The Majak Daw Medal for spuds who play career games v the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

There are so many players that this thread can be named after:

Luke Vogels (my personal favourite - I reckon we drafted Ed Barlow because we thought he was Vogels)

Surely it was so we could have an Ed and a Wilbur

After watching him today against the Lions, surely Sicily deserves an honourable mention for this award? Had the game of his life against us, and hasn't done much since.
It's not just the entire game that he played against us with is marking. He's not, and never has been, a great set shot for goal. He then kicks the match winner from outside 50 against us, then follows up by returning to his terrible shot at goal accuracy. Absolute fluke.

It's not just the entire game that he played against us with is marking. He's not, and never has been, a great set shot for goal. He then kicks the match winner from outside 50 against us, then follows up by returning to his terrible shot at goal accuracy. Absolute fluke.

The disturbing thing is that I knew he was a fairly putrid shot for goal, but that one he was never going to miss. He could've kicked a mongrel, spiral, helicopter punt and it would've found a way to fall in. Has he kicked a goal since? (And don't tell me the one against Adelaide because that was the clearest ******* behind I've ever seen!)

The disturbing thing is that I knew he was a fairly putrid shot for goal, but that one he was never going to miss. He could've kicked a mongrel, spiral, helicopter punt and it would've found a way to fall in. Has he kicked a goal since? (And don't tell me the one against Adelaide because that was the clearest ******* behind I've ever seen!)
That whole passage of play had a feeling of inevitability about it. You just knew the ball would come of the pack at CHB to Hawthorn's advantage, you knew Burgoyne would use it well, then Murphy went down and it was a certainty that that potato Sicily was never going to miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back