The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

More chance of Meghan and Kate getting along then that happening.

I do remember the good shitfight we had over Mark Hughes in the Predictions Thread though, funny how that worked out.

Meh, the whole point of that discussion was around his time at Stoke, think everyone agreed he's been shocking at Soton.

I'm loving the new appointment.

Don't know anything about him but surely there's a more positive feel amongst Saints supporters than recycling an Allardyce or Moyes or someone like that.

The real win is no more Hughes though.

Don't know anything about him but surely there's a more positive feel amongst Saints supporters than recycling an Allardyce or Moyes or someone like that.

Couldn't believe there were serious links to Moyes. So stupid.

Once a manager gets to the age of 50 and has been recycled a couple of times amongst top clubs, he should give it up, go overseas or just go to lower leagues. I feel bad for any fan base that has to put up with that s**t like we did last year. If you get a hold of them for the 6 months to keep you up, ok that's not too bad. Just don't sign them up for 3 years after that s**t though. Fresh ideas, more talented managers are clearly needed. I like this appointment having seen the way Leipzig played last year.. all be it they have a large transfer kitty compared to previous.

Moyes is a prem level manager.

He was great at Everton and ok at West Ham, just at United he sucked but he followed the greatest manager ever so it was always going to be hard for him.

Conveniently forgetting Sunderland?

Has done nothing since Everton. West Ham had a bit of a bounce because he lucked out on switching Arnie to striker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conveniently forgetting Sunderland?

Has done nothing since Everton. West Ham had a bit of a bounce because he lucked out on switching Arnie to striker.
Sunderland needed to go down, they didn't have enough quality.

And he didn't help.

No idea how you can claim he is in any way a PL quality manager.
I liked what he did with West Ham compared to the months before when they were under Bilic. Thought they were on the right track again.

Before that though I admit, I didn't rate him as highly with Man United/Sunderland. Sunderland though was a really tough job and I think he was stupid for taking it because that was always going to end badly.

I liked what he did with West Ham compared to the months before when they were under Bilic. Thought they were on the right track again.

Before that though I admit, I didn't rate him as highly with Man United/Sunderland. Sunderland though was a really tough job and I think he was stupid for taking it because that was always going to end badly.

As I said though, he got lucky at West Ham by throwing Arnie forward while Bilic had played him on the wing. That helped kick start their season, and then it tailed off badly to the point their supporters were convinced they were going down.

As I said though, he got lucky at West Ham by throwing Arnie forward while Bilic had played him on the wing. That helped kick start their season, and then it tailed off badly to the point their supporters were convinced they were going down.
Don't agree he got lucky. Moyes deserves some credit for realising his suitability up top.

Don't agree he got lucky. Moyes deserves some credit for realising his suitability up top.

Sure but I suppose my point is West Ham stayed up more because of Arnie's form than anything Moyes did. Agree Moyes gets the credit for stimulating Arnie's form though. If that makes any sense. I don't think you can point to West Ham's season as a success for Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back