Podcast The Hooligan Report - S2E12 Jamie Vardy: From Fallon D'Floor to Ballon D'or!

Remove this Banner Ad

A busy Premier League weekend, but after a bore draw in Manchester, the KC looks set to deliver the entertainment. SM is joined by Bojan KantKick, Cooksen and Fryer Tuck joins the boys to discuss the Premier League action from the weekend. West Ham beat Chelsea, but is anyone surprised? Liverpool draw at home in Klopp's debut, putting him further behind the pace set by Rodgers, Villa say farewell to the man who kept them up and took them to a Cup Final, and Leicester continue their fine form ahead of a stern test in the League Cup.

Audio Link

The Hooligan Report Wants YOU!

Want to add your voice to the podcast? Offer your opinion on the beautiful game? PM SM to express your interest for joining the crew! All you need is a mic, about an hour of your time on any given night - we change each week! - and some cursory knowledge of the great game.

If you're good with design, feel free to submit an image for the podcast to use for the podcast!

Want to let everyone know why you support the team you do? Want to let everyone in on why your team is the best in the League? Tell us about it! PM SM or any of the crew and we'll get you on to interview you about your passion for your side.

For Those on iTunes

Subscribe in iTunes HERE!

Archives

Season 1 HERE

- The Hooligan Report S02E01 - Looney's Tunes and Cruyff's Accents Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E02 - Looney's Tunes and Cruyff's Accents Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E03 - Stoke's Champions League Winners Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E04 - Harry Kane Loves Rock Climbing Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E05 - Bow Down Minnows, Leicester Are Top 2! Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E06 - Brendan Rodgers Presents History of the World
Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E07 - SM & Bojan Chat Martial Matters Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E08 - Ranieri's Waiting in the Wings for Chelsea Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E09 - Please Save Brendan Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E10 - Jamie "Mr England" Vardy to Solve United's Woes? Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E11 - FourNaldum to the Rescue! Audio Link Youtube Link
- The Hooligan Report S02E12 - Jamie Vardy: From Fallon D'Floor to Ballon D'or! Audio Link Youtube Link

"You can offer a 100m for him and it's not gonna do us any good"
"really can't put a price on him"

For **** sake.

Delusional. Absolutely delusional.
And rightly so.

One of the dumbest things I've heard on here period.

I knew this would pop up. The analogy was probably wasted. I'll admit that I exaggerated it, but at least I said he is currently priceless to us.

OK, Cruyff, I’ll keep this brief. Let’s pretend for a moment that Vardy was sold for… 40 million.

Here’s your question: Who would you get to replace Vardy? Knowing that:
*We don’t have any strikers that match the Vardy build (I actually think Schlupp is the next best in that line, and ye gods… no.)
*Everyone is aware of you have a crapload of money, and even more money to come next season. They will squeeze every last cent out of you.
*You are competing against CL French and German clubs (and other PL clubs) for that ‘next level’ up player. You also know that in order to have a chance, you need to:
*Offer a significantly larger offer
*Offer a significant wage, which would be more than anyone at the club
*Also manage to convince the player that we’re aiming for a European Spot and give him the undisputed number 1 position at Leicester.

Saaaayy… do you think we could get Breel Embolo? He looks like a really good talent, certainly one for the future that can deliver for Leicester now. Problem is his price tag is 25-30m pounds, and there are plenty of CL and Europa German clubs after him. Do you think we have a chance to get him without paying unsustainable overs?

Also tell me, how have Villa gone with that Benteke money? What’s that? Dead last? After 50 million pounds of investment? Oh that’s a shame. Did they ever replace Benteke? Jordan Ayew? Is he their number 1? Second to Gabby? Oh dear. I could've mentioned Tottenham and Spurs, heck, I could've mentioned us in 2000 after Heskey, and we were arguably in a better position at the time.

My point? Money is not a problem for Leicester, if the owners wanted to spend 30 million in one shot, they'd have no problem to do so. It's the quality of player that wants to play for Leicester over a bigger club that's our issue. If you also answered 'No' to whether we can attract Embolo to the club, then you can see why I don't want to sell him now even if you offered me a briefcase of money.

Unless you can name me a player that would take Leicester to being a top 10 club with a view to being a top 5 club in the next two years that would realistically, without ruining the club culture, come to us and raise the profile of Leicester instantly this January, then I stand by my valuation that Vardy is currently indispensable to the club.

I knew this would pop up. The analogy was probably wasted. I'll admit that I exaggerated it, but at least I said he is currently priceless to us.

OK, Cruyff, I’ll keep this brief. Let’s pretend for a moment that Vardy was sold for… 40 million.

Here’s your question: Who would you get to replace Vardy? Knowing that:
*We don’t have any strikers that match the Vardy build (I actually think Schlupp is the next best in that line, and ye gods… no.)
*Everyone is aware of you have a crapload of money, and even more money to come next season. They will squeeze every last cent out of you.
*You are competing against CL French and German clubs (and other PL clubs) for that ‘next level’ up player. You also know that in order to have a chance, you need to:
*Offer a significantly larger offer
*Offer a significant wage, which would be more than anyone at the club
*Also manage to convince the player that we’re aiming for a European Spot and give him the undisputed number 1 position at Leicester.

Saaaayy… do you think we could get Breel Embolo? He looks like a really good talent, certainly one for the future that can deliver for Leicester now. Problem is his price tag is 25-30m pounds, and there are plenty of CL and Europa German clubs after him. Do you think we have a chance to get him without paying unsustainable overs?

Also tell me, how have Villa gone with that Benteke money? What’s that? Dead last? After 50 million pounds of investment? Oh that’s a shame. Did they ever replace Benteke? Jordan Ayew? Is he their number 1? Second to Gabby? Oh dear. I could've mentioned Tottenham and Spurs, heck, I could've mentioned us in 2000 after Heskey, and we were arguably in a better position at the time.

My point? Money is not a problem for Leicester, if the owners wanted to spend 30 million in one shot, they'd have no problem to do so. It's the quality of player that wants to play for Leicester over a bigger club that's our issue. If you also answered 'No' to whether we can attract Embolo to the club, then you can see why I don't want to sell him now even if you offered me a briefcase of money.

Unless you can name me a player that would take Leicester to being a top 10 club with a view to being a top 5 club in the next two years that would realistically, without ruining the club culture, come to us and raise the profile of Leicester instantly this January, then I stand by my valuation that Vardy is currently indispensable to the club.
You could probably get Welbeck and Chambers for a combined 5m quid. Then have 35m left over:thumbsu:

SM rated Andy Robertson at 30m last summer so you could buy him too.

You could probably get Welbeck and Chambers for a combined 5m quid. Then have 35m left over:thumbsu:

SM rated Andy Robertson at 30m last summer so you could buy him too.

No, I've actualy listened back to that podcast a few times - bored at work - I said the club did, I also said that we'd likely let Brady go for 7/8m - which is what we did sell him for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back