THE GF. ..WHO TAKES IT OUT THIS YEAR

Remove this Banner Ad

When someone pulls out the upset card, clearly they’re getting too emotional about things themselves. I have no problems with you having an opinion but I’ll call it out the undertones when I see them.

You’re looking forward to Collingwood ‘shitting the bed’ and if they don’t win the flag, you’ll be laughing about it and calling it a failure. Let’s not kid ourselves.

You reckon Collingwood are unbackable favourites against the Dees? You should be putting your house on the Pies to win then.
I’m not emotional on this topic at all. Why would I be? My team is not even close this year and I have no skin in the game. And it’s a thread about who we think will win the flag. I’ve been quite clear and rational in my view that your side should win it all in a cakewalk.

But there seems to be something I’ve said that has got your back up. And that reason is why there’s no such thing as an unbackable favourite. Surely you know that. Bookies do and so do intelligent people. That’s why gamblings for mugs.

Now just because my view has rankled you because it may be different to yours or others doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

We are passionate supporters as we love our team and would love them to be competitive every year.
This year and the last couple of years we have not been and I Humbly accept that.
Hopefully we as supporters accept this about our teams and keep it respectful between each other.

Pies win by default if they win week 1, given Brissy are no good at the G.

Can't believe so many are on the Demons. Their forwardline is dysfunctional at best and they won't be able to kick a score every week to go all the way.

View attachment 1790707
Completely capable of kicking a score. Averaged 90.4 per game this year, which is a grand total of 2.7 points less than Collingwood, despite missing our best forward for two months. And that's to go with the second best defence in the league.

Mate this is like 99% of BigFooty. Not many oppo fans want to see the lions succeed. If we fail on the big day it'll be even worse. Then we can never win a flag. Everyone is waiting for it.
Tbh I don't think many opposition fans care enough about the Lions to be bothered either way.

Yeah Hawks were impressive this year doesn't take away the fact the Lions have beaten the Magpies twice
Yes , the Lions are in with a shot to take it all , unfortunately for them and it’s supporters , the big dance is not staged at the Gabba nor Marvel . If , and it’s a good chance both the Lions and Pies make it to the last dance , see you on our home dance floor .

Yes , the Lions are in with a shot to take it all , unfortunately for them and it’s supporters , the big dance is not staged at the Gabba nor Marvel . If , and it’s a good chance both the Lions and Pies make it to the last dance , see you on our home dance floor .
Don’t complain when there’s a big fat asterisk next to your flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies win by default if they win week 1, given Brissy are no good at the G.

Can't believe so many are on the Demons. Their forwardline is dysfunctional at best and they won't be able to kick a score every week to go all the way.

View attachment 1790707
I don’t think Melbourne have been out of the game in any match this year, maybe the Essendon loss early days and the big last qtr comeback v Lions was never really gonna get over the line.

I am sure I have read on here somewhere (a lot) that there is no inherent benefit to the tenant clubs of the MCG to having the GF at their place every year since the crowd numbers are even/neutral on the day etc ... surely you are not suggesting that a home ground advantage is actually a home ground advantage are you??? gasps

It's a good thing that the fixturing department ensures that all teams get to play at the MCG as much as possible as their main priority!

Yep Melbourne teams certainly have a massive home ground advantage and are quite open about it.
Vic teams have also won every interstate grand final

I don’t think Melbourne have been out of the game in any match this year, maybe the Essendon loss early days and the big last qtr comeback v Lions was never really gonna get over the line.
Losses have ben by 11, 10, 27, 4, 7, 15 & 2 points

Even last year our loses were by little

Remove this Banner Ad

Back