The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to West Brom's old folks being able to run out games come Feb / Mar in the Championship under Slav if he brings his Croatian Old Boys back with him.

Think I saw that Woodgate had gotten the Boro job also.

So Juve appears to be paying £5m for Sarri. Any idea why the fees for coaches are so remarkably low compared to players? This is a wild guess but I would think someone like Pochettino for example is easily worth £50m to a club, if not (considerably) more.

So Juve appears to be paying £5m for Sarri. Any idea why the fees for coaches are so remarkably low compared to players? This is a wild guess but I would think someone like Pochettino for example is easily worth £50m to a club, if not (considerably) more.
I guess all you have to do is buy out their contract, its not really a transfer.

Sarri has one year to run with us and they are buying out his contract which is £5m

We'll have to pay to release Super Frank from Derby too.
This will be one of the most fascinating storylines of next season.

One of your most beloved players (if not the most loved) in your club's history returning to manage under a regime which is notoriously demanding and trigger happy when it comes to management after a transfer window where you lose your best player and are unable to sign anyone. I think it's going to be one of those where it's either incredible or an unmitigated disaster.

If, say, you look like finishing 6th late on, or have a really bad start to the season under Lampard, would the administration be hesitant to fire him because of the stature he has at the club or would they be as ruthless as ever? If they treat Lampard as they have previous managers, I wonder if there could be a scenario where the fans completely turn on Abramovich and co. I think appointing him is just as much of a risk for them as it is for anyone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what the expectations will be at Chelsea next season? I can’t see Lampard getting a free pass, but he’ll get more of one than anyone else taking on that role next season

Last edited:
Chelsea have a vast pool of talent on loan.
Surely some of these players can come in and get a chance?
Lampard might be the guy to give them that chance .

Dunc reckons Franks been given assurances he'll get 2 seasons and a chance to bring his own players in once the ban finishes.

Plus his own men from Derby in Morris, Jones and Given. And maybe Drobga.

When do you reckon it could be announced? This week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back