Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have said one of the softest free kicks I’ve seen. It was right up there - who ever was on Lobb didn’t really even touch him and Lobb did something with his head to accentuate the nothingness.

Also I consider soft free kicks right in front of goal as the worst.

You don’t have to agree but it was a shocker. I love Fremantle but don’t yell at my TV screen anymore because the umpiring is so bad at times. I also think there is a bit of Karma is getting a free like that. But it was so bad I walked away from the game and did some gardening for a while.
Free kicks like that come out in the wash, all things being equal. But as all things are not equal, trends in free kicks (or not) are more the issue.

The throws are completely out of control. Handpassing is no longer required so long as you keep the ball moving as fast as possible.

Its not even that they are missed, I'm 100% sure they are told to not penalise throws, its a deliberate effort to keep the game open

The old “handballing over the head” is rife, not being picked up. If the ball is “handled” over your head, it is a throw, ...... full stop.

Both those two games will go down as what ifs but s*#t happens and so be it.

Both those games the umpires weren’t great.

Can you point to two games where the officiating WAS great? Don’t think I can unfortunately. I’m fine with mistakes and bad calls at times but it happens a bit too much for my liking.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The softest free-kick you've ever seen? Are you sure? No place for the down-the-field against Brayshaw? Also if using that rating could we say that Casboult push was the most outrageous missed free we've ever seen?

Softest and worst free kick I have ever seen is undoubtedly when the cheating (caught on microphone congratulating themselves for executing a pre-game instruction) maggots invented a free kick against Ballantyne in the 2015 prelim to gift Hawthorn a goal.

Softest and worst free kick I have ever seen is undoubtedly when the cheating (caught on microphone congratulating themselves for executing a pre-game instruction) maggots invented a free kick against Ballantyne in the 2015 prelim to gift Hawthorn a goal.

That's on top of the other free kick goal which I still haven't seen footage of to this day. Imagine gifting the reigning premiers their first 2 goals of a prelim final. The momentum completely swung after that. Anyway thanks for ruining my day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not against Serong. It's highlighting that the selectors ignore players they don't happen to glimpse when they watch Friday and Saturday night footy.
It was a ****ing weird way to present it if that was his intention. Not sure he meant for that to be the take home - luckily Dunstall and King handled it the way it needed to be. Is Ralph your Flog of the Year? Think it's his to lose atm.

What an utter w***er Jon Ralph is. Jeez this kind of talk makes me furious. fu** off you Victorian flog. 😡😡

I think what Ralph is saying is actually in support of what maybe many on this board including myself has thought.

The people who select these things most probably don't even watch all the games. Neale not being AA while with us would confirm this.

Quaynor getting the rsiing star nomination is another great example of that. Adelaide vs Carlton was maybe seen as a bit of a nothing game so maybe Scholl wasn't picked because no one watched the game. I did and Scholl didn't just get stats, he was a key reason why the Crows started so good.

The AFL's awards are mostly popularity contests or loaded decisions to fit their agenda's.

What an utter w***er Jon Ralph is. Jeez this kind of talk makes me furious. fu** off you Victorian flog. 😡😡

Wouldn't read anything bad into that exchange. As a few other people have pointed out Freo fans have constantly asked as well whether Rising Star and All-Australian selectors bother watching Freo games.

"we were hoping the king brothers would make a charge, we were hoping rankine would make a charge but it just hasn't happened so it's his to lose"
nice.

There's a pretty benign explanation if you're a journo. You're meant to be neutral rather than just shilling for Serong or any particular player, and having one player that looks way ahead of the pack because the others haven't met the lofty expectations put on them is way less interesting.

I think what Ralph is saying is actually in support of what maybe many on this board including myself has thought.

The people who select these things most probably don't even watch all the games. Neale not being AA while with us would confirm this.

Quaynor getting the rsiing star nomination is another great example of that. Adelaide vs Carlton was maybe seen as a bit of a nothing game so maybe Scholl wasn't picked because no one watched the game. I did and Scholl didn't just get stats, he was a key reason why the Crows started so good.

The AFL's awards are mostly popularity contests or loaded decisions to fit their agenda's.
The irony being that Ralph seems to actively avoid anything about Freo unless it is something negative or controversial. Even if it was his intent to highlight the bias, hypocrite much?

The irony being that Ralph seems to actively avoid anything about Freo unless it is something negative or controversial. Even if it was his intent to highlight the bias, hypocrite much?

Absolutely. It's weird for Ralph to bring it up about a Freo player of all things so you're right, it's very hypocritical.

Weird to moan about being ignored when it comes to awards like this. When Serong wins Fremantle will become only the third club to have more than two winners. The other two are Brisbane (4) and Sydney (3). No Victorian club has more than two and three of the big five have only had one winner.

It's not against Serong. It's highlighting that the selectors ignore players they don't happen to glimpse when they watch Friday and Saturday night footy.

Dunstall consistently impresses me with his knowledge of players.

There are a bunch of commentators like BT and Healy etc who don't know the Fremantle players. At least Dunstall appears to watch every game.

Dunstall consistently impresses me with his knowledge of players.

There are a bunch of commentators like BT and Healy etc who don't know the Fremantle players. At least Dunstall appears to watch every game.
I like Dunstall, one of the few commentators who I don’t mind hearing every week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back