The Joke that is the West Australian Liberal Party

Remove this Banner Ad

The point with 2021 was that because the Liberals failed to make any point of differentiation, they gave tacit approval to everything the government had done during the previous term rather than trying to figure out how to dent McGowan's popularity. The architects of this insipid strategy then blamed the people who argued against it for its failure.
You make a good argument but I believe its at least possible that peoples perception of the Libs as having being taken over by the evangelicals affected the way they voted to some degree. Certainly for me & my friendship, family group the idea of being governed by more happy clappers like Morrison is a major turn off regardless of what policies they might be ostensibly running on.

It's unfortunate, but I don't think untrue to say that (in recent times) parties stated policy positions often have little to do with how they end up governing. I mean Dutton could say he's going to do any number of things that might appeal to voters but people are still going to vote with their perception of him in mind and he's not a popular figure to a lot of people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back