Movies & TV The Hangar Game of Thrones Thread **SEASON 8 SPOILERS**

Remove this Banner Ad

- Still reckon my version of the ending above works best.

- Seems Tyrion and Sansa have agreed to a long distance marriage.

- I had forgotten that Edmure Tully was still alive. I’ve since watched Outlander and all I saw was the actor’s sadistic rapey character in that.

- The wings of Drogon behind Dany was a cool shot.

- The melting of the iron throne was a nice touch.

- Dany never got to sit on the iron throne. Such a long unfulfilled journey for the Mad Queen.

- Does anyone other than Tyrion and the Stark kids even know that Jon has a claim for the throne? Seems to have been kept hush and then he’s sent on his way.

My favourite show of all time. The details of the ending were never important to me so long as it finished somewhat satisfactorily. I was fine for the style to change in seasons 7 and 8. I think it was the right move to try to wrap it all up before it drags to 13 series and peters out. I didn’t like some of the plot shortcuts taken in recent times such as teleporting and the unsullied suddenly multiplying in the last episodes, yet those elements I’m happy to overlook for the bigger picture.

Personally, I feel grateful for GOT; the world built by the author and brought to screen by the showrunners was incredible, and it’s a world I’ll imagine whenever I think of epic fantasy... along with Middle Earth and a galaxy far, far away.

The big twist is that the show that was secretly a Bad Show from season 5 onwards turned out to be obviously a Bad Show in the end.

When you hit an outrageous high point like the Red Wedding, the only way to go is down. That's the time to start gearing up towards an endgame, not prolonging it with a bunch of repetitive crap. Greed stretched this damn thing out, not any sort of organic storytelling idea, and that's why this last season reads as well as the homework I used to do the morning it was due.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back