news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Countdown for 270 and it just highlights how piss poor the UFC are at actually promoting. They do it deliberately so fighters have no leverage but it's beyond dumb. They'd make more money promoting fighters properly too, it's so short-sighted

No one has ever had a backstory like Ngannou, let alone that person becoming heavyweight champ. They should be producing movies about this guy, making him king. But what do they do? Trash him publicly, set up needless interim titles, and try to make him look like the bad guy. It's brainless

God I hope he wins on Sunday! I have nothing against Gane, a great fighter but I hope Frankie Murder wins by vicious R1 KO to stick it to the UFC.

Watching Countdown for 270 and it just highlights how piss poor the UFC are at actually promoting. They do it deliberately so fighters have no leverage but it's beyond dumb. They'd make more money promoting fighters properly too, it's so short-sighted

No one has ever had a backstory like Ngannou, let alone that person becoming heavyweight champ. They should be producing movies about this guy, making him king. But what do they do? Trash him publicly, set up needless interim titles, and try to make him look like the bad guy. It's brainless

God I hope he wins on Sunday! I have nothing against Gane, a great fighter but I hope Frankie Murder wins by vicious R1 KO to stick it to the UFC.
That interim has to be the biggest joke title, up there with the BMF. What was it, 3 months after Francis had his last fight?

Not only his story, but that blink and you'll miss out knock out power in a heavyweight is one of the easiest things to promote in combat sports

That interim has to be the biggest joke title, up there with the BMF. What was it, 3 months after Francis had his last fight?

Not only his story, but that blink and you'll miss out knock out power in a heavyweight is one of the easiest things to promote in combat sports
He could have been the biggest PPV star going. Up there with Conor imo. Reincarnation of Iron Mike in the octogon with a movie script life...

Instead, they play it down because he dared to ask for an extra mil or 2. Would have made an extra 100 had they promoted him properly!

I didn't get around to watching that but now I'm going to.
I know that Dana doesn't like Ngannou's manager.
Would love to see Ngannou grab Dana by the shirt and threaten to knock his head off.
I too hope Ngannou wins (and nothing against Gane).

I didn't get around to watching that but now I'm going to.
I know that Dana doesn't like Ngannou's manager.
Would love to see Ngannou grab Dana by the shirt and threaten to knock his head off.
I too hope Ngannou wins (and nothing against Gane).
Anyone managed by CAA (rival firm to espn/ufc owners gets s**t treatment). Ngannous manager works for CAA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone seen Dana??

crickets GIF

Just listened to Francis on the Ariel Helwani show.

I honestly think we witnessed one of the greatest moments in pro sports of all time at UFC 270.

I already kinda thought that, but with the extra info which has come to light in the days since, it goes to another level.

As for Dana's 'I was out the back' excuse, just lol.

I've never been a Dana hater but he really has done himself no favors lately.

Last edited:
Paul will continue to make change whether Dana responds or not.
Talk about a humongous thorn in Dana's side.
I think this will only make change for the good. 🤞
Oh yeh, more saying Dana really shouldn’t engage in this at all, the second he does he loses. We expect this sort of stuff from Paul but Dana is meant to be the ceo of a major sports league. I actually quite like the Paul brothers, making bank and having some fun.

Spong looked horrendous today

There were semi high hopes for him at one point but he got smashed. Can still have fun fights but anyone who can grapple even a little bit cant be in there with him.

Rashad wrestled ok but hes shot to bits. Didnt throw a single strike i dont think. Afraid to pull the trigger but his bread and butter is grappling

Borg/Gibson was a good one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back