Not open for further replies.

Frodo

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 17, 2000
Perth, Western Australia.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I read the thread started by 'The Mase' and I believe he has been dealt with unfairly.

I agree with the sentiment that it can be handled personaly but the action sureley was the onus of the moderators. ie we could have had :-

1) Complaint
2) Response from a moderator that the reasons for the complaint have been addressed and a PM has been sent to you explaining the reasons for the deletion.
3) Thread closed.......it then ceases to be a public issue.

I also believe that most threads on these boards are of no interest to 95%+ of members so reject Darky's argument that they are insignificant.

I'm not saying Dee has done any wrong, I don't know the particulars but I know the police in Australia are accountable for their actions and it seems reasonable that moderators are seen to be so too.

Originally posted by Frodo
I read the thread started by 'The Mase' and I believe he has been dealt with unfairly.

I agree with the sentiment that it can be handled personaly but the action sureley was the onus of the moderators. ie we could have had :-

1) Complaint
2) Response from a moderator that the reasons for the complaint have been addressed and a PM has been sent to you explaining the reasons for the deletion.

I also believe that most threads on these boards are of no interest to 95%+ of members so reject Darky's argument that they are insignificant.

I'm not saying Dee has done any wrong, I don't know the particulars but I know the police in Australia are accountable for their actions and it seems reasonable that moderators are seen to be so too.

Maybe someone complained about that thread and thats why Dee (assuming it was Dee) deleted it!

Did you even se that original thread Frodo? or are you just guessing what was in it?

Re: Re: The Mase - Seems unreasonable

Originally posted by Macca19

Maybe someone complained about that thread and thats why Dee (assuming it was Dee) deleted it!

Did you even se that original thread Frodo? or are you just guessing what was in it?

If what I was told was right. Then she would have deleted it because she was mentioned, and was involved.

Originally posted by Frodo

1) Complaint

And you assume none of the above was done?

Re: Re: Re: The Mase - Seems unreasonable

Originally posted by TheMase

If what I was told was right. Then she would have deleted it because she was mentioned, and was involved.
I dont know what happened with all this stuff but I think that Masey should have the chance to explain any percieved wrongs etc......It doesnt worry me but alot of people have seen the number of threads about the issue and Masey should have the chance to clear it up with people who saw the threads.Agree with Darky that most people couldnt give a crap but he should still have the chance to argue his innocence with thiose who do care.

Re: Re: Re: The Mase - Seems unreasonable

His assumtion is pretty spot on.

Wonder who I was sending PM's to, and receiving replies from last night then?
The solution to this has been suggested to you many times. It seems you'd rather not take it though.

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Mase - Seems unreasonable

Originally posted by dogboy23
I dont know what happened with all this stuff but I think that Masey should have the chance to explain any percieved wrongs etc......It doesnt worry me but alot of people have seen the number of threads about the issue and Masey should have the chance to clear it up with people who saw the threads.Agree with Darky that most people couldnt give a crap but he should still have the chance to argue his innocence with thiose who do care.

If it's so vital that it be cleared up, why do it here?

There's Yahoo, MSN, ICQ which all have private chat rooms and personal messaging. Surely if it's that important to clear it up, it's worth downloading those, although I'd suggest most people already have them.

Also, how about emailing everybody - that way everybody is told the same thing... some of the other people involved might not care to have the stories publicly explained.

Your privacy might not be infringed upon, but when you mention other people's names on the boards, their privacy should be considered too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Mase - Seems unreasonable

???i]Originally posted by Darky [/i]

If it's so vital that it be cleared up, why do it here?

There's Yahoo, MSN, ICQ which all have private chat rooms and personal messaging. Surely if it's that important to clear it up, it's worth downloading those, although I'd suggest most people already have them.

Also, how about emailing everybody - that way everybody is told the same thing... some of the other people involved might not care to have the stories publicly explained.

Your privacy might not be infringed upon, but when you mention other people's names on the boards, their privacy should be considered too.
[/QUOTE]Yeah as I said it doesn't concern me I have never even spoken to any of the parties involved I just think that in some way or another Masey deserves to clear his name especially after it was originally aired in front of the whole bf community on the general board(part of his own doing admittedly).IMO this all stems from the chat room and all the backslappers all trying to beat each other for more attention......just a thought.

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Mase - Seems unreasonable

Originally posted by Fred

Wonder who I was sending PM's to, and receiving replies from last night then?
The solution to this has been suggested to you many times. It seems you'd rather not take it though.

I am talking about the original deletion.

And last night the first message I got from you, was stop it or I will boot you from Bigfooty.

The suggestion is great, but I do not have access to all the peoples emails involved.

Okay people, if you want a copy of the original post you can PM me.
Am I allowed to post that on the general board aswell? I would think not.

Crikey you can't win around here.

abuse for not removing posts.
abuse for removing posts.
getting told off for not pm/emailing ppl
getting told 'rack off' when you do pm/email ppl.

There is a simple answer to all this.

Mase, the answer is NO, you can't post about it.

Others posted about it before you did, and they were removed. It wouldn't be 'consistant' to grant you permission to post about it then would it?

If you want things to go from bad to worse, go right ahead. Don't blame me if it backfires on you though. Have a think about it first.

Originally posted by Danni
Crikey you can't win around here.

abuse for not removing posts.
abuse for removing posts.
getting told off for not pm/emailing ppl
getting told 'rack off' when you do pm/email ppl.

There is a simple answer to all this.

Mase, the answer is NO, you can't post about it.

Others posted about it before you did, and they were removed. It wouldn't be 'consistant' to grant you permission to post about it then would it?

All good and well for you to say.

I am getting cop out after cop out. I haven't seen all of those posts deleted?
I have seen so much **** about me on here, and I go to explain it, because a lot of general bigfooty users are against me, and you delete my post.

Bloody heros you are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want things to go from bad to worse, go right ahead. Don't blame me if it backfires on you though. Have a think about it first.

You talk like Bigfooty is my life. I am not like many of you, I do not NEED Bigfooty to live my life.

yeah yeah mase, we are heros

Just as much as you are.

Only difference is we aren't throwing a kiddy tantrum about it.

You are not the first to be feeling this way about posts on the boards and you are more than likely not going to be the last.

Think about this tho: The bigger deal you keep making about this, the longer YOU are dragging it on. Instead of letting it die down and go away, you are the one prolonging it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Mase - Seems unreasonable

And last night the first message I got from you, was stop it or I will boot you from Bigfooty.

Re-read the PM. Not what I said at all. No mention of me booting you.

Originally posted by Danni
yeah yeah mase, we are heros

Just as much as you are.

Only difference is we aren't throwing a kiddy tantrum about it.

You are not the first to be feeling this way about posts on the boards and you are more than likely not going to be the last.

Think about this tho: The bigger deal you keep making about this, the longer YOU are dragging it on. Instead of letting it die down and go away, you are the one prolonging it.

I am not having a cop out at you Danni, so if it seemed that way, Im sorry.

I just cant do anything without riticule on here. Without that post, it will continue.

You arent throwing kiddy tantrums?
How about, if you dont stop I will kick you off bigfooty.
Thats a bit of a tantrum in such a minor issue in your opinions.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Mase - Seems unreasonable

Re-read the PM. Not what I said at all. No mention of me booting you.
"If you try it again you WILL be outa here. For the last time, it's not a board or b/f issue. As I understand it, all this stuff happened elsewhere. Sort it out elsewhere."

I will be outa here?
What does that mean to you.
Sounds like a threat to me.

Danni,

Why weren't the original threads deleted then???

"Meet me in the chatroom" and "I'm leaving" both started by TheMase

I read those threads and they are both littered with personal attacks, attacks which I reported to the moderators very early on in the threads warning you that they would not achieve anything but cause more harm.

Maybe this board should have someone who is the go through person with a dispute when it is not able to be resolved between the moderators and the person(s) involved?? I would certainly volunteer to take this on, as I am used to dealing with complaints in the nature of my work.

SeinDude

Originally posted by SeinDude
Danni,

I read those threads and they are both littered with personal attacks, attacks which I reported to the moderators very early on in the threads warning you that they would not achieve anything but cause more harm.

Maybe this board should have someone who is the go through person with a dispute when it is not able to be resolved between the moderators and the person(s) involved?? I would certainly volunteer to take this on, as I am used to dealing with complaints in the nature of my work.

SeinDude

This sounds like a good idea to stop all this happening. I would support this suggestion.

BigKev

SeinDude I can't say why they were or weren't removed as I did not recieve the reports on them and it isn't very often I visit the General Board these days.

I am only commenting on the ones I personally know of.

There were a number of threads prior to those you just mentioned that were removed.

Originally posted by SeinDude
Danni,

SeinDude

This whole fuss has blown up because threads were deleted. Now you are saying Mase's original threads should have been removed too? I think the same reaction would have occured but a few days earlier.
This has arisen because he tried to sort out private issues in a public place. How many would have known anything about it if he didn't put the first post up?
There is no need to have a go-between. It's simply a footy board comprised of people that choose to be here. Private things should remain just that.

And just to clarify Danni's reference to other threads being removed, there were two in late feb.
The 1st was by Mase - "you won't be seeing as much of me" had nothing to do with this current business.
There were 2 others a bit earlier making a reference to b/f being a pick-up site - in chat.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Mase - Seems unreasonable

"If you try it again you WILL be outa here. For the last time, it's not a board or b/f issue. As I understand it, all this stuff happened elsewhere. Sort it out elsewhere."

I will be outa here?
What does that mean to you.
Sounds like a threat to me.

Its interesting you havent addressed this yet Fred, when you claim no threat of booting was issued.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Mase - Seems unreasonable

Its interesting you havent addressed this yet Fred, when you claim no threat of booting was issued.

*sigh*
At no time did I say I will boot you. I said you will be outa here.
That will be something that Bluey does.

This whole show has become rather boring and the curtain is being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back