The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In trying to fix it its as if he's dug it up and smeared it all over the club.
Please.. the rot was already set in from the dutch dunce who only cared about getting to Barcelona. He can go there now on holiday once he gets his new job at Co-op Eindhoven as a checkout boy.

Please.. the rot was already set in from the dutch dunce who only cared about getting to Barcelona. He can go there now on holiday once he gets his new job at Co-op Eindhoven as a checkout boy.
So you think performances have improved?

From the side that lost 4-1 to Soton. I'd probs only have 4 in the starting 11 (Pickford, Baines, Keane, Gueye) next season.

Even then Baines is getting on a bit. A big rebuild is required.
Interesting discussion if we expand it further to the whole squad.
If I was in charge I'd keep Pickford, Schneiderlin, Baines (as back up), Keane, Jagielka (as back up), Bolasie, Barkley, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Niasse, Coleman, Davies, Vlasic*, DCL, Holgate, Lookman, Kenny.

*New signing, young, worth another season imo before assessing further. As for their youth, some may not be on the list due to knowing so little about them.

Need a GK, CF, 2 CB's, RB, LB, LW, RW, CM. All that money spent and still need a bit. I think Lennon/Mirallas will stay as they need width badly.
Not sigurdsson?
Depends on who the manager is long term and whether they use him effectively. Playing wide left didn't work with us so no idea why Koeman thought he could make it work. He's used as a no.10 or not at all.
Scored a terrific goal but I'd have him behind Barkley as a CAM.
Might be moot. Barkley's contract is expiring and I think we'll have a very big crack at him in January or the Summer.
If he wants to leave still they can't really help it.
Unable to fix a rot that was so s**t you could smell it from Pluto.
This. Koeman ****ed the squad so bad that avoiding the championship is now a celebration worthy goal from here.
I think you're going to have to hope there's 3 worse sides than you this season.

A lot of revisionism going on about the squad compared to the savage attack myself and jod23 had to endure when we had the balls to say this in pre-season while everyone was jerking them off in the transfer thread.

They signed average players. Keane looked great because he was in a side that defend with 11 players. Sigurdsson is a set-piece merchant. Klaassen came from a tin pot league. Rooney... lol.

As hilarious as it would be to see them go down, I think they'll be fine and probably end up somewhere in lower mid-table. As bad as they've been, they're still only four points off ninth with 24 games to go. With a new manager, the January window and no Europe in the second half of the season, they should comfortably pull away from the relegation zone.

Mind you, I never thought I'd see Newcastle get relegated (the first time) and, especially, Leicester win the league until both happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of revisionism going on about the squad compared to the savage attack myself and jod23 had to endure when we had the balls to say this in pre-season while everyone was jerking them off in the transfer thread.

They signed average players. Keane looked great because he was in a side that defend with 11 players. Sigurdsson is a set-piece merchant. Klaassen came from a tin pot league. Rooney... lol.
Yep I thought all their purchases were rubbish and everyone was sucking each others dicks and saying they were having a smashing window. When in reality they sold their best player and replaced him with a bunch of scrubs. Hence fighting relegation.

Keane is really good. He certainly hasn't been the problem. buying like 3 AMs, no wingers and no Rom replacement was the issue.

Like pretty much all the squad, he’s down on confidence. Hard to keep your head up when there’s no respite with the midfielders constantly letting the opposition waltz through.

Gueye & Schneiderlin simply can’t play in the same team. Gana has gone from looking absolutely dominant to being bog average with Schneiderlin in the team. Let him sit in front of the back 4, Davies centre of the park with a combo of 2 of Mirallas/Lookman/Lennon/Vlasic on the wings & Sigurdsson right in the #10 spot - nowhere ******* near left wing which he’s had to play out of

Yep I thought all their purchases were rubbish and everyone was sucking each others dicks and saying they were having a smashing window. When in reality they sold their best player and replaced him with a bunch of scrubs. Hence fighting relegation.
Yes, but you're a Liverpool fan. If you didn't think that, you'd be punched in the face by other Liverpool fans.

And all purchases? So Pickford was a rubbish buy? We'd be in relegation if it wasn't for him in some of those games we drew.

Yes, but you're a Liverpool fan. If you didn't think that, you'd be punched in the face by other Liverpool fans.

And all purchases? So Pickford was a rubbish buy? We'd be in relegation if it wasn't for him in some of those games we drew.
I am one of the Pool fans that thought Lukaku was a big loss but I did say Pickford and Keane were great buys.

Siggy was a ridiculous signing with Lukaku gone. He is all about feeding big men from set pieces. Everton really need a creative midfielder in his position that can dribble past 2 or 3 defenders.

Rooney on 160k / week is just madness even if he was a free transfer. Everyone knew that he didn't want to go to China and was desperate to return home. 60-80k / week with a signing on bonus should've been enough to secure his deteriorating services.

Siggy showed for Swansea that he isn't just some set piece merchant or some guy to feed big guys. As a #10 he's a quality player. He's certainly not worth 50 million but he's still a good player and would start for any club outside the top 6.

Rooney and Klaasen were the only signings I scratched my head over (Rooney isn't what he was and there's no way Klaasen is a 30 million pound player). Keane and Pickford have justified their price tags, Vlasic and Sandro are young and from different leagues and Siggy getting played as a LW is just a waste of money and talent.

Zaha/Promes, Gibson, Sessegnon, Smolov/Sanabria (maybe even Dolberg) and Hughes would all be good signings for them in the next 2 windows (this isn't just FM fantasy but players who I think would improve their side.

Pickford is good. Keane for me is average, the rest absolute rubbish.

Wow, time really flies. It's been a month already?

To think many at Leicester were worried that Everton were going to beat us out on our target, or maybe had someone awesome ready to go. Granted, the manager pool isn't exactly deep, but yikes, they look like they really need a boost.

I think when I priased their business at the time, there was still plenty of time for transfers yet. I thought the early deals would help the team bond faster. But it just goes to show that you need to be smart about it as well. There were still many gaps that needed to be filled, and let's face it, they never did.

I don't know how to feel about Gylfi. Would've loved him here, but he only had eyes for Everton, citing they were the better project... the number of players in recent years that have said that...

But it's a shame, Gylfi is genuinely talented, and its not like Everton are exactly talent-less. Hopefully they do bounce back after a smart January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back