Movie The Matrix Resurrections

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching that trailer told me a couple of things..
- I haven't watched those movies in ages
- I cannot for the life of me remember what happened in the last one

TLDR for the 3rd: Hugo got screen time and Keanu chased tail.

Watched all 3 over the last 2 weeks - enjoyed 1 for the memories and 2/3 were what they were.

Watching the trailer I came to the conclusion this is a reset universe ie why Neo and Trinity look at each other oddly - havent we all done that in some random setting - that feeling you know the person walking by

How they mange to explain and fill 2 hours will be interesting to see

It's interesting there's been no flashback glimpses of Morphieus. Laurence Fishburne is definitely reprising his role if not this film, the next.

According to what? Everything I've read is that Lana has moved on from Laurence because he looks too old

I don’t get the hype at all it looks like a cheap remake of the first film , considering the two sequels were garbage I’m not sure where the excitement for this film is coming from.

I suppose some people like the franchise?

I don’t get the hype at all it looks like a cheap remake of the first film , considering the two sequels were garbage I’m not sure where the excitement for this film is coming from.
This.
Plus it's not like the Wachowski's have really set then world on fire recently. Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending were both unwatchable for me, I can't seem them getting greenlit for budget this big for anything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked the second film. The 3rd was a bit of a let down but it closed out the story. I would be interested to see where they go with the new movie.

The expectations werent low enough. Geez that was bad. At least the prior sequels werent taking the piss. The dialougue was horrific. Basically internet slang that no one uses in real life. Yahya was awful as Morpheus. There is no actual point to the story or anything that happens. NPH is just playing Barney Stintson here he has little range it seems. But he was decent in 8 bit so maybe it was the direction. Speaking off the review i saw said there were reports Wachowski didnt want to do or finish the film and it shows. I feel sorry for Carrie Anne Moss she dserved better. Whoever did the trailers did a great job polishing this turd.

i saw said there were reports Wachowski didnt want to do or finish the film and it shows

there was a line in there that kind of made reference I feel
about WarnerBros demanding a sequel and they would do it without them if necessary
...kinda on the nose…

at times Keanu was Ted Theodore Logan and NPH was definitely Barney Stinson at times too…😑

it passed 2 and a bit hours I guess. The
flashbacks we kinda cool

I enjoyed it. Surprised that it's getting judged harshly. It's execution is way off at times, but all 3 movies are guilty of that.

It's interesting seeing the reactions to this vs No Way Home which is guilty of a lot of the same things. (Absolutely love NWH btw)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back