The Killers - Imploding the Mirage

Remove this Banner Ad

Been very patchy since Sam’s Town but keen to hear this.

Hot Fuss is still a classic pop rock album IMO, and my gateway into bands like Interpol, Arcade Fire and Bloc Party.

The general consensus was that album was super top heavy, but the back half is just as strong. On Top, Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll and Everything Will Be Alright are comfortable top 10 Killers tracks.

Really enjoying this album! It could be their best, at least their best since Day and Age. I've been replaying it heaps.

My Own Soul's Warning
Dying Breed
Lightning Fields
My God
Imploding the Mirage

All top notch tracks imo, and there are no real lowlights.

I really enjoyed listening to this album and it probably the best album since their Hot Fuss/Sam's Town Era musically which is always a positive.

It was a bit cheesy yeah but at the same time the meaning and connection of all of the songs of love and hope shows how mature the band are compared to most bands these days.

A good listen for any alternative/indie/rock listener out there.

I can't say I listen to much new music these days as I'm usually listening to podcasts when I have the time, but over the last 3 months between work I've been renovating a house we bought and working with our electrician/handyman and he always plays OuiFM. A French station that's a rock station somewhere between JJJ and MMM. I've been hearing 'Caution' for months and have really liked it, and today I finally googled who it was. As soon as I saw it was The Killers I couldn't believe I didn't pick it.. All the patterns are there from 20 years ago. The voice of Flowers.. I should have known. It's a great track with octave jumps in the melody that's so his thing and hooks all over the place.. And the last minute of the lead guitar following the melody is messy, loose and beautiful.

No-one in this thread has mentioned this song, so makes me think I should listen to the whole release.

I played it to my wife and asked her who do you think this is.. She said Arcade Fire...and there are elements of Arcade Fire in the first verse/chorus but it would sound very different. I'd love to hear and Arcade Fire cover of this track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No-one in this thread has mentioned this song, so makes me think I should listen to the whole release.

I played it to my wife and asked her who do you think this is.. She said Arcade Fire...and there are elements of Arcade Fire in the first verse/chorus but it would sound very different. I'd love to hear and Arcade Fire cover of this track.

I have heard it plenty of times on the radio and I am not sick of it yet, Love the intro and the first few lines of lyrics.

A few people I know have made the connection between the album and the band 'The war on drugs', if you have not heard of them i recommend checking them out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back