wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
wicksy you still around mate?

Sure am mate.... Been a bit disheartened this preseason with Durant's decision. Certainly don't know why you guys have clips 2nd.... I'm not seeing where the improvement comes from to be honest.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know the NBA season doesn't start for almost two months but I want to do my predictions so am going to:

East:
1. Cleveland
2. Toronto
3. Boston
4. Indiana
5. Atlanta
6. Detroit
7. New York
8. Charlotte

9. Chicago
10. Milwuakee
11. Washington
12. Miami
13. Orlando
14. Philly
15. Brooklyn

West:
1. Golden State
2. LA Clippers
3. San Antonio
4. Dallas
5. Houston
6. Memphis
7. Utah
8. Oklahoma

9. Portland
10. New Orleans
11. Minnesota
12. Denver
13. Sacramento
14. Phoenix
15. LA Lakers

Cavs def Warriors in Finals and go back to back (no bias)

MVP: Lebron (cant see them giving it to a warriors who will finish with best record)
ROY: Kris Dunn
6th Man: Brandon Knight
DPOY: Kawhai Leonard
MIP: Dennis Schroeder

*subject to change up until 25th oct
2 weeks from the start of season and i have made a few changes:
- Philly now ahead of Brooklyn
- Schroeder over Barnes for MIP
-Milwaukee fall from 6th to 10th due to Middleton injury, Detroit from 8th to 6th, New York hold 7th, Hornets up from 9th to 8th and Chicago up from 10th to 9th.

WakeUpPies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
******* Kevin Durant, man. Killed 99% of my interest for the upcoming season. It's going to take some serious team chemistry issues, injuries, or Lebron going absolutely apeshit again for them not to win the championship.

I really want to see how Embiid plays out, shame about Simmons' injury!

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Enjoyed Thon's first game.... The kid's got it!!

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
******* Kevin Durant, man. Killed 99% of my interest for the upcoming season. It's going to take some serious team chemistry issues, injuries, or Lebron going absolutely apeshit again for them not to win the championship.

I really want to see how Embiid plays out, shame about Simmons' injury!
I'm backing Lebron to go apeshit, without bogut they couldn't stop him and now they won't have bogut for the entire series!

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
Pacers fan here. Very happy with our off-season.

Adding Teague is huge. George Hill was good, but was often too passive. Teague is the best point guard we've had for a long time. Jefferson is exactly the sort of player we need. Our draftee Niang is a mature player who could have an impact. T. Young really helps in a lot of areas. Not really expecting much from Seraphin, Brooks or Evans.

Wasn't bothered about losing J. Hill. Mahinmi was a solid grunt guy. S. Hill might come back to bite us.

Expecting us to be really competitive this year.

shizzle

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Jazz need veterans and Hill is one. Not an ideal starter, but a piece in a larger puzzle if more established players can be added.
Early days but not doing too bad for a less than ideal starter, ranked 4th league wide for point guards PER. West player of the week. He's certainly doing a lot better than the guy Indy replaced him with:p

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Pacers fan here. Very happy with our off-season.

Adding Teague is huge. George Hill was good, but was often too passive. Teague is the best point guard we've had for a long time. Jefferson is exactly the sort of player we need. Our draftee Niang is a mature player who could have an impact. T. Young really helps in a lot of areas. Not really expecting much from Seraphin, Brooks or Evans.

Wasn't bothered about losing J. Hill. Mahinmi was a solid grunt guy. S. Hill might come back to bite us.

Expecting us to be really competitive this year.

Pacers are in a good spot. Love the additions by the Pacers also. Could be the number two team in the East.

Snell for MCW is mind boggling from a Bulls perspective..

Love the addition of MCW. Injured now. But huge upgrade.

Bulls actually gain a worthwhile point guard, a once rookie of the year for someone who wouldn't be in the rotation.

Early days but not doing too bad for a less than ideal starter, ranked 4th league wide for point guards PER. West player of the week. He's certainly doing a lot better than the guy Indy replaced him with:p

I'm just looking at PER now and he is 13th. No idea how he won West player of the week.

Anthony Davis and Russell Westbrook were putting up insane numbers over that first week.

Hill is off to a very strong start with 20.4ppg (almost double his career average) and 5apg (well above his career average) but with a lack of quality on the perimeter that gives Hill more of an opportunity to handle and play a larger role than previously. It is difficult to see him maintaining those numbers. If he does and if he comes close, well done Jazz.

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pacers are in a good spot. Love the additions by the Pacers also. Could be the number two team in the East.

Pacers have been inconsistent to start the year - 6-6 isn't great, but I feel like we're improving. PG, Turner and Miles have been good and Teague and T. Young are working their way into the season. Jefferson has been a bit disappointing. Defense has been awful at times, but again, I think it's getting better.

Tough run ahead; v Pho, @ OKC, v GS, v ATL, V BKN, v LAC, @ POR. I feel like we need to make a run over the next two weeks.

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Pacers have been inconsistent to start the year - 6-6 isn't great, but I feel like we're improving. PG, Turner and Miles have been good and Teague and T. Young are working their way into the season. Jefferson has been a bit disappointing. Defense has been awful at times, but again, I think it's getting better.

Tough run ahead; v Pho, @ OKC, v GS, v ATL, V BKN, v LAC, @ POR. I feel like we need to make a run over the next two weeks.

Jefferson is not someone who is of use on the defensive end. He is a scorer and rebounder. You need the defense around him to win with him, but still like the value he represents on the contract he is on.

Pacers should with time together get better. The pieces are there. Pacers won't be good defensively with the group they have, but offensively it's hard to see East teams running with them for the most part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Jefferson is not someone who is of use on the defensive end. He is a scorer and rebounder. You need the defense around him to win with him, but still like the value he represents on the contract he is on.

Pacers should with time together get better. The pieces are there. Pacers won't be good defensively with the group they have, but offensively it's hard to see East teams running with them for the most part.

Bird realised that our second group was poor offensively last year so I don't mind getting Jefferson, especially on that contract as you said. He's been ok, just want a bit more out of him in terms of scoring.

I think we'll get it together defensively. George is a top five defender on the wings and Turner is brilliant in the post. Teague and Ellis is a troubling backcourt with their limited defensive capabilities.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
So the cavs play the clippers tomorrow and the bulls the next day

Confident fellas ?? wicksy Knightmare

If i had to give my thoughts;
I reckon Clippers are in for a world of pain... Cavs home game, coming off a bad loss to the bucks and have matched up very well vs the clippers over the last 4-5 years
Bulls game is a trap game, one of the big three is likely to be rested and Wade always plays incredible vs the cavs.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

I reckon Clippers are in for a world of pain... Cavs home game, coming off a bad loss to the bucks and have matched up very well vs the clippers over the last 4-5 years
Bulls game is a trap game, one of the big three is likely to be rested and Wade always plays incredible vs the cavs.

The Bulls are a surprise team.

The chemistry is there. The players love hanging out, going out on team dinners. They're clicking and will be an overachiever this year.

Would tip against the Bulls given missing players, but would love for the Bulls to win obviously, as a fan.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Clippers have fallen off the planet again. A week ago, i'd have said we'd beat you.
Now we've lost 3 in a row and are reverting back to the standard piss weak team we've always been.

Clips by plenty!!

EDIT: See what I did there... ;)

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Clippers have fallen off the planet again. A week ago, i'd have said we'd beat you.
Now we've lost 3 in a row and are reverting back to the standard piss weak team we've always been.

Clips by plenty!!

EDIT: See what I did there... ;)
We were both wrong unfortunately, cavs are playing terrible now and will likely rest someone tomorrow so Bulls will probably beat us

Oh you edited it, cheeky

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
We were both wrong unfortunately, cavs are playing terrible now and will likely rest someone tomorrow so Bulls will probably beat us

Oh you edited it, cheeky

Where's the credit mannn?? :p

PS I'm back on board with the "awful" Clippers hehe

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know the NBA season doesn't start for almost two months but I want to do my predictions so am going to:

East:
1. Cleveland
2. Toronto
3. Boston
4. Indiana
5. Atlanta
6. Detroit
7. New York
8. Charlotte

9. Chicago
10. Milwuakee
11. Washington
12. Miami
13. Orlando
14. Philly
15. Brooklyn

West:
1. Golden State
2. LA Clippers
3. San Antonio
4. Dallas
5. Houston
6. Memphis
7. Utah
8. Oklahoma

9. Portland
10. New Orleans
11. Minnesota
12. Denver
13. Sacramento
14. Phoenix
15. LA Lakers

Cavs def Warriors in Finals and go back to back (no bias)

MVP: Lebron (cant see them giving it to a warriors who will finish with best record)
ROY: Kris Dunn
6th Man: Brandon Knight
DPOY: Kawhai Leonard
MIP: Dennis Schroeder

*subject to change up until 25th oct
Dallas really letting me down

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
It's only taken another month for the Bulls to fall apart.

It sounds like Rondo will be moved for the right deal now that he is out of the rotation.

Brandon Knight and Nerlens Noel have been two the media have speculated as possibles.

I'd love to see Noel added personally. He's seriously good and a hidden gem on the 76ers bench, similar to how MCW was hidden on the Bucks bench before the Snell trade. Noel is a really good defender, hits the offensive boards and finishes around the rim. Not a shooter but with the way he impacts games defensively he's someone I'd start over Lopez personally.

Still not looking like a playoff team. The lack of three point shooting and floor spacing more generally, with a walk it up team is not conducive to good basketball. I wouldn't blow it up and would continue adding pieces to the mix - eg. Nerlens Noel for Rondo.

But I wouldn't oppose a trade including a combination of the Bulls young, recent first round picks for an established player or two who can elevate the Bulls eg. Valentine, McDermott and Portis with Mirotic a maybe also if the price is right.

Feb 9, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls,
It's only taken another month for the Bulls to fall apart.

It sounds like Rondo will be moved for the right deal now that he is out of the rotation.

Brandon Knight and Nerlens Noel have been two the media have speculated as possibles.

I'd love to see Noel added personally. He's seriously good and a hidden gem on the 76ers bench, similar to how MCW was hidden on the Bucks bench before the Snell trade. Noel is a really good defender, hits the offensive boards and finishes around the rim. Not a shooter but with the way he impacts games defensively he's someone I'd start over Lopez personally.

Still not looking like a playoff team. The lack of three point shooting and floor spacing more generally, with a walk it up team is not conducive to good basketball. I wouldn't blow it up and would continue adding pieces to the mix - eg. Nerlens Noel for Rondo.

But I wouldn't oppose a trade including a combination of the Bulls young, recent first round picks for an established player or two who can elevate the Bulls eg. Valentine, McDermott and Portis with Mirotic a maybe also if the price is right.
Hey km, what would you think of a rondo for Rubio trade? I don't think it will help either side dramatically but maybe a change in scenery could be good for them both. I like Noel though, if we could get him then I would have a look at offers for lopez.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back