Prediction The Mighty Crows - Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 29, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Sorry if there is another thread like this (couldn't find one).

So how do people realistically think we will go this year and what are we looking to see from certain players, etc?

I would be happy if we could repeat last years effort to be honest, with what happened last year and losing Danger that would be a fair effort.

I think it is more likely we will finish somewhere between 6th - 10th.

Obviously we all want to see development across the whole list.

It would be great to see Lairdy follow on with last years form and to see Smith get back to his best after those head knocks last year.

CEY really needs to step to the plate this year and show that he can be of consistent AFL standard or I think we should look at off loading him.

Would be great to see continual improvement from Kelly, Atkins, Knight & Cameron.

Hopefully Wigg can start to step up and get a few games and Shooter start to star in the SANFL.

I'm backing in the Texan to win the Coleman.

Brad Crouch to come back into the side and play like he never missed a game.

Talia, Betts, Walker to make the All Australian team.

If Brad Crouch can play like he never missed a game, we can push for top 4.

The development of our mid tier players/ and or being replaced by younger more exciting players will make us a better and more balanced team.

A lot of unkowns, but I think we should look at somewhere between 4th and 8th as a successful year.

I think we have the talent and the ability to defeat the best sides, but we need luck with injuries and sufficient time for Pykey to structure these players for maximum impact.

Dare to dream fellas. Embrace Walshy's spirit, but look forward to what we can do with Pykyey.

never had a season ever where I've got no real feel for where we will come, I've been over optimistic before and over pessimistic but this year genuinely have NFI

If we develop rapidly we could be top 4 or we could get injuries, struggle in midfield and win 8 games ....I guess something in between is most likely - 12 wins

I'm not sure why there's such a fuss over the fixture.

It's actually pretty similar to last year with 3 double ups v Port, West Coast and Geelong.

Of course the other 2 double ups are harder granted but we should be good enough to overcome that
I couldn't care less about the double ups, but the first 8 rounds straight are all against tough opponents which isn't going to be easy back to back to back...

with a new coach that can really set the tone for the whole season, especially in terms of trust and buy-in. Rounds 4-7 are the ones that worry me, Sydney who have bullied us the last couple of years, Hawthorn away, Freo at home, Bulldogs away.

like I said though I really think we can win the first 3 (North, Port, Richmond), and in my opinion we have to win at LEAST 2 of them to go into the next 4 games with the confidence we need to snatch an upset or 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't care less about the double ups, but the first 8 rounds straight are all against tough opponents which isn't going to be easy back to back to back...

with a new coach that can really set the tone for the whole season, especially in terms of trust and buy-in. Rounds 4-7 are the ones that worry me, Sydney who have bullied us the last couple of years, Hawthorn away, Freo at home, Bulldogs away.

like I said though I really think we can win the first 3 (North, Port, Richmond), and in my opinion we have to win at LEAST 2 of them to go into the next 4 games with the confidence we need to snatch an upset or 4.
Will be super excited if we are 3-0 but you're right we need to nail at least 2 of those and get the confidence up , on a positive note we have no choice but to come to play each week

The draw could be the making of us and need to look at it as a positive

Our first 8 -

Away vs North
Home vs Port
Away vs Richmond
Home vs Sydney
Away vs Hawthorn
Home vs Fremantle
Away vs Bulldogs
Home vs Geelong

If we are 5-3/6-2 we will be on track for finals.

Win 9 of our AO games + 3 away games (GCS, Carlton and Melb) and we are there.

Simples:)
tell that to Port, you need 13 games. We'll be better than that on the road though.

Will be super excited if we are 3-0 but you're right we need to nail at least 2 of those and get the confidence up , on a positive note we have no choice but to come to play each week

I'm actually really confident about carrying some momentum through that tough period and looking forward to it. I'm only worried that if we don't get up and running early we're going to be coming from too far back. Form is one of the most important things you need in footy.

Our first 8 -

Away vs North
Home vs Port
Away vs Richmond
Home vs Sydney
Away vs Hawthorn
Home vs Fremantle
Away vs Bulldogs
Home vs Geelong

If we are 5-3/6-2 we will be on track for finals.
if we're 6-2 I'll be disappointed if we don't go on to finish top 4!

That's the main point. I think that it's all mental. We need good preparation so that we actually turn up to play each week, regardless of what happened the week before. There's no room for emotion. What we need to avoid completely is the attitude/performance that we brought to the Sydney game last year!

This year more than any I can recall I have no idea how we will go.

New coach, So many new players, New game plans to learn and a tough draw.

My biggest worry is we get off to a bad start and it takes the team confidence away, Will watch with great interest this year.

This is a good point, something we'd consider as a worst case scenario if we were doing scenario planning. How do we recover from that? Should we be worried at that time or do we put faith in our systems and just stick with them for another 3-5 weeks? I hadn't really been open to it, but realistically its something I should consider happening, I might really want it not to happen, but its a possibility. As a supporter what should I do at this point and at the time, I guess brace for it now and still support strongly at the time.

tell that to Port, you need 13 games. We'll be better than that on the road though.

I'm actually really confident about carrying some momentum through that tough period and looking forward to it. I'm only worried that if we don't get up and running early we're going to be coming from too far back. Form is one of the most important things you need in footy.

if we're 6-2 I'll be disappointed if we don't go on to finish top 4!
That's the other thing , beat some of these good teams early and belief will skyrocket

This is a good point, something we'd consider as a worst case scenario if we were doing scenario planning. How do we recover from that? Should we be worried at that time or do we put faith in our systems and just stick with them for another 3-5 weeks? I hadn't really been open to it, but realistically its something I should consider happening, I might really want it not to happen, but its a possibility. As a supporter what should I do at this point and at the time, I guess brace for it now and still support strongly at the time.
I think you have to put faith in a new system under Pyke for a certain amount of time, And hope it comes together. There is also who they are selecting at the time if indeed we are having a rough patch, But Im sure we will all point out what we think they should change at that time.

Hopefully we can field a strong team with not many injuries and surprise a few teams this year.

Cut the dead wood and invest games in the people and structures Pyke sees succeeding in 2017.

Mind you this is a club that routinely struggled with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back