The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon I might be done. Western United have been in the area promoting themselves and it feels sincere - something I've not felt from the club since the Heart days.

*****ing poo.

tenor.gif

Really starting to hate Delbridge, my new scapegoat.

Feels like we're back to being the laughing stock with Aloisi as gaffer and Michael 'Maltese Messi' Misfud.

This club really sucks balls more often than not.

#ChristmasRuined

*****ing poo.

tenor.gif

Feels like we're back to being the laughing stock with Aloisi as gaffer and Michael 'Maltese Messi' Misfud.

#ChristmasRuined
Wrong scapegoat. I reckon Delbridge is close to our MVP,

which could explain why we are just not top 2 material

Reckon I might be done. Western United have been in the area promoting themselves and it feels sincere - something I've not felt from the club since the Heart days.
Did you go for west coast before richmond?

-at least wait til Friday night- embarrassing for you if we beat WU again.
Nothing wrong with a reality check- we are not of the same quality as Sydney, Perth, and possibly Victory.
McLaren needs assistance and we just did not press.

Ok, so I'd had a few coronas in the 40 degree Murray river heat and got a tad overreactive. I agree that we aren't in the same league as Sydney or Perth but c'mon! We were 1 nil up with a man advantage and they still looked comfortable offensively. Hell, they even had a missed penalty and probably could of won by more.

You can see the City group wants to play the most attractive game worldwide but I'm not sure if the a league will ever have the talent to do it because we have always shipped bulk goals.

For me this is the most galling aspect.

We were 1-0 up before they went a man down. From then on they scored twice and we did not score at all.
Believe it or not, for a team like Sydney, losing a man can be no disadvantage. How many times does it happen that a red card team ends up not losing? I can think of 3 already this year, including us against WU. Also Perth & MV not so long ago iirc.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe it or not, for a team like Sydney, losing a man can be no disadvantage. How many times does it happen that a red card team ends up winning? I can think of 4 already this year, including us against WU. Also Adelaide & MV not so long ago iirc.

I would like to see the stats though. We were 1 goal up and it happened in the first 25 minutes. I would be surprised if too many teams managed to get up in those circumstances.

There are no excuses, it was a pathetic effort.

I would like to see the stats though. We were 1 goal up and it happened in the first 25 minutes. I would be surprised if too many teams managed to get up in those circumstances.

There are no excuses, it was a pathetic effort.
possibly
you replied before my edit...
in 6 red card games so far this season, 2 losses, 2 wins, 2 draws

possibly
you replied before my edit...
in 6 red card games so far this season, 2 losses, 2 wins, 2 draws

It was more when the red cards occurred in those games. Sydney had to a play one short for over an hour which is a bloody long time.

Tactically I just don't get it. We had so many ridiculous long range shots which did us no favours.

It was more when the red cards occurred in those games. Sydney had to a play one short for over an hour which is a bloody long time.

Tactically I just don't get it. We had so many ridiculous long range shots which did us no favours.
Agree.
Why they did not press is bizarre.
But Sydney was able to maintain lots of pressure, and their skill level is easily superior to ours, and all other teams.

*****ing poo.

tenor.gif

#ChristmasRuined

Delbridge though? Kidding aren’t you

Do love the passion from all of us here. Huge opportunity missed, with how inefficient we were and being the club that we are it felt like it was always going to end as it did.

To find something super glass half full well yes it’s been a huge form slump but still find ourselves in second spot with plenty of time to turn it around. Like the rest of the comp, just not up to Sydney’s level at the minute.

-at least wait til Friday night- embarrassing for you if we beat WU again.
Nothing wrong with a reality check- we are not of the same quality as Sydney, Perth, and possibly Victory.
McLaren needs assistance and we just did not press.
Our midfield was horrendous

No one controlled the game there, we didn't get into good areas/positions quick enough and allowed Sydney to defend deep effectively, our game plan was do whatever our defence does, be it hoof it long upfield or play it out wide and stay wide, no creativity and not enough quality chances produced

Sydney had a penalty saved too, could've been 3-1

Reminded me of one Saturday night we played WSW away in one of our last Heart years, they went down to ten men first half and they simply worked harder than us and we couldn't give a s**t

Really disappointed in the side and Mombaerts, doesn't seem like he adapts in game well enough at the moment.

Agree.
Why they did not press is bizarre.
But Sydney was able to maintain lots of pressure, and their skill level is easily superior to ours, and all other teams.
Funny how half their midfield used to play for us though...

Thanks Joyce...

*they can keep Redmayne though

Funny how half their midfield used to play for us though...

Thanks Joyce...

*they can keep Redmayne though
True. Amazing how classy Brattan, Caceres and Retre looked against us .

Best GK in the comp is Redmayne.
Came of age in the 18/19 GF.

Really disappointed in the side and Mombaerts, doesn't seem like he adapts in game well enough at the moment.

I’m happy to cut him a bit of slack for now. What has been going on in the first 10 years of this club, call it what you want, doesn’t get fixed in less than half a season with a new manager.
Especially considering the past 2 seasons the players were playing basically without flair or structure, and that he’s been clearly given the directive to teach the squad how to play the exact opposite, to attack teams and play anti-Joyce ball now. Of course it’s possible that his game plan won’t ever properly click and that it is too advanced, I have my doubts with some players being unable to play an advanced role for sure, but only time will tell how the finished product all comes together.

I’m happy to cut him a bit of slack for now. What has been going on in the first 10 years of this club, call it what you want, doesn’t get fixed in less than half a season with a new manager.
Especially considering the past 2 seasons the players were playing basically without flair or structure, and that he’s been clearly given the directive to teach the squad how to play the exact opposite, to attack teams and play anti-Joyce ball now. Of course it’s possible that his game plan won’t ever properly click and that it is too advanced, I have my doubts with some players being unable to play an advanced role for sure, but only time will tell how the finished product all comes together.
Mombaerts has a good starting game plan and I much rather him to Joyce, but if the plan is found out I'm just not sure he can change a game in our favour

Moreso was disappointed with not pushing on and winning where we have the massive one man advantage. 3 points and clear space to our nearest rivals on the table dropped

Remove this Banner Ad

Back