Resource The Interstate Supporter's Guide to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I was looking on the SCG website for information re buses to SCG and read this

On event days, express shuttle buses run every five minutes from Chalmers St at Central Station to Moore Park. Buses may also run from Young Street at Circular Quay for selected events.

It says buses may also run from Circular Quay for selected events. I am coming up for the Dogs match next weekend and am staying at Quay West at the Rocks. Will there be buses to SCG from Circular Quay for this match.

If not, what is the best way to get to the ground. There will be 3 adults (one a 75 yo) and 2 kids (7 & 13)

Thanks for your help.
It's always run from Circular Quay from memory. Don't know why they would put the qualifier in. Best thing is to check a week before the match, they'll have more concrete information then. Worse comes to worse there are plenty of normal buses from Circular Quay to the Moore Park area: 373, 377, 392, 394, 396 and probably a few other routes I'm not familiar with.

Thanks.

Who do I check with a week before the match. Also, does my game ticket entitle me to free transport to the game.
No it doesn't and it costs more than the usual bus. I don't know how long you're staying here and where else you intend to go but you might benefit by getting an Opal card during your stay

Thanks. Fly in Saturday at 9.30am and out at 5.00pm Sunday.

As there are 5 of us we plan to catch a cab from airport to hotel. The only other public transport may be a ferry to Luna Park.

I'm assuming the ferry will be on Sunday. If so, then definitely get the Opal card as the maximum amount total you will pay for any public transport on Sundays is $2.50 and one ferry trip is already $6+ from memory. (Note: doesn't include train to/from airport). You can then also use Opal on the special event bus to/from the SCG and you will be charged $2.10 each way instead of $6 return if you pay by cash.

Last edited:
I was looking on the SCG website for information re buses to SCG and read this

On event days, express shuttle buses run every five minutes from Chalmers St at Central Station to Moore Park. Buses may also run from Young Street at Circular Quay for selected events.

It says buses may also run from Circular Quay for selected events. I am coming up for the Dogs match next weekend and am staying at Quay West at the Rocks. Will there be buses to SCG from Circular Quay for this match.

If not, what is the best way to get to the ground. There will be 3 adults (one a 75 yo) and 2 kids (7 & 13)

Thanks for your help.

I haven't been to one game where there wasn't a bus from CQ but I'd check beforehand just in case. Either way, it doesn't matter because you have to go there to get a bus. The bus stop is near McDonalds, and if it's not on then I think Stand D? about a minute away works. If you go to Stand D which from memory is opposite Wharf 2, just about any bus that goes to Randwick Junction will go past Moore Park. Every bus will say 'Randwick Junction' if it goes there. Check with the driver that it stops close to the SCG just in case.
On the way back there is always a bus to CQ from the SCG regardless of what match it is.

I haven't been to one game where there wasn't a bus from CQ but I'd check beforehand just in case. Either way, it doesn't matter because you have to go there to get a bus.

How long will the bus take to get to the SCG.

No it doesn't and it costs more than the usual bus. I don't know how long you're staying here and where else you intend to go but you might benefit by getting an Opal card during your stay
Definitely recommend getting the Opal Card, can use it on all buses to/from Circular Quay (incl. Special event buses), all Trains and ferries

Hey lads,

Due to a few trips O/S its looking like Friday Night Vs Collingwood @ SCG could be my only trip up from Melbourne for the year unless we make finals. However this will probably change and I'll end up flying over for a couple more, but seeing as this ones set in stone & is a fairly big game if a BigFooty Pre & Post match piss up was to be organized I definitely woudl'nt be against it ;).

I'll have the handbrake with me too so any female company would be appreciated haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless you have the Moore Park link ticket (combined Train/Bus travel), you are meant to have a ticket. ;)

you guys are pulling my leg? i get a return to city/central then i just walk put of the station to right and get straight on the bus with everyone else. no ones ever asked for a ticket.

really? i've never paid for the Special events bus from central?
I have reported your IP and username to the Catching Rogue Assholes Police. They have responded with a calculation that estimates that due to your fare evasion over the past 12 years at an average inflation rate of 2% you now owe the state government $2,518.82.

I have reported your IP and username to the Catching Rogue Assholes Police. They have responded with a calculation that estimates that due to your fare evasion over the past 12 years at an average inflation rate of 2% you now owe the state government $2,518.82.

you mean state debt recovery?

No I mean CRAP

alf-ha.jpg

Booked flights with the missus to come up to watch Sydney vs. Collingwood on Fri Aug 14th. Can't wait been ages since I've been to Sydney. Staying the weekend. Best thing is, my missus is a Collingwood supporter and I do hope the flight hope will be enjoyable for me.

Booked flights with the missus to come up to watch Sydney vs. Collingwood on Fri Aug 14th. Can't wait been ages since I've been to Sydney. Staying the weekend. Best thing is, my missus is a Collingwood supporter and I do hope the flight hope will be enjoyable for me.
That's reasonable grounds for a divorce. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back