Society & Culture The greatest night of your life?

Remove this Banner Ad

The first (best mate) and 3rd time (3 best mates) dropping acid tie as the best nights of my life.

Conversely, the worst night of my life occurred dropping acid also.

I was reminiscing earlier about some of the great times I've had in my life, and trying to figure out if there was ever a stand out night. Not just a great night; something that I'll always remember.

For me, that was in April this year.

A good mate's parents have a property in Oakbank up in the Adelaide Hills. Plenty of acreage; good for bonfires and dirt bike riding and all that good stuff. A group of 20 of us decided to spend the weekend up there. We were all tasked with things to bring. A few of us brought a carton of beer each, another few put their shillings together to buy out the Balhannah butcher, and I stole a few dirt bikes from Grandad along with his LandCruiser and a trailer with a built-in mobile petrol bowser. We all converged at the property.

My girlfriend came along for the weekend, which was great. I got her on the dirt bike and took great pleasure in scaring the s**t out of her. We all screwed around out there for a couple hours. After that, we arrived back at the homestead and set about cooking dinner. A BBQ with all the trimmings went down an absolute treat. We started knocking back a few coldies and talking s**t. Three of the guys and I used to be in a band, and we had organised to bring acoustic guitars, an acoustic bass and a cajon. So we played some music for a while, which was great fun.

The night sky was clear, the autumn night was neither warm nor freezing, and we were all having the best time. I don't know what it was. I think maybe for once, we weren't worried about getting dressed up or concerned with the choice of bar, to determine whether or not a night was going to be awesome. It was just a group of lads and girls in daggy clothes, enjoying each other's company. That's it.

I've had some great nights in my life, but that one probably takes the cake.

So GD, what was the greatest night of your life?

Jeez, 2/10

Come on man, where was the coke, the strippers, the dwarf ffs! And no gambling??

I was reminiscing earlier about some of the great times I've had in my life, and trying to figure out if there was ever a stand out night. Not just a great night; something that I'll always remember.

For me, that was in April this year.

A good mate's parents have a property in Oakbank up in the Adelaide Hills. Plenty of acreage; good for bonfires and dirt bike riding and all that good stuff. A group of 20 of us decided to spend the weekend up there. We were all tasked with things to bring. A few of us brought a carton of beer each, another few put their shillings together to buy out the Balhannah butcher, and I stole a few dirt bikes from Grandad along with his LandCruiser and a trailer with a built-in mobile petrol bowser. We all converged at the property.

My girlfriend came along for the weekend, which was great. I got her on the dirt bike and took great pleasure in scaring the sh*t out of her. We all screwed around out there for a couple hours. After that, we arrived back at the homestead and set about cooking dinner. A BBQ with all the trimmings went down an absolute treat. We started knocking back a few coldies and talking sh*t. Three of the guys and I used to be in a band, and we had organised to bring acoustic guitars, an acoustic bass and a cajon. So we played some music for a while, which was great fun.

The night sky was clear, the autumn night was neither warm nor freezing, and we were all having the best time. I don't know what it was. I think maybe for once, we weren't worried about getting dressed up or concerned with the choice of bar, to determine whether or not a night was going to be awesome. It was just a group of lads and girls in daggy clothes, enjoying each other's company. That's it.

I've had some great nights in my life, but that one probably takes the cake.

So GD, what was the greatest night of your life?

Bump.

Classic from the CE.

(am cleaning out my watched threads atm)

Bump.

Classic from the CE.

(am cleaning out my watched threads atm)
lol

Even knowing it's fake, the bit about the band playing some tunes made me cringe. Had a quick look, and yep...

This part sounds like it would have been genuinely horrible for everyone else there.

Well done by me.

From when I started work to my late 20s, my dad and I used to spend the week between Christmas and New Year sailing his boat on Sydney Harbour.

The boat was nothing fancy - an old Mottle 33 - but my brother and mum never wanted to come so it was just the two of us for 5 or 6 days straight. We’d watch the start of the Hobart race, listen to the cricket on the radio, and maybe try and find a quiet spot to watch the fireworks. Basically camping on the water.

The nights were generally awesome - almost always cool and still - and we’d just sit on deck listening to the waves lap against the hull, drink a couple of beers and chat.

It was the most time I ever got one on one with my dad and I reckon those are my best memories of him.

Legit can't even think of anything.
Boring campaigner.

Popping my cherry probably, most notable for 2 things.

1 - the immediate feeling afterwards of " Well it wasn't the epic thing i'd envisioned it to be...but it's was still pretty good "
2 - Immediately turning on the tv and seeing Stevie Renouf sink the Poms with a miracle try in the World Cup final ( Was like 4am )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bugger. Threads locked.

Ill leave the link here

And the night when Aish rode the whale.
Which Whale would that be ?....

THIS Whale ?
IotWMb2.gif

Couldn't find the Tahan gif :'(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back