Remove this Banner Ad

R11.png

Roys FFC 12.8 (80) lost to Las Vegas Bears 17.9 (111)

A must win match for the bears and win they did. Emphatically. after a see-sawing first quarter The Bears ended the first break 5 points up and never lost the lead from there. xenxen, AuntyBlindEye and Matera92 played as good a qooty match as anyone could hope to, let alone three people on the same team. Xen ended up with 15 kicks, 5 marks and a whopping 22 handballs to go along with a goal. ABE was a brick wall that stopped any hope of clearances the Roys had and finished on 12 kicks, 17 handballs, 2 goals and a bone-crunching 9 tackles. Matera kicked a couple of goals and found teammates at every turn to see out the match with 10 kicks, 6 marks and 17 handballs. MWPP, Art Vandelay_, Test Tickle and Hawks1994 were all instrumental also in securing the win.

Qooty:

5 - Hawks1994
4 - MWPP
3 - Matera92
2 - AuntyBlindEye
1 - xenxen

Posting:

3 - JoshWoodenSpoon
2 - AuntyBlindEye
1 - Test Tickle

Boomer.jpg
Hello Ok Boomer are you looking forward to a big night?
Looking forward to drinking the bar dry

How have you rated your performance this season?

Metronome comes to mind, I know my teammates (well mainly Cadaver ) love my consistency. Hopefully I will continue to bore the opposition into submission next season!

You've been injury free this season, what do you put that down to?

Our legendary team bonding sessions and being a soft outside qooty player.
JoshWoodenSpoon and the leadership group have always encouraged me to play to my strengths which helps.

Do you prefer traveling by Team Bus or Bear Air 7000?

Bear Air 7000, helps with the bonding while keeping the egos nice and high. I suggest that we all start wearing sunglasses in the airport next season.

Besides myself, who do you think will win our B&F tonight?

No idea, just give it to MWPP for being a solid citizen

Thanks for playing with me this season, I really enjoyed it, have a great night.

Cheers Testy

View attachment 791830

Cadaver welcome, take a seat mate, disappointing year onfield, what do the Bears need to do better next season?
Yeah it wasn't the best exit, scraping into finals was a highlight but we would've liked to have another crack at that premiership.
We've always been a terrific attacking team so I think a look at the defence is well overdue. Perhaps moving a certain mainstay at full back would be the best bet moving forward.

You'll be leaving us for greener pastures, we wish you well, what memories will you take from Las Vegas?
Jeez, there's many many memories. Our very first practice games, when we blew the Roys and Warriors out of the water and I got to witness a special Argas Tuft tear the tournament open from a forward flank. Is he still kicking around?
And then there's the infamous 'Forward 50 Orgy' early in Season 26 which may have cost us a win.
The Season 27 finals run, when we overcame all odds to make the Grand Final. Not to mention the whole 'nearly screwing the captain out of a premiership fiasco'.
Plenty of memories mate.

What a great debut you had kicking 8 goals against the Wonders, that will stay with you forever, wont it?
You just get the feeling I will never let the Wonders and in particular haydo live that one down. Still my best goals tally after 50 games, wouldn't mind if it stayed that way for my whole career!

A few words about the S26 Spam Bears?
I only really need one mate, 'elite'. I doubt there will ever be a group of rookies as tenacious, driven and brilliant as us four. Not quite sure how we didn't go 1-2-3-4 in the EKA that season, we fully deserved to.

Well you're definitely the favourite in my eyes, perhaps pipping AuntyBlindEye I reckon MWPP could be a bit of a smokey this season and you can't discount the FRED Medal winner Its Manbearpig either. Art Vandelay_ no chance.

Thanks for playing with me this season, I really enjoyed it, I will miss you, have a great night.
You know where I'll be for kickons mate, hit me up. :kissingheart:
always rated Cadaver and enjoyed your posts and banter, I backed you publicly when you were being screwed out of the EKA and still think that was an injustice. Now it could be the 40+ shots I've had making me feel this way but love you man

R12.png

Gumbies FFC 17.8 (110) defeated Las Vegas Bears 13.6 (84)

Round 12 the Bears traveled to the House of Gumby on a warm but comfortable day aiming to carry on from the nice win against the Roys last week. JoshWoodenSpoon sat out the game after a team sheet indiscretion last week from Test Tickle resulting in a 1 game suspension. The first quarter was a tight tussle with the lead changing 5 times, goal for goal with the away team doing the better and the Bears went in to the first break with a 13pt lead. 3 quick goals from the Bears kept the home ground crowd very quiet with the Bears controlling the midfield clearances and moving out to a 30pt lead at the 7 minute mark. Unfortunately that’s about where it ended for the Bears as the Gumbies piled on 6 of the next 7 goals to hit the front as they headed in to the long break leading now by 3pts. The 3rd quarter stunned the Bears and the Gumbies took full control of this game kicking 7 goals to the Bears 2 and at 3 quarter time leading the Bears by a comfortable 34pts. In a very tight last quarter the Bears tried hard and outscored the Gumbies in a low scoring last quarter 2 goals to 1, with the Gumbies never in doubt after half time and running out eventual winners by 26pts.

AuntyBlindEye was magnificent all day gathering 29 possessions, laying 5 tackles and kicking 2 goals, Matera92 was unstoppable with 34 touches and a goal, MWPP collected 29 possies and 10 strong marks and a goal, while hilly gathered some of his old form back picking up 23 touches and 6 marks and Art Vandelay_ chipping in with 20 possessions, 6 wonderful tackles and a goal.

Qooty:

5 - AuntyBlindEye
4 - Matera92
3 - MWPP
2 - hilly
1 - Art Vandelay_

Posting:

3 - AuntyBlindEye
2 - Test Tickle
1 - MWPP

View attachment 791859

Gumbies FFC 17.8 (110) defeated Las Vegas Bears 13.6 (84)

Round 12 the Bears traveled to the House of Gumby on a warm but comfortable day aiming to carry on from the nice win against the Roys last week. JoshWoodenSpoon sat out the game after a team sheet indiscretion last week from Test Tickle resulting in a 1 game suspension. The first quarter was a tight tussle with the lead changing 5 times, goal for goal with the away team doing the better and the Bears went in to the first break with a 13pt lead. 3 quick goals from the Bears kept the home ground crowd very quiet with the Bears controlling the midfield clearances and moving out to a 30pt lead at the 7 minute mark. Unfortunately that’s about where it ended for the Bears as the Gumbies piled on 6 of the next 7 goals to hit the front as they headed in to the long break leading now by 3pts. The 3rd quarter stunned the Bears and the Gumbies took full control of this game kicking 7 goals to the Bears 2 and at 3 quarter time leading the Bears by a comfortable 34pts. In a very tight last quarter the Bears tried hard and outscored the Gumbies in a low scoring last quarter 2 goals to 1, with the Gumbies never in doubt after half time and running out eventual winners by 26pts.

AuntyBlindEye was magnificent all day gathering 29 possessions, laying 5 tackles and kicking 2 goals, Matera92 was unstoppable with 34 touches and a goal, MWPP collected 29 possies and 10 strong marks and a goal, while hilly gathered some of his old form back picking up 23 touches and 6 marks and Art Vandelay_ chipping in with 20 possessions, 6 wonderful tackles and a goal.

Qooty:

5 - AuntyBlindEye
4 - Matera92
3 - MWPP
2 - hilly
1 - Art Vandelay_

Posting:

3 - AuntyBlindEye
2 - Test Tickle
1 - MWPP
Can't believe I didn't even poll a vote!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

always rated Cadaver and enjoyed your posts and banter, I backed you publicly when you were being screwed out of the EKA and still think that was an injustice. Now it could be the 40+ shots I've had making me feel this way but love you man

i fnujcking loveee u too man but plaese sotp poking me in the bcakk kllwe

Best Forward Award.png

Well, it just has to be the MBP! Our first ever FRED Medallist, Its Manbearpig was near unstoppable up front this season, even in some lean times.
I hear he's having a quiet one tonight, but if you catch him it may be worth your while. Top stuff MBP!

Best Defender Award.png

Me.

Best Midfielder Award.png

This one goes to the heart and soul of our engine room, who's getting it done each and every week for the good of the more glamorous, outside types. We await Friday night's Mobbenfuhrer Medal, and hope he gives it a good shake. Now this is a back-to-back Best Midfielder accolade, and as one of the most prolific ball-winners and tacklers of our club's history, we reckon it's bloody time the thing was just named after him (kinda). And so, winning
The Gero Medal for Season 28, it's the apple of our eye, Art Vandelay_!

R13.png

Las Vegas Bears 14.8 (92) defeated Sin City Swamprats 11.13 (79)

Warm conditions for the big round 13 clash with our co-tenants and our recent nemesis. A very even first quarter and an entertaining battle kept the home crowd cheering as scores were still locked together half way through the first term before the Swampies kicked 2 quick ones followed by a great goal from the mighty Jezmiester40 to keep the Bears just 7pts behind at the first break. The Swamprats snuck out to a 15pt lead half way through the second term but the Bears dragged the margin back in to hit the front and lead by 2pts at half time. The game got a bit heated with the umps seeming to lose control while the Bears moved out to a 15pts lead thanks to some undisciplined Swamprats, to the Swampies credit they started to play some good footy and slammed on the next 4 goals to take the lead at the last change by 11pts. With the away team seemingly on top the Bears on-ball brigade started to fire and work together to reel the margin back and hit the front going on to win the game by 13pts.

Joshwoodenspoon played a real captains game with 23 disposals, 9 tackles and 2 goals while xenxen was having a day out with 23 possessions and 8 sensational game saving marks. AuntyBlindEye battled all day picking up 17 touches and 5 tackles, while MWPP was strong down back as she gathered 17 possies and taking 4 big marks. Matera92 on a wing used his silky skills to help himself to a goal, 14 possessions and 5 marks.

Qooty:
5 - JoshWoodenSpoon
4 - xenxen
3 - AuntyBlindEye
2 - MWPP
1 - Matera92

Posting:
3 - Auntyblindeye
2 - Test Tickle
1 - MWPP

kane.jpg

Hello kane249 welcome, are you settling in for a big night tonight?
Always set for a big night, this is Vegas after all

An average season from you, seem to be hampered with injury throughout the season?
As one of the elder statesman of the team I tend to leave it to the new blood these days for bantz

Where do you like to play your qooty when you are fully fit??
I made my name on the wing but being a veteran now I’m just happy to go where the team wants me to

Are you looking forward to what I'm hearing will be a big pre-season ?
I can do pre-seasons in my sleep these days, which is fitting because most of the time I’m still unconscious from the night before

Anyone but Art Vandelay_

Thanks for playing with me this season, I really enjoyed it, have a great night.
Thanks for a great season, let’s do it all again next season

View attachment 791866

Las Vegas Bears 14.8 (92) defeated Sin City Swamprats 11.13 (79)

Warm conditions for the big round 13 clash with our co-tenants and our recent nemesis. A very even first quarter and an entertaining battle kept the home crowd cheering as scores were still locked together half way through the first term before the Swampies kicked 2 quick ones followed by a great goal from the mighty Jezmiester40 to keep the Bears just 7pts behind at the first break. The Swamprats snuck out to a 15pt lead half way through the second term but the Bears dragged the margin back in to hit the front and lead by 2pts at half time. The game got a bit heated with the umps seeming to lose control while the Bears moved out to a 15pts lead thanks to some undisciplined Swamprats, to the Swampies credit they started to play some good footy and slammed on the next 4 goals to take the lead at the last change by 11pts. With the away team seemingly on top the Bears on-ball brigade started to fire and work together to reel the margin back and hit the front going on to win the game by 13pts.

Joshwoodenspoon played a real captains game with 23 disposals, 9 tackles and 2 goals while xenxen was having a day out with 23 possessions and 8 sensational game saving marks. AuntyBlindEye battled all day picking up 17 touches and 5 tackles, while MWPP was strong down back as she gathered 17 possies and taking 4 big marks. Matera92 on a wing used his silky skills to help himself to a goal, 14 possessions and 5 marks.

Qooty:
5 - JoshWoodenSpoon
4 - xenxen
3 - AuntyBlindEye
2 - MWPP
1 - Matera92

Posting:
3 - Auntyblindeye
2 - Test Tickle
1 - MWPP
testy with 2 more votes

liver.gif

R14.png

Las Vegas Bears 15.15 (105) defeated Coney Island Warriors 10.5 (65)

In Round 14 we played the Warriors . With both teams battling for a spot in the 8, this was effectively an 8 point game. We overcame a 3 goal quarter time deficit and sent a message to the competition by outrunning and outpowering the Warriors for the rest of the game on the way to a convincing 40 point win.

Overall it was an even team effort with few individual brilliant perfomances. Tommycash had 11 possessions and 1 goal at FP whilst his opponent was consigned to
donuts. Art Vandelay_ was influential with 7 tackles and 89 DT points and AuntyBlindEye contributed with 17 possessions /2 goals . MWPP played an important role at HFF with 18 disposals and 1 goal of her own off limited game time whilst dominating both of her opponents .
Its Manbearpig had a game high 3 goals but unfortunately also had 7 behinds to go with them.

Qooty:

5 - Tommycash
4 - Art Vandelay_
3 - AuntyBlindEye
2 - MWPP
1 - Its Manbearpig

Posting:

3 - Test Tickle
2 - AuntyBlindEye
1 - JoshWoodenSpoon

Best Club Player.png

This award goes to someone who helps keep the club ticking, who you'll always look to around the place when you need things brightened up a bit. There were a great few strong candidates this season, but on account of their immense and consistent work when it comes to posting, inducing enthusiasm and some administrative stuff no-one likes doing, it is for the second time in three seasons that I announce Test Tickle as the Best Club Player - here's to Teste!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back