The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

!

Looks to be a $600 Lamborghini coming mid year, follows on from the Porsche and Bugatti.

Very happy to see the next wave of Harry Potter sets.....and a HP advent calendar!! Yah.....daughter is delighted much by that. I'm eyeing off the Clock Tower and Hagrids hut and my daughter is wanting the Petronus set. Not sure about the KnightBus....the windows.....did they get the right look?
Anyone done the Hogwarts Great Hall and Whomping Willow and connected them? Am interested to know what it looks like with the new Clock Tower as well. Tempted to get the first two now on sale and see.

Lots else going on in the Lego world too. Disney CMF Series 2, new wave of Lego Movie 2 sets (these have been, well, awesome ;) - just haven't yet been able to get the business case approved for Apocalypseburg), Toy Story 4 ("juniors" sets), new City Space coming, Star Wars etc etc. Something for everyone indeed. What's next on everyone's wishlist?
Ill go all the potter stuff and the stang, plus whatever single pack speed champs are about.

Yeah ive got the last lot of stuff of potter
Got nothing from the early early sets tho
IMHO the best of the Potter sets was the one-off Diagonalley (2011). Glad we got that when released it didn't stay around long. Still vacillating on whether to get the Hogwarts Castle or not, $650 is a big ask.
Hi Potter /Lego fans :)
I’m a long-time HP fan but only recently have thought about getting back into lego, courtesy of a few major life changes . My only adult lego experience from the last few years is doing a 1000+ piece ship in 2018 (a gift to my dad from his previous workplace ) with him at my parents‘ place and it took us ages , but it was so fun. Space constraints are an issue so I don’t know where I’m going to be able to work on these /display them or even if it‘s a reasonable goal given my inexperience , but:
-How was the Knight Bus /Hogwarts ?
-Has anyone done the Hogwarts Express and how did you find it ?
(this is the one I have my heart set on but again , thinking about complexity /space )
-What’s your favourite currently still available HP lego that would be suitable for an adult beginner who has a bit of OCD (aka , can follow instructions) and is keen to learn
Thanks

I’m a long-time HP fan but only recently got back into lego, courtesy of a few major life changes . My only lego experience from the last few years is doing a 1000+ piece ship in 2018 (a gift to my dad from his previous workplace ) with him at my parents‘ place and it took us ages , but it was so fun. Space constraints are an issue so I don’t know where I’m going to be able to work on these /display them or even if it‘s a reasonable goal given my inexperience , but:
-Has anyone done the Hogwarts Express and how did you find jt ?
(this is the one I have my heart set on but again , thinking about complexity /space )
-What’s your favourite currently still available HP lego for an adult beginner who is keen to learn
Thanks
Welcome to the hobby :thumbsu:

Whatever you choose you can be ensured of an ongoing wallet-emptying and storage-swallowing experience :p

I don't have any of the current HP range, but do have some of the older ones. There's plenty of reviews on YouTube if you want to decide where to start, but I always just use the "buy what you like" maxim. They're all pretty positively reviewed, TBH there pretty much hasn't been a "bad" Lego set recently.

You absolutely can't go wrong with the Hogwarts Express, it will be a simpler build than some of the others though, so you may also want to take the leap to the Great Hall.

The microscale castle is the ultimate HP set, but expensive and a more complex build. If you're a Potter fan though, it'll be a must have soon enough ;)

Also do shop around. The majors often have 20-25% off sales, and big W/target/K mart can have regular prices much less than RRP. Amazon also generally price matches the sales and can have good specials too (my last purchase from there was 40% off)

Let us know how you go :)

Got 3 Lego architecture sets for my birthday.

New York, Las Vegas and San Fran.

Never had one before.

Did the Vegas one. Loved it.

Can see these being addictive as I do more.

Would love a Millenium Falcon one day.

Also I would jump at a decent sized MCG if they ever created it.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hogwarts Castle is 6000+ pieces of Potter bliss but if you're getting started MWPP - don't start with that one. It's a challenging build and by yourself would take a minimum of 20-30 hours probably.

Assembled the Roller Coaster this month, if anyone wants my opinion and/or pics let me know. Apart from the necessary pylons and struts which do become repetitive, it's a fun build with lots of nice touches.

Hogwarts Castle is 6000+ pieces of Potter bliss but if you're getting started MWPP - don't start with that one. It's a challenging build and by yourself would take a minimum of 20-30 hours probably.

Assembled the Roller Coaster this month, if anyone wants my opinion and/or pics let me know. Apart from the necessary pylons and struts which do become repetitive, it's a fun build with lots of nice touches.
The thing that impressed me about the Coaster is how sturdy it is. It looks flimsy but is easy (and safe) to pick up and move. I motorised mine but the grandchildren preferred to use the handles manually.

The Carousel, on the other hand, is quite fragile. I finished up putting it on a proper baseplate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Old Trafford kit does look amazing. Proceeds from each sale towards finding them some players that don't stink.

Would only need to sell 384,167 sets to equal the fee we paid for Paul Pogba.

#unitedtilimbroke

I’m a long-time HP fan but only recently have thought about getting back into lego, courtesy of a few major life changes . My only adult lego experience from the last few years is doing a 1000+ piece ship in 2018 (a gift to my dad from his previous workplace ) with him at my parents‘ place and it took us ages , but it was so fun. Space constraints are an issue so I don’t know where I’m going to be able to work on these /display them or even if it‘s a reasonable goal given my inexperience , but:
-Has anyone done the Hogwarts Express and how did you find it ?
-What’s your favourite currently still available HP lego that would be suitable for an adult beginner who has a bit of OCD (aka , can follow instructions) and is keen to learn
Thanks
Hi mate,
My daughter and I have had plenty of fun with our current HP adventure together. For me - I know I'll be pinching elements for my MOC (my thing is a playable Lego board/diorama of the classic Talisman board game). The Hogwarts Express this time is our first train!! (once upon a time I yearned to be a lego train person but I've seen them at Brickvention....they're obsessed!!!). The train is a really good build. The Beauxbatons carriage is a really nice set too. I might need a couple of graveyard sets (got 1) - I like the pointed black hat of the Deatheater (thinking would work in the Anarchists Guild hall in Talisman City).........soooo.....for me, there's an ulterior motive. We've got a lot of older HP lego too - most of it somewhat dismantled (I scored a few Hogwarts sets that were about 98% complete a few years back - wanted to do a mega Hogwarts but pretty soon that was done to death.....so I gave up on that and that's where my Lego Talisman obsession began). So......do you just want to build 'em? Do you want to display? Do you want to get ideas and parts for your own creations?

To celebrate 40 years of Lego trains, there's a re-release of the first Lego train as a GWP this month online and at the stores. Definitely worthwhile if you're a train fan. Unfortunately though it's a $199 minimum purchase. The alternative is to pay around $100 for one on eBay.

Anyone doing this one ?

index.php

Remove this Banner Ad

Back