news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on mate, that's a bit crook. Even if you don't believe in the cause of the virus (animal to human), I'm not sure you can discount the number of people getting sick and the number of people dying.
How do we know who is tallying up these numbers and how they are determing the cause of death?

The median age of coronavirus 'victims' in Australia is officially listed at 79.

What a crock of obvious horseshit. It is like people have collectively forgotten WMDs and Nayirah.

How do we know who is tallying up these numbers and how they are determing the cause of death?

The median age of coronavirus 'victims' in Australia is officially listed at 79.

What a crock of obvious horseshit. It is like people have collectively forgotten WMDs and Nayirah.
You and Eddie Bravo aye.

Hospitals are more empty than usual across america.

Also doesnt answer why it took so long for ESPN to step in if they didnt want it. They were assisting the planning, after all they were to profit off it
bullshit.

They definately aren't in NY and I can tell you that for a fact

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

my favourite one is:
'Tony Ferguson's the type of guy to go to a feminist rally & come home with club sandwiches and ironed shirts.

Not that I think the event will happen, but I'm not sure it's wise to do multiple weight cuts before facing a KO artist like Gaethje.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what people would be saying if it was someone like Conor who was cutting weight for a fight that wasn't happening. Cutting weight is dumb and can be dangerous as it is. Ridiculous doing it for shits and gigs.*

*Now if he already walks around at basically this weight and the cut is as simple as don't eat dinner the night before my crying about this is moot, but I don't know what he walks around at.

Wonder what people would be saying if it was someone like Conor who was cutting weight for a fight that wasn't happening. Cutting weight is dumb and can be dangerous as it is. Ridiculous doing it for shits and gigs.*

*Now if he already walks around at basically this weight and the cut is as simple as don't eat dinner the night before my crying about this is moot, but I don't know what he walks around at.
I think the whole cutting weight is dangerous thing is a bit overblown. Yes it can be dangerous if you are extremely dehydrated. But Ferg has been doing it for years without any problems and as have many fighters. There was an interview once where he was talking about his preparation for Khabib maybe the 2nd or 3rd time they were suppose to fight and he said he got up to 200lb before cutting.

Pretty fu**in badarse thing to do, the signal that sends to everyone else about his dedication is not subtle.
I'd advise against it but it does show to others that there's no excuse to miss weight when you have others making weight for a fight not happening.

If the UFC gets going again in May and he fights around that time.....then that'll be two weight cuts in a relatively short period of time. Not the sorta way you wanna prepare for a fight.

Tony's a big guy for 155....he has to cut quite a bit to make weight.

Interview with Rob about his recent issues

Confirms that the rumours about donating bone marrow to his daughter were false. Also says he's changed teams - I wonder if that means a move away from Fab? Either way, it's probably a good chance for a rest. He was clearly working himself to the bone.

Hopefully the break does him some good and he can get that Till fight rescheduled.

Interview with Rob about his recent issues

Confirms that the rumours about donating bone marrow to his daughter were false. Also says he's changed teams - I wonder if that means a move away from Fab? Either way, it's probably a good chance for a rest. He was clearly working himself to the bone.

Hopefully the break does him some good and he can get that Till fight rescheduled.
Sounds promising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back