight Colby rather than ducking him as he has done. It's stupid to publicly even acknowledge Nate coming off 756 losses at welterweight. Christ, his wins at 170 are over 155ers. It's laughable

Chase big fights, fine. This one is particularly stupid over the last 'money' fight he had which made zero sense. You need competition at times to make money. He's a terrible champ despite being the best at the weight
That’s all fine and I don’t really disagree with you but you can’t begrudge the man for chasing coin.

these guys have like 5 years of Max earning potential and most of them will be physically cooked when they retire.

Put yourself in his shoes. Nate could conceivably be double the pay day or Edwards or Thompson. Hate him all you like but not for this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s all fine and I don’t really disagree with you but you can’t begrudge the man for chasing coin.

these guys have like 5 years of Max earning potential and most of them will be physically cooked when they retire.

Put yourself in his shoes. Nate could conceivably be double the pay day or Edwards or Thompson. Hate him all you like but not for this.
You're in the wrong job if all you want is easy fights

The ones who make the real coin are the ones who fight the best for the most part. Without that happening, no one makes any money

The odd 'money fight' is fine but competition matters. This is another reason to dislike Usman - also Edwards/Wonderboy shouldn't even be next in line. Colby is the fight

You're in the wrong job if all you want is easy fights

The ones who make the real coin are the ones who fight the best for the most part. Without that happening, no one makes any money

The odd 'money fight' is fine but competition matters. This is another reason to dislike Usman - also Edwards/Wonderboy shouldn't even be next in line. Colby is the fight
I suppose that’s why Floyd just fought a YouTuber?

he’s already beaten Colby so plenty (me included) would argue that’s not exactly compelling

I suppose that’s why Floyd just fought a YouTuber?

he’s already beaten Colby so plenty (me included) would argue that’s not exactly compelling
Floyd has runs on the board, what a stupid take

The first fight was great and was tied going into the 5th. What on earth gets you excited for fights? Bewildering stuff in here today

Floyd has runs on the board, what a stupid take

The first fight was great and was tied going into the 5th. What on earth gets you excited for fights? Bewildering stuff in here today
So were all here talking about Uzzy has just about cleared out the division and even your suggestion is a rematch but he doesnt have runs on the board... right.

The point is (for the real slow) fighters do it to make money, not for you, to paraphrase yourself " You're following the wrong sport if you want fairness in the fights scheduled".

So were all here talking about Uzzy has just about cleared out the division and even your suggestion is a rematch but he doesnt have runs on the board... right.

The point is (for the real slow) fighters do it to make money, not for you, to paraphrase yourself " You're following the wrong sport if you want fairness in the fights scheduled".
But if a stupid attitude. So you'd support Max King and others just leaving because money hey

Colby gonna be shooting early I reckon in the rematch, will be a different fight.

Usman is a heavy favourite

... well I wouldn’t but that’s not even remotely the same, you don’t follow teams in mma and Max king is gonna do what’s best for Max king, much like this he doesn’t give a sh*t what I think.

You would tell him that legacy and reputation can be more important than money.

You would tell him that legacy and reputation can be more important than money.
Personally I would yeh (I have my opinion on the business of sport and that’s not the same as many’s), broadly I think Ussy and Max can pursue both, which is exactly what Ussy is doing imo.

Usmans “legacy” is only tarnished if he fights Nate and loses, for likely a couple extra million dollars that’s a risk I would take in a heartbeat.

I think you think I’m saying I want him to take the Nate fight, I don’t, that’s a waste of everyone’s time and I wouldn’t bother buying it but if the UFC are going to pay the man for it I can’t begrudge him doing it and frankly I don’t know why anyone else would.

Personally I would yeh (I have my opinion on the business of sport and that’s not the same as many’s), broadly I think Ussy and Max can pursue both, which is exactly what Ussy is doing imo.

Usmans “legacy” is only tarnished if he fights Nate and loses, for likely a couple extra million dollars that’s a risk I would take in a heartbeat.

I think you think I’m saying I want him to take the Nate fight, I don’t, that’s a waste of everyone’s time and I wouldn’t bother buying it but if the UFC are going to pay the man for it I can’t begrudge him doing it and frankly I don’t know why anyone else would.
I don't like Izzy but that man is fighting everyone who deserves it.

Usman has not earned the right to start chasing money fights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back