Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we upset the local media again? There is almost zero coverage of anything Freo atm apart from a smattering of AFLW Freo stuff. Tim Kelly's new tattoo gets more coverage than the whole Freo mens side.
I was thinking that the men's side have a week off? Someone (Mundy, maybe) mentioned in their presser a couple of weeks about a week off coming up. Anyone been done to the ground and seen training this week?

Thanks for this one 'staff writers' Nat Fyfe has black eye on photoshoot day, YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHO ELSE HAD FACIAL INJURIES WHEN GETTING A PHOTO TAKEN.

Thanks for this one 'staff writers' Nat Fyfe has black eye on photoshoot day, YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHO ELSE HAD FACIAL INJURIES WHEN GETTING A PHOTO TAKEN.

Oh god, they can’t help themselves can they! Only difference was Cousins got his from a drug deal gone bad

I was thinking that the men's side have a week off? Someone (Mundy, maybe) mentioned in their presser a couple of weeks about a week off coming up. Anyone been done to the ground and seen training this week?
OK I'll bite, what the hell are they doing taking a week off a month before round 1?

Yeah noticed this - Full on training reports on the Weevils and we are hearing zip - mind you the club has a part to play in this as well, how about some video of the practice games, not as though they are not already filming them!

To be fair, no Freo fans seem to be doing training reports this year either.

Fremantle Dockers skipper Nat Fyfe is an unstoppable forward, says West Coast Eagles great Andrew Embley
Headshot of Mitchell Woodcock

Mitchell WoodcockThe West Australian
Wed, 17 February 2021 2:28PMComments
Mitchell Woodcock

[PLAYERCARD]Andrew Embley[/PLAYERCARD] believes there is no defender who can stop Fremantle skipper Nat Fyfe as a forward when he is in full flight.

Andrew Embley believes there is no defender who can stop Fremantle skipper Nat Fyfe as a forward when he is in full flight. Credit: Paul Kane/via AFL Photos

West Coast premiership star Andrew Embley believes there is no defender in the competition which can stop Fremantle skipper Nat Fyfe in full flight as a forward.
Fyfe spent more time in attack last season as a number of young midfielders began to emerge and it looks as if this trend will continue, with the dual Brownlow medallist kicking five goals and taking an early contender for mark of the year in intra-club match for the Dockers last week.
Embley said Fyfe had to play up forward for the Dockers in 2021 to give them a more potent attack because there wasn’t a defender who could stop him.
[PLAYERCARD]Andrew Embley[/PLAYERCARD] named West Coast defender Brad Sheppard as the closest defender in the AFL to stopping Nat Fyfe.

Andrew Embley named West Coast defender Brad Sheppard as the closest defender in the AFL to stopping Nat Fyfe. Credit: Daniel Carson/AFL Photos
“The game’s changed, you’ve got to be able to score. I think this is going to be crucial for Fremantle, Nat Fyfe has to play inside forward 50 this year,” he said.
“You throw Matt Taberner in there as well. I know Taberner is a bit injured at the moment, but he’ll be OK and he had a big year last year. Suddenly that’s a really potent forward line.
“(West Coast defender) Brad Sheppard is probably closest, but I don’t think there’s a match-up for Nat Fyfe.
“The game is all about territory and Fremantle are starting to get trust in players like (Caleb) Serong, who first year last year was outstanding, (Andrew) Brayshaw’s stepping up. (Adam) Cerra in my opinion really showed us why Fremantle took him with pick five.
“If suddenly these young kids can start to win some footy, get the game played in their forward half and you’ve got Nat Fyfe waiting in the goalsquare, look out.
“Fremantle have always been a very good defensive side, they can slow the opposition down and close them down.”
The 2006 Norm Smith medallist said with the return of key defenders Joel Hamling and Alex Pearce from injury, the Dockers had one of the best backlines in the AFL.
Luke Ryan stood up in their absence in 2020 to win the Doig Medal as the club’s best and fairest as well as an All-Australian berth, while Griffin Logue, Hayden Young and Brennan Cox all had breakout seasons down back.
“Pearce and Hamling, they’ve shown before they were injured how good those two are,” Embley said.
“Their midfield have got kids who are starting to find the footy, they’re forward line we just spoke about and their backline, I agree up and about could be one of the best backlines on paper this year.”

Fremantle Dockers football boss Peter Bell reveals what the club’s pass mark is for the 2021 AFL season

Wed, 17 February 2021 10:52AMComments

Fremantle football boss Peter Bell has refused to put too much expectation on his young Dockers by saying finals is a pass mark for the team in 2021.
The Dockers have not played post-season football since 2015, but are paying $4 with Ladbrokes to make the top eight this season as they look to continue their improvement under second-year coach Justin Longmuir.
When asked what a pass mark for the upcoming season would be, Bell’s reply was “consistency”.
“That’s making sure that we’re consistent in every game that we play,” Bell told TAB radio.
“We want to be in winning positions in all the games that we participate in.”
Last week, former Fremantle assistant coach Peter Sumich said the Dockers were “a side bordering on eighth position”.
“I think he (Longmuir) now understands what he’s got to do a bit more and he’ll get the troops right and ready for this year,” Sumich told SEN.
“Overall I think Justin’s doing a great job and hopefully they can get a result with an improving year in the sense of winning games. If they do that, they might scrape into the eight.”
Bell said the Dockers’ primary focus this pre-season had been on attack, with just North Melbourne and Adelaide scoring less in 2020 that Fremantle.
Fremantle defender [PLAYERCARD]Joel Hamling[/PLAYERCARD] is on track to return after missing the entire 2020 season with injury.

Fremantle defender Joel Hamling is on track to return after missing the entire 2020 season with injury. Credit: Trevor Collens/The Sunday Times
“I don’t mind telling you is that a big part of our focus this pre-season has been that we’d like to score a bit more, we’d like to be a bit more threatening,” he said.
“I think that we’ve been pretty pleased with how quickly the guys adapted and adopted to the way that Justin (Longmuir) wanted the team to defend, but on top of that we’d like to score a bit more and be a bit more threatening.”
The former Dockers skipper also indicated defenders Joel Hamling and Alex Pearce were on track to return sooner than later after missing the entire 2020 season with injury.
“They’re tracking well, both of them,” he said.
“Obviously there’s an element of anxiety given that they’ve both had serious injuries and they’ve been out of the game for a while, but they’ve both been involved in match-simulations through the pre-season period and they’ll both continue to ramp up their volumes.
“It’s going to be exciting to have those two hopefully available, but very competitive as well with the taller defenders that we have.
“We saw Brennan Cox really grow his game last year, Griffin Logue until his toe injury as well. We’ve got a lot of mid-range defenders as well that are going to be really competitive guys.”

Brad Sheppard?! Ffs!!!
Typical wc trash
The one defender I see troubling Fyfe is Moore who has height & pace & a good defender's nous.
Fremantle Dockers skipper Nat Fyfe is an unstoppable forward, says West Coast Eagles great Andrew Embley

Mitchell Woodcock

[PLAYERCARD]Andrew Embley[/PLAYERCARD] believes there is no defender who can stop Fremantle skipper Nat Fyfe as a forward when he is in full flight.

Andrew Embley believes there is no defender who can stop Fremantle skipper Nat Fyfe as a forward when he is in full flight. Credit: Paul Kane/via AFL Photos

West Coast premiership star Andrew Embley believes there is no defender in the competition which can stop Fremantle skipper Nat Fyfe in full flight as a forward.
Fyfe spent more time in attack last season as a number of young midfielders began to emerge and it looks as if this trend will continue, with the dual Brownlow medallist kicking five goals and taking an early contender for mark of the year in intra-club match for the Dockers last week.
Embley said Fyfe had to play up forward for the Dockers in 2021 to give them a more potent attack because there wasn’t a defender who could stop him.
[PLAYERCARD]Andrew Embley[/PLAYERCARD] named West Coast defender Brad Sheppard as the closest defender in the AFL to stopping Nat Fyfe.

Andrew Embley named West Coast defender Brad Sheppard as the closest defender in the AFL to stopping Nat Fyfe. Credit: Daniel Carson/AFL Photos
“The game’s changed, you’ve got to be able to score. I think this is going to be crucial for Fremantle, Nat Fyfe has to play inside forward 50 this year,” he said.
“You throw Matt Taberner in there as well. I know Taberner is a bit injured at the moment, but he’ll be OK and he had a big year last year. Suddenly that’s a really potent forward line.
“(West Coast defender) Brad Sheppard is probably closest, but I don’t think there’s a match-up for Nat Fyfe.
“The game is all about territory and Fremantle are starting to get trust in players like (Caleb) Serong, who first year last year was outstanding, (Andrew) Brayshaw’s stepping up. (Adam) Cerra in my opinion really showed us why Fremantle took him with pick five.
“If suddenly these young kids can start to win some footy, get the game played in their forward half and you’ve got Nat Fyfe waiting in the goalsquare, look out.
“Fremantle have always been a very good defensive side, they can slow the opposition down and close them down.”
The 2006 Norm Smith medallist said with the return of key defenders Joel Hamling and Alex Pearce from injury, the Dockers had one of the best backlines in the AFL.
Luke Ryan stood up in their absence in 2020 to win the Doig Medal as the club’s best and fairest as well as an All-Australian berth, while Griffin Logue, Hayden Young and Brennan Cox all had breakout seasons down back.
“Pearce and Hamling, they’ve shown before they were injured how good those two are,” Embley said.
“Their midfield have got kids who are starting to find the footy, they’re forward line we just spoke about and their backline, I agree up and about could be one of the best backlines on paper this year.”

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sumich: “Overall I think Justin’s doing a great job and hopefully they can get a result with an improving year in the sense of winning games. If they do that, they might scrape into the eight.”

In other news, Sumich now requires major dental surgery after saying the above through the grittiest of gritted teeth ever. :grimacing:

Fremantle Dockers football boss Peter Bell reveals what the club’s pass mark is for the 2021 AFL season

Wed, 17 February 2021 10:52AMComments

Fremantle football boss Peter Bell has refused to put too much expectation on his young Dockers by saying finals is a pass mark for the team in 2021.
The Dockers have not played post-season football since 2015, but are paying $4 with Ladbrokes to make the top eight this season as they look to continue their improvement under second-year coach Justin Longmuir.
When asked what a pass mark for the upcoming season would be, Bell’s reply was “consistency”.
“That’s making sure that we’re consistent in every game that we play,” Bell told TAB radio.
“We want to be in winning positions in all the games that we participate in.”
Last week, former Fremantle assistant coach Peter Sumich said the Dockers were “a side bordering on eighth position”.
“I think he (Longmuir) now understands what he’s got to do a bit more and he’ll get the troops right and ready for this year,” Sumich told SEN.
“Overall I think Justin’s doing a great job and hopefully they can get a result with an improving year in the sense of winning games. If they do that, they might scrape into the eight.”
Bell said the Dockers’ primary focus this pre-season had been on attack, with just North Melbourne and Adelaide scoring less in 2020 that Fremantle.
Fremantle defender Joel Hamling is on track to return after missing the entire 2020 season with injury.

Fremantle defender Joel Hamling is on track to return after missing the entire 2020 season with injury. Credit: Trevor Collens/The Sunday Times
“I don’t mind telling you is that a big part of our focus this pre-season has been that we’d like to score a bit more, we’d like to be a bit more threatening,” he said.
“I think that we’ve been pretty pleased with how quickly the guys adapted and adopted to the way that Justin (Longmuir) wanted the team to defend, but on top of that we’d like to score a bit more and be a bit more threatening.”
The former Dockers skipper also indicated defenders Joel Hamling and Alex Pearce were on track to return sooner than later after missing the entire 2020 season with injury.
“They’re tracking well, both of them,” he said.
“Obviously there’s an element of anxiety given that they’ve both had serious injuries and they’ve been out of the game for a while, but they’ve both been involved in match-simulations through the pre-season period and they’ll both continue to ramp up their volumes.
“It’s going to be exciting to have those two hopefully available, but very competitive as well with the taller defenders that we have.
“We saw Brennan Cox really grow his game last year, Griffin Logue until his toe injury as well. We’ve got a lot of mid-range defenders as well that are going to be really competitive guys.”
“Paying $4 with Ladbrokes”...... “he told TAB radio”

FFS this crap makes me sick. It’s not just the AFL doing it but the local rag as well.

how is it that tennis is able to list probability of a result but everything AFL related has to encourage gambling?

FFS this crap makes me sick. It’s not just the AFL doing it but the local rag as well.

how is it that tennis is able to list probability of a result but everything AFL related has to encourage gambling?
Good point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep - it's like advertising cigs. Should go the way of the dodo.

Mitchell Woodcock

Andrew Embley believes there is no defender who can stop Fremantle skipper Nat Fyfe as a forward when he is in full flight.

Andrew Embley named West Coast defender Brad Sheppard as the closest defender in the AFL to stopping Nat Fyfe.

That is a good news title for once and totally on the money

If you can get the delivery right, Fyfe will get the job done. Ironically the only person i think that could play on him also plays for you. Luke Ryan.

Justin Longmuir on SEN. Not sure if its cut short...seems to end abruptly

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=792392

It's not even gloat worthy anymore.
Theses lads are a result of a win at all costs culture & a media too scared or dazzled to challenge the big club in town.
(Which has never been properly addressed)

Sold their soul to the devil for a couple of years of fame & fortune.
Now the keys to the city have been returned & we have these guys who are just husks of humanity passing their pain onto their offspring.
Human fodder so the machine could win a premiership & make millions more $$..yay

Theses lads are a result of a win at all costs culture & a media too scared or dazzled to challenge the big club in town.

Now the keys to the city have been returned & we have these guys who are just husks of humanity passing their pain onto their offspring.
Human fodder so the machine could win a premiership & make millions more $$..yay
Fully agree.

Really well summed up.

It’s really interesting the whole Eagles history & that word ‘Culture’, that was big on here a few months ago. s**t culture doesn’t always mean failure.

They were allowed to do what they wish because they were protected by Uncle Trev, but didn’t realise that once you leave the club, that protection disappears.

I really wish a local media person would dig into Trev & his conduct over the years & I’d be happy to get them started.

Really well summed up.

It’s really interesting the whole Eagles history & that word ‘Culture’, that was big on here a few months ago. sh*t culture doesn’t always mean failure.

They were allowed to do what they wish because they were protected by Uncle Trev, but didn’t realise that once you leave the club, that protection disappears.

I really wish a local media person would dig into Trev & his conduct over the years & I’d be happy to get them started.

No WA media person would dare take on the Godfather!

Really well summed up.

It’s really interesting the whole Eagles history & that word ‘Culture’, that was big on here a few months ago. sh*t culture doesn’t always mean failure.

When i read this i think of Mainy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back