Thunderer

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Was hit hard with this last night. I could hardly scroll down and it would appear again. It happened on both Android and Apple - Chrome/Opera/Firefox and Google.

Finally, I turned on the Platinum Membership - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades ;) on Opera. Since then, it hasn't happened a single time.

Last edited:

Gtowncrow

Cheated out of Finals
Jul 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Someone recommended to me that Brave web browser might be a solution.
I've downloaded it and so far, all clear.
I'll keep this thread updated.
Update...
I've been all clear all last night and this morning after installing Brave web browser.

Disclaimer: this browser blocks some ads etc so will impact a potential big footy revenue stream.

Consider buying a paid membership to be fair to the site owners. Just saying...

ubiquitous226

All Australian
Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Activating desktop version on Chrome also appears to work, haven't had it once.
Every now and then I switch it off, but it keeps occurring with the normal mobile version.
Obviously it's a bit of a pain for reading but I was awaiting to see if Google would get their act together prior to needing another browser.

Do you happen to use a gmail app?

And what are your settings in safari? There’s a new one about hiding your IP from trackers…

I was wondering before whether the ad targeting system might be looking for google users generally rather than chrome users specifically… but it would only know you’re a google user on a Safari or Firefox browser if the relevant cookie or tracker had identified that you also use google apps or have a google account logged in. Whereas all chrome users are google users by default.

I was thinking it was unlikely since I have a whole suite of google apps on here, but perhaps that IP hiding thing in safari is sparing me from them knowing I have google accounts 🤔. Or maybe the incognito browser did its job. 🤔🤔
Interesting! I don’t use gmail or anything else related to google, but it’s not impossible that I might have done so previously and there’s still some remnant of it that’s making me appear as a google user? :think:

I already have that setting activated about hiding IP from trackers but I might activate that one that another user found further up the page about “privacy preserving ad measurement” as well, see if that helps.

Happening flat out to me.

Android. Internet Explorer app, not Chrome.

Have cleared cache. Installed ad block. Have not recently downloaded any apps or files.

Only happening on bigfooty
This is strange because I had removed all Google ads from BF, all header tags etc. You shouldn't have had any issues.

Rooosterboy

Team Captain
Nov 21, 2003
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans and Pies
Still getting it, just popped up on Collingwood forum, 12:18PM 13/7
Phone: Google Pixel 4
Browser: Chrome,
No cleared cache
Signed in

Still happening here too, although not on every single page so it must be linked to the ads somehow. Samsung A52 on Chrome.
Your best option right now is to use a different browser. Should be quick and easy to download one like Firefox.

Still getting it, just popped up on Collingwood forum, 12:18PM 13/7
Phone: Google Pixel 4
Browser: Chrome,
No cleared cache
Signed in
Best option is to download an alternative browser. This is appearing on other sites, too.

Back