The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Torn between wanting Vinny to do a great job and finding the Harry Kane trophy dodger memes extremely amusing in a childish way.

Come on Vinny.

Bayern can be 20 points clear end of January then jettison Kane back to Spurs. Vinny wins the league and you get to keep posting Harry Kane trophy dodger memes.

celebrate hell yeah GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Feel like that with Klopp leaving, Pep wants to follow suit and take a break for a while after next season.

Will easily be the biggest story of next season if there's not a resolution though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leicester fans we’re complaining how boring their football was under Maresca. Not much of a resume. Would be an odd choice …wouldn’t be happy if I was a Chelsea fan
Leicester fans are idiots.

89 goals scored, 41 conceded and 97 points.

Anyone that thinks that's boring football is a ****ing moron.

Leicester fans are idiots.

89 goals scored, 41 conceded and 97 points.

Anyone that thinks that's boring football is a ****ing moron.

I think it's to do with these stats I saw the other week:

1716765194482.png

20th in the league for direct speed and 7th for direct attacks. Quite slow in your build up essentially.

View attachment 2002020

20th in the league for direct speed and 7th for direct attacks. Quite slow in your build up essentially.
Oh I know why they whinge. It's still absurd to me.

I swear our fans would've been happier finishing 10th if it meant more direct football.

View attachment 2002020

Seeing that makes me think they want a Pep equivalent who will dominate possession on a slow buildup play really.

Seeing that makes me think they want a Pep equivalent who will dominate possession on a slow buildup play really.

The stats about direct speed of play tell you nothing about the fans' reaction to the games they watched. Southampton were 23rd in that category and were promoted. Huddersfield were most direct and were relegated.

The stats about direct speed of play tell you nothing about the fans' reaction to the games they watched. Southampton were 23rd in that category and were promoted. Huddersfield were most direct and were relegated.
That was my point though, it's about style the fans enjoy not results.

When it comes to Everton there's only 2 things I care about... winning and the lads putting in a shift. Yeah I'd like to play like City and dominate games, but if we win by lumping it long like we did against Liverpool I'll cheer that as well. Can still be an attacking team and hit the ball up long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back