To be honest though fos, none of those three are actually spuds.Only three Freo players had 30% higher ratings than average.
Darcy [113v78] was off to a flyer with a snap goal out of a ruck contest and also smashed Astro
Jesse Hogan [94v58] strong performance with 62% higher than average!! Coming off a low base hehe
But I guess as he was rated highest I will give it to C Serong [122v81]. [Edit: Looked him up and he is an Inverloch boy who only played his first game in R4 this year which destroys my nomination. Boo. Maybe Jesse then]
View attachment 966704
View attachment 966713
This week 4 Saints players rated over 30% better than their average in the Hun
Ryder - 143 v 98
Howard - 122 v 69
Membrey - 115 v 70
Geary - 107 v 63
I don't know anything about Howard [604 metres gained!] but he looks like he has the edge to me, strong effort by Geary coming off a low base and snagged two goals
All the bolded are good players so Geary is a shoo-in.Can we add Coffield to this thread? IDK if he's a spud but we made him look a million bucks yesterday.
Howard has foiled my system by averaging only 69 points a game if he is an astute pick up.All the bolded are good players so Geary is a shoo-in.
- Ryder has had a solid 250+ game career. Has been AA, won a B&F and represented Australia in the International Rules. We'd kill for a ruck like him right now even if he's 32.
- Howard was outstanding yesterday, close to BoG. An astute pickup by the Saints. Would gladly swap Gardner and perhaps even Cordy for him.
- I remember wanting us to draft Membrey in his draft year 2012. He went at pick 46 just before we picked up Hunter (FS) and Josh Prudden at picks 49-50. We chose Hrovat at pick 21 with our last pick before Membrey. Membrey has now played over 100 games and scored goals at a higher rate per game than Tory Dickson .
- Coffield was a Dogs supporter growing up and was slow to get going in his first season (2018) but he's coming along quite nicely now and should end up playing 150-200 games. No fluke that he played well yesterday.
- Jarryn Geary almost picks himself because of his given name. Admittedly he's their captain and has played 200+ games so he's no Majak but he's been a middle of the road, role-playing "club stalwart"for most of his career. He's also 32 and had never kicked a goal against us or in a final. Yesterday he kicked two!
Come on down, Jarryn!
From the horse's mouth!Jesse has been spudding it up a bit?
There aren't going to be many weeks [hopefully] that a bona fide spud destroys us, so just pointing out who lifts their game against us for the record
Hoges absolutely owns this year's thread.
Ollie Henry played a career best game against us. Unfortunately for him, Callum Brown's was the better performance.