The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have thought Darren Moore would be reasonably well known. He was at WBA for a stint in the PL wasn't he?
He was caretaker manager and then was with them for a part in the Championship but was sacked despite doing ok. Similar story for Championship sides that are expected to go back into the PL (Just look at Watford and Bournemouth).

EDIT: They were 4th in March 2019 when he was sacked

He was caretaker manager and then was with them for a part in the Championship but was sacked despite doing ok. Similar story for Championship sides that are expected to go back into the PL (Just look at Watford and Bournemouth).

EDIT: They were 4th in March 2019 when he was sacked

Yeah think he had half a dozen games from memory in the PL and looked ok then took them down and had them on the way back up and got sacked. Just surprising that he's so utterly forgettable but I guess so.

Yeah think he had half a dozen games from memory in the PL and looked ok then took them down and had them on the way back up and got sacked. Just surprising that he's so utterly forgettable but I guess so.
Maybe it's because he's black :think:

I mean I remember him of course. He was reluctant to even take the Caretaker role and now he's back in the Championship.

Wow, that's hugely damaging for Doncaster.

Assuming Wednesday go down (and I believe they will) and Doncaster not go up, next season's Owls v Rovers matches will be spicy (esp if crowds are allowed back in)

I have no love for Donny (I remember that league 1 playoff final when they beat Leeds in several years ago) but I reckon Moore has done the dirty on Doncaster)

Assuming Wednesday go down (and I believe they will) and Doncaster not go up, next season's Owls v Rovers matches will be spicy (esp if crowds are allowed back in)

I have no love for Donny (I remember that league 1 playoff final when they beat Leeds in several years ago) but I reckon Moore has done the dirty on Doncaster)
That 6 point deduction is hurting now, 6 points behind safety.

Just like hull donny was this season. Poor donny have it happen a fair bit.

Bit worse than McCann though as it's mid season.

Nature of the business unfortunately, feel for Doncaster though. They were having a good season as mentioned, played us in the 4th round FA Cup.

Think Moore is a decent manager based on his record so far, be interesting to see how he goes at Wednesday.

They do a ProAm which has a quiz (normally for supporters but during Lockdown etc it's been for Charity) and every single week they ask the question "Who is the manager of Doncaster Rovers?". They asked it a few times and then it became a running joke. Anyhow, probably not that interesting but I sometimes watch the show because Bullard is funny and shows off some good tekkers.
Great show

Someone is bound to get Hassenhuttl. I almost want all club's to be okay for the next 18 months so we get him at the end of Mourinho's 2.5 year contract. But it looks like Chelsea would be leading the sack race of all the top club's and with their owners track record it could be sooner rather than later unfortunately for all.

Hassenhuttl does like full control and a project though so maybe that wouldn't see him want the Chelsea job.
1 point from 27. Might be more likely to be sacked than get a bigger job

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon JWP's downturn in form is the real reason for Southampton's decline, plus Ings scoring a bit less.

Ralph would want to get at least 3 wins before the end of the season to keep his job mind you.

Reckon JWP's downturn in form is the real reason for Southampton's decline, plus Ings scoring a bit less.

Ralph would want to get at least 3 wins before the end of the season to keep his job mind you.
Their injury list is pretty bad which also hasn't helped

Since the Saints win against Liverpool they've had the following out injured from their 9 games

Vestergaard - 4/9
KWP - 7/9
Romeu - 4/9
Walcott - 6/9 (should have seen that coming)
Diallo - 6/9
Vallery (backup full back to KWP) - 7/9
Miniamo - 5/9

Vestergaard missing from the Liverpool win and the next 4 games where they started to stumble. Romeu is a big key to their midfield which is no surprise to see JWP drop off with him missing games. Having both right backs out meaning one of the CBs plays out there which is a big downgrade from KWP.

The downturn in form I do wonder if is a common theme with Ralph's sides in the 2nd half of the season. It was the case with Poch's sides in his early years in England.

Then was given a kings ransom and couldnt get them playing. He might get another go at another club bur right now Gerrard is streets ahead of Lamps in the management game.
The kings ransom probably sabotaged him more than anything

Alpine Klopp gives me Marco Silva vibes. Smart guy, has the right ideas for the team and where he wants them to be but just can’t get it right for his players to give the right performances

Since the Saints win against Liverpool they've had the following out injured from their 9 games

Vestergaard - 4/9
KWP - 7/9
Romeu - 4/9
Walcott - 6/9 (should have seen that coming)
Diallo - 6/9
Vallery (backup full back to KWP) - 7/9
Miniamo - 5/9

Vestergaard missing from the Liverpool win and the next 4 games where they started to stumble. Romeu is a big key to their midfield which is no surprise to see JWP drop off with him missing games. Having both right backs out meaning one of the CBs plays out there which is a big downgrade from KWP.

The downturn in form I do wonder if is a common theme with Ralph's sides in the 2nd half of the season. It was the case with Poch's sides in his early years in England.
So this counts yet when Liverpool fans talk about our injury problems, it doesnt count.

tenor.gif

So this counts yet when Liverpool fans talk about our injury problems, it doesnt count.

tenor.gif
Southampton fans dont talk about it every second of every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back