Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL. You actually had me going for a second! I have been doing some work on "alters" recently. No, not "altars", but alters as defined in modern urban talk. So I for a second thought you were accusing Janus of this!!!!

An alter is a pseudonym of an internet forum user's primary account.

An alter, as used as a secondary account, will often pen questionable messages that otherwise disrupt the community or break the forum rules.

The ancestry of the term "alter" is derived from "alternate", of which, is often shortened to just "alt".

Did the world really need an word for “sock puppet account”??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just think it’s a bit wank. If it was a Crows player acting like this we’d be savage in paying him out I reckon. Just my opinion.
So the fella isn’t permitted to prepare for his career after footy because you think it’s A bit wanky?

If I had a body an face like tthat I’d be parading them too.

I just think it’s a bit wank. If it was a Crows player acting like this we’d be savage in paying him out I reckon. Just my opinion.

Trewth...mate, steady on. He's not getting pissed, snorting drugs or wasting his time getting tattoos, he's trying to get the best out of himself! What's wrong with that? You're on the wrong tram there mate.t

Nothing wrong with a bit of side hustle. At least he's also doing things to improve his on field performance

haha I thought it was Mick Fanning talking and throwing balls at him. The voice is so distinctive. Then 2 minutes later I click on @mfanno and yep its Mick.

I have noticed this before ... Norts not looking at person being interviewed ... looking miles away and not very interested.
Norts works for the club. He doesn't have to interview the player and analysis it, just get it down on tape. He is worrying about the next thing to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I might add this here ... Kane at the 9:20 mark casually drops the F-bomb on radio. Seemed to go straight through to the keeper, with no one else picking it up!
"George Fiacchi ... his speech was unbelievable. And, you know how when you are sitting in a crowd going 'Ah how am I f***ing going to follow this guy ...'"

Kane Cornes - SEN SA Breakfast 7/3/19

Def a "media nods head" moment for me!

Thought I might add this here ... Kane at the 9:20 mark casually drops the F-bomb on radio. Seemed to go straight through to the keeper, with no one else picking it up!
"George Fiacchi ... his speech was unbelievable. And, you know how when you are sitting in a crowd going 'Ah how am I f*cking going to follow this guy ...'"

Kane Cornes - SEN SA Breakfast 7/3/19

A "media nods head" moment for me!
haha yeah they probs should have put Fiacchi on last.

First it was Graham Cornes then it was Andrew Bolt and now it is David Penberthy. If you bother to read someone's columns often enough you will eventually find something they get right. You never know maybe one day those chauvinists Tori Shepherd and Lanie Anderson will write something I can agree with.

On page 13 of today's Monopoly Times David Penberthy gets it right re the AFL. These guys are now in the same league as the big banks and other corporates. The money that AFL executives earn is staggering and it would be nice to know how much Gillion takes home in his pay packet.

Last year some AFL executives were paid more in bonuses than the best players in the AFL earned under their contract. Maybe it is time for a salary cap on the AFL management list?

First it was Graham Cornes then it was Andrew Bolt and now it is David Penberthy. If you bother to read someone's columns often enough you will eventually find something they get right. You never know maybe one day those chauvinists Tori Shepherd and Lanie Anderson will write something I can agree with.

On page 13 of today's Monopoly Times David Penberthy gets it right re the AFL. These guys are now in the same league as the big banks and other corporates. The money that AFL executives earn is staggering and it would be nice to know how much Gillion takes home in his pay packet.

Last year some AFL executives were paid more in bonuses than the best players in the AFL earned under their contract. Maybe it is time for a salary cap on the AFL management list?
Would like to see as a % what the CEO’s of the Sporting codes makes against the revenue of the Corporations turn over, and the comparison to the Big 4 CEO’s.

In an entertainment industry, those providing the weekly highlights are paid well but underpaid in comparison to those keeping the books and steering the ship.

Poor old Graham Cornes, learning to love Port Adelaide

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...m/news-story/df4fda747651c7c075221d30e2397048

Had you told me in 1990, that in 2019 one of my sons would be inducted into a Port Adelaide Football Club Hall of Fame and embraced by a Port mob, the response would have been one of derision.

Yet there I was on Wednesday night, at a table full of Cornes’s, the only one who didn’t barrack for Port, disarmed by their warmth and hospitality.
Port Adelaide made my sons the men they have become despite, at times, the very real Port/Glenelg antagonism that had existed and occasionally still flares.

He even had advice for Craig Burton

I ran into Craig Burton on Wednesday night. His football life had been spent in opposition and open conflict to both iterations of Port Adelaide.
“How do you handle this?” he said half seriously as he swept his hand around a magnificent room adorned in glittering black, white and teal. “Just surrender to it”, I replied. “Football clubs can make hypocrites of us all.”

from another site (and apparently in the Sunday mail)

As the Crows fly, parklands HQ is a stretch too far
SOME days, try as you might, you can’t even get a traffic fine. In an act of civil disobedience like Gandhi in a Volvo, I’ve been driving along the bus-only lane at the end of Barton Tce West, North Adelaide. This has closed North Adelaide to the western suburbs for 31 years.
I want my day in court to say that, because we can’t drive 100m as the crow flies into North Adelaide, we are re-routed through four suburbs, three traffic lights and 1.3km to preserve an enclave of undisturbed privilege for those in the mansions of North Adelaide.
The one good thing about the Adelaide Crows bulldozing Adelaide Aquatic Centre and building their training facilities, administration and entertainment centre on those parklands is that Barton Tce West will have to reopen to bring in Crows supporters – day and night. This will appal the highly cosseted rich North Adelaideans. How wonderful.
The poor old Crows are like the lost tribe of Israel – the Wandering Jews seeking a home. They don’t seem to belong anywhere. This is what happens when a synthetic team is created from all the SANFL clubs not good enough to get into the AFL.
The glorious Power (the PAFC) is the pride of Port Adelaide and has always belonged to the sacred turf of Alberton Oval, among the battlers, and is not only the most successful major club in the history of the glorious game but is taking the game to the world.
The Crows don’t seem to belong anywhere and now want to develop the parklands while also despairing of the SMA developing the parklands with a hotel.
The Crows built their ugly $21 million Taj Mahal in 2009 at Football Park with a huge balcony facing Max Basheer Reserve on which they could present their victorious players to their ageing, generally devastated supporters. This is now a housing estate. They even built a museum (with no history except for a bobble-headed doll of Tony Modra and a milk carton trophy) but that has been long-closed through lack of interest.
The Crows were trumped by the move to Adelaide Oval. The glorious Power embraced it as the “Portress” and won the first two games there including against the Crows.
The poor old Crows have been sniffing around the parklands for a home among the gum trees. They have such a sense of entitlement. First there were secret talks to take over Adelaide University football oval, then the Adelaide City Council nursery on War Memorial Drive and now they want the Adelaide Aquatic Centre site.
I haven’t been there for 47 years, since I won the silver medal in the 100m “lobster” sculling competition for the Royal Lifesaving Society. Adelaide Aquatic Centre was enclosed in 1985 and only recently renovated. It’s a beautiful, clean centre with boundless aquatic activities for all ages and stages, a cafe with wood-fired pizza, a shop selling chlorine-resistant togs, lots of lifeguards and someone called Olaf who entertains at children’s parties. It’s used by 700,000 people each year and they learn to swim and swim better and we need that badly. A beautiful centre.
The Crows may destroy that and the surrounding parklands, supported by the council who may allow them to build their nightclub there to replace their much lamented Crows Shed. Why can’t the Crows leave the aquatic centre to the people?
The council cannot oppose the Adelaide Oval hotel and support parklands development by the Crows. I’d recommend Tailem Bend for the Crows’ base. It’s very fashionable , handy and especially well-served by service stations and a beautiful new hotel the Crows didn’t oppose.

Peter Goers can be heard weeknights on ABC Radio Adelaide

SOME days, try as you might, you can’t even get a traffic fine. In an act of civil disobedience like Gandhi in a Volvo, I’ve been driving along the bus-only lane at the end of Barton Tce West, North Adelaide. This has closed North Adelaide to the western suburbs for 31 years.
I want my day in court to say that, because we can’t drive 100m as the crow flies into North Adelaide, we are re-routed through four suburbs, three traffic lights and 1.3km to preserve an enclave of undisturbed privilege for those in the mansions of North Adelaide.
The one good thing about the Adelaide Crows bulldozing Adelaide Aquatic Centre and building their training facilities, administration and entertainment centre on those parklands is that Barton Tce West will have to reopen to bring in Crows supporters – day and night. This will appal the highly cosseted rich North Adelaideans. How wonderful.
The poor old Crows are like the lost tribe of Israel – the Wandering Jews seeking a home. They don’t seem to belong anywhere. This is what happens when a synthetic team is created from all the SANFL clubs not good enough to get into the AFL.
The glorious Power (the PAFC) is the pride of Port Adelaide and has always belonged to the sacred turf of Alberton Oval, among the battlers, and is not only the most successful major club in the history of the glorious game but is taking the game to the world.
The Crows don’t seem to belong anywhere and now want to develop the parklands while also despairing of the SMA developing the parklands with a hotel.
The Crows built their ugly $21 million Taj Mahal in 2009 at Football Park with a huge balcony facing Max Basheer Reserve on which they could present their victorious players to their ageing, generally devastated supporters. This is now a housing estate. They even built a museum (with no history except for a bobble-headed doll of Tony Modra and a milk carton trophy) but that has been long-closed through lack of interest.
The Crows were trumped by the move to Adelaide Oval. The glorious Power embraced it as the “Portress” and won the first two games there including against the Crows.
The poor old Crows have been sniffing around the parklands for a home among the gum trees. They have such a sense of entitlement. First there were secret talks to take over Adelaide University football oval, then the Adelaide City Council nursery on War Memorial Drive and now they want the Adelaide Aquatic Centre site.
I haven’t been there for 47 years, since I won the silver medal in the 100m “lobster” sculling competition for the Royal Lifesaving Society. Adelaide Aquatic Centre was enclosed in 1985 and only recently renovated. It’s a beautiful, clean centre with boundless aquatic activities for all ages and stages, a cafe with wood-fired pizza, a shop selling chlorine-resistant togs, lots of lifeguards and someone called Olaf who entertains at children’s parties. It’s used by 700,000 people each year and they learn to swim and swim better and we need that badly. A beautiful centre.
The Crows may destroy that and the surrounding parklands, supported by the council who may allow them to build their nightclub there to replace their much lamented Crows Shed. Why can’t the Crows leave the aquatic centre to the people?
The council cannot oppose the Adelaide Oval hotel and support parklands development by the Crows. I’d recommend Tailem Bend for the Crows’ base. It’s very fashionable , handy and especially well-served by service stations and a beautiful new hotel the Crows didn’t oppose.

"They have such a sense of entitlement."

Haha without even reading to the end it was so classic Goers. Bless his cotton socks. He really is a State treasure always fighting the good fight for the black, white..and teal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back