Movies & TV The Hangar Game of Thrones Thread **SEASON 8 SPOILERS**

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thrilled to see a thread on The Wire as it shows that people who love the bombers also love premium t.v. In the spirit of this I thought I would start a thread on Game of Thrones. I just watched the first season and was blown away by it. If the seasons to follow are of the same high quality as the first, this could definitely by up with some of my all time favorites such as The Wire, Sopranos, Mad Men and Six Feet Under. Has anyone else seen it, or liked it as much as me?

I usually dislike fantasy movies/shows e.g. lord of the rings and Harry Potter, but this show is ****ing hardcore. I also find that fantasy shows tend to be written in this really cheesy way, but the dialogue in this show is actually very funny (black humour) and its directed by guys like Alan Taylor and Tim Van Patten who have worked on The Sopranos, The Wire, Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire (yet to see). Not trying to twist anyone's arm to see it, but I think people will get a lot of joy from this show if they give it a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, have already watched the whole series 1 and highly recommend it, I consider it more political/military thriller than fantasy. I'm now in full geek mode reading the books. Very addictive.

I think GoT does it well too, especially with Khal Drogo.

I think doug85 and Drummer_19 would agree that he's such a bad ass.
Yep massive bad ass. :thumbsu: At Danair - more political/military thriller than fantasy is a very good description.

Hey guys, have already watched the whole series 1 and highly recommend it, I consider it more political/military thriller than fantasy. I'm now in full geek mode reading the books. Very addictive.
Yep massive bad ass. :thumbsu: At Danair - more political/military thriller than fantasy is a very good description.
Would have to agree. There is definitely an element of fantasy to it but the storyline is more political.
GoT is amazing. Watching it the second time round with the girlfriend at the moment and enjoying it more. Can't wait for the second season. Man up and watch it Whomb, it's all blood, sex and dwarves.

This.

Sean Bean is Lord Ned Stark

Khal Drogo is the guy that's the new Conan

Drogo.jpg

I've just started this series, I'm up to episode 5 and I must say I am very impressed. I had my doubts but most of my friends urged me to watch it.

You wont be disappointed Whomb, it is a very good show.

Hmm, slightly keener now.

LotR did the seemingly impossible, of making something really geeky into something believably tough.

I downloaded it all of btjunkie. I watched a few months ago and it is fantastic Whomb. Pretty gritty and definitely worth the watch. As much boobies as Sopranos too. Apparently the books are more gritty. Couple of nice decapitations in the show!!!

I watched the first ep and was left a little underwhelmed but reading this thread I'll have to give it more of a go. I should probably know from Oz and The Wire that it pays to give shows more than a couple of eps before I give em the can

Remove this Banner Ad

Back