Portfolio The Ideal AFL By Fizzler

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah we back... gonna post all the teams once I get St. Kilda done.
Richmond Tigers
1627729552106.png
For the Tigers I've kept things mostly similar to what they normally wear. Rather than having a full sash on the back of the home and no sash on the back of the clash I've opted for something a little different. I've gone for a split sash on the back of both creating a more continuous between the two uniforms. This also allows the numbers to stay straight yellow and black. Would look better with a less jarring back sponsor but it gets the job done. What do you think?

Yeah we back... gonna post all the teams once I get St. Kilda done.
Richmond Tigers
View attachment 1192548
For the Tigers I've kept things mostly similar to what they normally wear. Rather than having a full sash on the back of the home and no sash on the back of the clash I've opted for something a little different. I've gone for a split sash on the back of both creating a more continuous between the two uniforms. This also allows the numbers to stay straight yellow and black. Would look better with a less jarring back sponsor but it gets the job done. What do you think?
For some reason I actually froth the no sash on the back look for the Tigers, like they had in the Early 2000's. Just feels a lot cleaner to me.

Last edited:

St. Kilda Saints
St Kilda.png

Bye-bye tripanel, I've opted for a crusader-inspired design for the home which I've also made darker for the sake of keeping it a similar amount of darkness to the current home. Looks a lot stronger and more unique like this. The away jumper features the iconic candy stripe design which honestly was a little bit of a nightmare for the logos, ultimately I ended up opting for the white stroke around them which isn't ideal but it'll have to do. A little bit radical here, what do we think Saints fans?

Last edited:
Sydney Swans
Sydney.png
For the Swans I went with something that harked back to the South Melbourne days just a little by combining the vee and the opera house, kind of like the 2011-2016 clash jumper, albeit a little steeper. Sydney are another club with the light jumper at home in order to make sure the jumper has a light front and back. The dark uniform simply has the outline of the vee placed on a red jumper which harks back to a different South Melbourne jumper, the full red outfit of 1920-22 which I've also placed the monogram from it above the numbers of both jumpers.

West Coast Eagles
West Coast.png

Uhhh nothing radical here, this is essentially the Eagles; current set up but you know what they say. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. After years of experimenting the Eagles have finally landed on the perfect home/away combo and should never change it. Simple stuff.

Western Bulldogs
Western Bulldogs.png

Finally, we get to the Doggies. I've long preferred the single band jumper over the two bands they wear these days and if not for the fact that their two premierships were won in the two bands I'd be strongly advocating for this combo. The red cuffs and collar that have been introduced in real life recently have carried over to the home here. I brought out a red variant as the light jumper even though I think the shade of red they use is technically darker than the blue, but coupled with white shorts it works. How we feeling Doggies fans?

West Coast Eagles
View attachment 1193329

Uhhh nothing radical here, this is essentially the Eagles; current set up but you know what they say. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. After years of experimenting the Eagles have finally landed on the perfect home/away combo and should never change it. Simple stuff.
#goldshorts

Port Adelaide Power
View attachment 1109864
I love the Bars, so I couldn't just not bring them back here. Perhaps the biggest change is turning them into six bars rather than two sets of three bars which is a result of recreating the design seen on lace up jumpers. I've basically ditched teal for the most part outside of the logo and kept the teal clash rather than reverting to white. Basically just getting Port in something as pre-AFL-centric as possible without not being the power, hence why the chevrons survive. Very biased designs here but as a Port fan I love it. How are we feeling fellow Port fans?
Also follow up confession, Richmond and St Kilda are the only two teams I haven't done and they're the next two up. Should I wait till I finish them to recommence or do I post the teams that are finished. Let me know please :)

obviously this post is a few months old so sorry to be bringing it back up, but I think the home jumper would be perfect if the white bars were thinner and had more black space in between them, like how they look on the club logo. makes the jumper more black-dominant, and it's probably closer to how the design looked for most of Port's sanfl history. It also looks less like Collingwood's consistent black and white stripes of identical size, and more like a distinct design (which it is)

obviously this post is a few months old so sorry to be bringing it back up, but I think the home jumper would be perfect if the white bars were thinner and had more black space in between them, like how they look on the club logo. makes the jumper more black-dominant, and it's probably closer to how the design looked for most of Port's sanfl history. It also looks less like Collingwood's consistent black and white stripes of identical size, and more like a distinct design (which it is)
Fair call. Honestly if I had my time again I'd probably make it a bit more like that, went for the sort of default prison bars here but I'd want to make it a bit more like the 1914 Prison Bars. We wore them in 2003 for heritage round and in the SANFL in 2014 (would've been worn in the AFL but apparently 100 years since going undefeated, beating a combined rest of SANFL team and beating Carlton for the Championship of Australia isn't important enough, which is to be expected as it implies footy existed outside of Vic that long ago). I have the 2014 version and I love it so much, only thing I'd change is to give it 6 bars much like you suggested. Black cuffs and no panel looks sleek as * and it'd be tempting to do that.
1628084859634.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back