news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hooker won't take that fight if he wins but yeah that'd be a cracking fight

I want to see Tony/Oliveira but I think Tony will be saved for the winner of Hooker/DP
Tony/Olivera would be an unbelievably good fight.

Charles Olivera is my favourite 155er at the moment along with Gaethje

Don't think you're alone in this thought. 2 very exciting fighters. Shame Olives doesn't seem to get big names/is avoided by them

Think he gives Khabib fits with his Jits and improved stand-up...
Yeah Charles has seemed to be the "forgotten man" in the 155 pound division. Should be well and truly in there with Ferg/Poirier/Hooker as a top contender.

Yeah Charles has seemed to be the "forgotten man" in the 155 pound division. Should be well and truly in there with Ferg/Poirier/Hooker as a top contender.
He is now. After finishing Kevin Lee, he's up there with Hooker in the tier just below Gaethje, Ferg,Khabib, Conor. IMO. I think they're trying to find him a fight somewhere in there.

In fact (And I wouldn't reeeally want to see it) I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him a rematch with Cowboy in August.

He is now. After finishing Kevin Lee, he's up there with Hooker in the tier just below Gaethje, Ferg,Khabib, Conor. IMO. I think they're trying to find him a fight somewhere in there.

In fact (And I wouldn't reeeally want to see it) I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him a rematch with Cowboy in August.
Keeps him busy I guess. Maybe Iaquinta an option also, neither exactly appealing

I think the loser of poirier/hooker or maybe Gaethje if he loses to Khabib would be a good fight for Olivera.

Also I love Jorge Masvidal but I think his words have been a little strange lately. He's saying he doesn't get paid enough for what he's worth but then in the same sentence said he could retire today because he has so much money... Welp I'd love to be in that situation.

Also he's saying pay him what he's worth, but he was a relative nobody 2 years ago and got popular for basically sucker punching Leon Edwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony v Poirer would be a cracker of a fight. Hope that's next

Hooker just didn't have enough left in the tank for rounds 4 and 5. Good performance, don't think he loses anything from that but unsure where he goes from here. 6-month layoff to recover probably

251 looks an incredible card other than the PVZ fight. No clue why that's on the main card, I'll schedule my trip to the pub during that so I don't miss anything good.

Burns TKO, Yan Decision/late stoppage, Alex Decision, Rose (no idea how), who cares.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back