Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked that the season didn't have any focus on Mercedes. Was great to see insight and perspective on the middle ranked teams and of course Redbull.

Mindhunters season 2 will have Andrew Dominik direct 3 episodes. That's bloody excellent.

Gave Stranger Things a go

It wasn't too bad for a while but by about ep 7 in season 2 it kinda lost me, I finished season 2 off though and gave the first ep of season 3 a go but when my only interest in that ep was whether Billy was going to bang Mikes mum I knew it was probably over for me, the kids started doing my head in too

Wynona was good though

I started watching that a couple of years ago but lost interest during season 1. Probably because I was watching it tired so drifted in and out of sleep. Might have to give it another crack
Season 3 and 4 is a new coach/team etc from the first 2 seasons.

Im half way through and its one disaster per episode, in space, with a crew who simply cannot be the best people on the planet for going in to space to save the human race.

It's the ultimate two screen show. Have it on in the background while you're looking up pictures of Katee Sakhoff to bat to. It's just so cheap looking. Inoffensive but.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found out today about the existence of a Netflix series called "Love, Death and Robots". I was looking at Alastair Reynolds' bibliography and saw that two of his stories had been adapted for LDaR. It's an animated series of 20 or so episodes that all seem to be about 20 minutes or less.

Watched the first "Zima Blue" and it was a fairly accurate version of the short story.

Next up: episode 1 "Sonnie's Edge", based on the short story by Peter Hamilton, which I read about 20 years ago. The story was dark, vile, violent and vicious. I hope the episode matches!

Edit: just watched "Sonnie's Edge" and it was everything I'd hoped for. Gonna enjoy the rest of this series.

Last edited:
I found out today about the existence of a Netflix series called "Love, Death and Robots". I was looking at Alastair Reynolds' bibliography and saw that two of his stories had been adapted for LDaR. It's an animated series of 20 or so episodes that all seem to be about 20 minutes or less.

Watched the first "Zima Blue" and it was a fairly accurate version of the short story.

Next up: episode 1 "Sonnie's Edge", based on the short story by Peter Hamilton, which I read about 20 years ago. The story was dark, vile, violent and vicious. I hope the episode matches!

Edit: just watched "Sonnie's Edge" and it was everything I'd hoped for. Gonna enjoy the rest of this series.

Very entertaining but full on show this was. My favourite ep was “Suits”. The space and war ones were all good and Zima Blue.

Anyone here seen Good Girls? I rated it pretty highly.

I've seen the first two seasons. It's one of my favourite Netflix shows. It's been confirmed for a third season too.

I've also been enjoying The Good Place. Just finished the first season - very funny show. I'm aware it finished after three seasons which is a shame but I'll enjoy what there is of it.

I've also been enjoying The Good Place. Just finished the first season - very funny show. I'm aware it finished after three seasons which is a shame but I'll enjoy what there is of it.
Might have misread this but the fourth and final season will start to be aired later this year of The Good Place.

Although it's not on Netflix (but on Stan), if you haven't checked it out I think you might enjoy Preacher. Has a really similar tone and sense of humour to Happy! and has a fair whack of creepiness to boot. And my wife really didn't enjoy that one either haha.
I switch between Stan, Netflix, Prime + Piratebaz.
Yeah Preacher is good. Preacher has some of the best atmospheric audio......best since that background trumpet on lost maybe

Might have misread this but the fourth and final season will start to be aired later this year of The Good Place.

September on US TV according to wiki. Fair enough IMO, great first season but the story is wearing thin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back