The JUBJUB Memorial Supercars 2017 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Roland Dane runs this competition. Why is anyone surprised. Ping Dale Wood and Coulthard for speeding so they can get Mclaughlin and make it less suss. Corruption at it's best. Scott was in front Craig did all he could to try and turn him.

Also, they made the decision far far quicker than any others during the year.

That's my issue. The default assumption should always be racing incident until all the facts are taken into account, who cares if announcements take 30 minutes to an hour. Its too important. As it stands, it shows a clear bias by race control.

Worst thing is that if it does get overturned it’s a massive anti-climax.
It wont be overturned . or you can have free reign to smash any passing car into the fence.
All 3 red bull cars teamed to win the championship .
Best drivers dont always win the championship ala Rick Kelly and Russel Ingall .
The sook should realise its only a sport and smile and be gracious .

If McGlaughlin doesn't spin Simona, he probably finishes 6th. He bottled it before the last lap, and he bottled the first corner which put him in the spot.

The key point was T8 getting Whincup back in Bathurst and yesterday.

No protest IMO. DJ and Storey aren't like Roland Dane.

It wont be overturned . or you can have free reign to smash any passing car into the fence.
All 3 red bull cars teamed to win the championship .
Best drivers dont always win the championship ala Rick Kelly and Russel Ingall .
The sook should realise its only a sport and smile and be gracious .

I thought he did as good as he could considering he was interviewed minutes after the incident...

Would you rather then take their time until like 10 minutes after the race? They had to get it done quick otherwise it would've tainted it further
I want them to make a measured decision, not a snap 10 second one.

70 second lap and they've decided it 2 corners in.

Roland Dane runs this competition. Why is anyone surprised. Ping Dale Wood and Coulthard for speeding so they can get Mclaughlin and make it less suss. Corruption at it's best. Scott was in front Craig did all he could to try and turn him.

If Scott can be gracious in defeat and not say moronic things then I’m sure you can try your hardest to do the same...

Wonder what the Captain thinks.

That stuff is run of the mill in NASCAR, no penalty.

anyone see the shot of Lowndes as soon as he got back to the pits?

was shaking the hands of his pit crew and didn't look annoyed or angry about the accident, didn't look happy for the team getting the championship - he looked like he'd just run over his dog... had that sunken feeling written all over him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm gutted that Scotty didn't win the title. As I've said before, wins should count for more in the points system.

But WOW what a race, that was one of the best couple of hours I've ever had watching motorsport!

Also, they made the decision far far quicker than any others during the year.

This is what had me stumped too. The decision was made way to quick. Very suspicious.
They showed the replay from a few angles as well in slow motion on the Fox coverage which at least took a few minutes after the race. doubt race control took the time or used all the camera angles to make their assessment. I understand they would have wanted a quick decision because of the time, but surly with a championship on the line they could have assessed it and taken the time. Wouldn't have been more then 10min tops! now it might end up in the courts poor form.

I tell you what though, Scotty Mac is going to bolt the title in next year.

Bookmark it.

Over an hour later and i'm still in shock.
Cat *en grabbed a pigeon and didn't finish it off so i had to take it to the vet and haven't been able to watch all the interviews yet.

That last incident 100% on Scotty , just remember had he moved over BEFORE Lowndsey got the overlap we're probably toasting this kids maiden title and talking Nascars.
So if we want to biol it down , Scotty was about half-a-second off being champion.
Gutted for Scotty but you can only shoot yourself in the foot so many times and not pay the price.
DJRTP will be scratching their heads trying to work out where this ( mostly ) dominant season went wrong.
The Bathurst result ultimately ended him.

( Not having Fabs out there as a tail gunner today didn't help )

As for Jamie -
Not always the 2nd fastest car this year but he put all of his championship winning nous into practice to win arguably the sweetest title of his career.
He should dump his missus the day after the bucks show more often lol ( but not lol really )

Tell me he's not THE KING....

Last edited:
Wow. Linda Lovelace McLachlan choked big time, so many mistakes. That will hurt for a long time, and it should.

Happy for Jamie, the better driver this weekend won ... poor ol' Linda must be devastated, figuratively shat the bed right in front of Roger himself.

Anyone arguing that was not a driving infringement is a fool, if you defend you have to leave room, and you certainly cannot deliberately put another car into a concrete wall. That was dangerous and Linda was lucky Lowndes wasn't hurt.

Better luck next year Linda ... during the off season work on your gag reflex and the championship is yours !

:)

Wow. Linda Lovelace McLachlan choked big time, so many mistakes. That will hurt for a long time, and it should.

Happy for Jamie, the better driver this weekend won ... poor ol' Linda must be devastated, figuratively shat the bed right in front of Roger himself.

Anyone arguing that was not a driving infringement is a fool, if you defend you have to leave room, and you certainly cannot deliberately put another car into a concrete wall. That was dangerous and Linda was lucky Lowndes wasn't hurt.

Better luck next year Linda ... during the off season work on your gag reflex and he championship is yours !

:)
There was room, Lowndes knew the gap was closing.

I feel for Scotty and wanted him to win it, but he completely bottled it.

I don't blame him for putting the squeeze on Lowndes though. CL gets past (which he would have done) and it's game over. Scott had to squeeze him and just unfortunate he forced him into the wall. Penalty was deserved though. I'd be more annoyed about the Simona penalty. That was a big brain fart and easily avoidable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back