Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television
That’s the movie based on the Danish one of the same name?
If so I watched the Danish one and thought it was top notch, thrilling entertainment.
What a sting in the tail….!
Yep same one apparently

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Binged through the Billion Dollar Code last night. Thought I'd start with just ep1 but plowed through all of it. This is up my alley because I work in tech, it's based on a true story about Google stealing the code from a German startup to create Google Earth (although not a totally accurate depiction according to Wikipedia). I quite enjoyed it.

I watched it and I think it plays on the premise of 'What are the odds?' I tend to agree. Like seriously, what are the odds that they would create exactly the same thing. There were so many holes in that trial though that today would not be glossed over. They would have examined the coding in more detail. To rely on someone's testimony that they didn't do it seems very shallow.

Watched four episodes of Cowboy Bebop (the live action adaptation on Netflix) so far - I like it.

Bear in mind I have not read or watched the manga or anime, but I find it stylish, compelling and I just love space westerns *coughfireflycough*

Any more devoted fans have comments about it?

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hellbound.

Korean 6 episode series that is awesome. Last episode is sensational and has me hanging for S2 allready!

8/10.

Everything Korea touches just seems to be turning to Gold lately.

Two episodes down and I’m totally hooked. Part horror, part mystery, multilayered with a stack of social commentary. Already. The performances are absolutely first rate. Look forward to the rest.

Two episodes down and I’m totally hooked. Part horror, part mystery, multilayered with a stack of social commentary. Already. The performances are absolutely first rate. Look forward to the rest.
Last 10mins of the final episode will absolutely floor you!

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
We finished Tiger King 2 last night. While the stuff about Carole allegedly killing Don was a bit boring, the revelations in the final 2-3 eps were great TV. While ppl have jumped on this Free Joe Exotic bandwagon, they seem to forget that for the charges related to attempting a hit, he was found not guilty by the jury. The 20 counts of animal cruelty he was found guilty of is why he's in jail as (IIRC) each comes with a 2-year jail sentence. So I don't think he should be free at all.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
We finished Tiger King 2 last night. While the stuff about Carole allegedly killing Don was a bit boring, the revelations in the final 2-3 eps were great TV. While ppl have jumped on this Free Joe Exotic bandwagon, they seem to forget that for the charges related to attempting a hit, he was found not guilty by the jury. The 20 counts of animal cruelty he was found guilty of is why he's in jail as (IIRC) each comes with a 2-year jail sentence. So I don't think he should be free at all.

After watching season 1 last year i got real put off by all zoos haha

Buzz Hawk

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2017
Buttox
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Started watching The Valhalla Murders.
Set in Iceland. Stunning visuals and after Chestnut Man I was keen to continue my current (temporary) obsession with gritty scandi murder/mystery series.
Promising, enjoyed EP 1.

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hellbound.

Korean 6 episode series that is awesome. Last episode is sensational and has me hanging for S2 allready!

8/10.

Everything Korea touches just seems to be turning to Gold lately.

I've been following Korean film/tv since the early 2000's and they've always been consistently producing incredible work. It's only just now the world is taking notice.

Just finished Cowboy Bebop.

I enjoyed it. That's all there is to it really. The reviews on the internet (particular in for example the Cowboy Bebop fan forums) are vicious (pun intended) but I am going to be that person and say they really should get over it. No ten episode live action adaptation will ever satisfy all the fans of a beloved and long-running anime. There was particularly intense criticism of a character that appeared for two minutes, total, and for a character who no longer wears clothes that make her breasts jut out - I am serious.

I never watched the anime so I judged it for what it was - a soundly written and paced sci fi/western type episodic series with a canonical arc that slowly unravelled as the season went. Nothing special, but nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be.

Anyway, despite obvious limitations that comes with attempting to remain somewhat faithful to the source material, it was generally well acted and there were some cool episode ideas. I do love my space westerns with a dash of corniness and a dollop of seriousness. I look forward to season 2 - if it gets one.

8/10

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cousin Eddies Reviews: Money Heist

This show received a lot of hype and the story line is very original. While the first two parts held their own I feel they clearly jumped the shark after that point. Too many things just seem to fall in favour of the thieves to the convenience of the plot.

Verdict: Overall a bit of mindless fun that doesnt take itself too seriously. But it never reaches the great heights that its made out to hit. a good 4 out of 7 stars.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Really enjoying "StartUp". Crashed through season 1 in a few days - couldn't put it down. Martin Freeman brilliant as always, but some other great characters and pleasing story arcs.
I enjoyed season 1 too but should have stopped there. Seems Freeman did too.

When I watched it I thought damn he’s familiar so googled the cast. I was blown away that it was Tim.

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Cry.

A couple of years old.

Brilliantly acted and brilliant series.

Thought they rushed the end, could have gone for another few episodes if they went through the court case thoroughly.

don’t know how she got away with it being an accident, her fingerprints would have been all over the seatbelt button[\spoiler]

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns

Glebehawk

All Australian
Aug 24, 2006
london
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Cry.

A couple of years old.

Brilliantly acted and brilliant series.

Thought they rushed the end, could have gone for another few episodes if they went through the court case thoroughly.

don’t know how she got away with it being an accident, her fingerprints would have been all over the seatbelt button[\spoiler]

Second this, it’s gotta be one of the better Australian dramas made.

Buzz Hawk

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2017
Buttox
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Started watching this yesterday. 3 episodes in and I'm hooked.
Well I have finished it and thought it was ok, easy watching with some interesting elements.
I was struck by a couple of things whilst watching it (and Squid Game before that).
-Are there no guns at all, anywhere in Korea? Lots of truncheons and baseball bats, knives but no guns. A little bit of lead poisoning would have sorted some of these campaigners out quick smart.
-Korean acting is very histrionic and dramatically OTT. Lots of shrieking and slapping.
-The Police and military are seemingly non existent in these series, where the hell were they?

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well I have finished it and thought it was ok, easy watching with some interesting elements.
I was struck by a couple of things whilst watching it (and Squid Game before that).
-Are there no guns at all, anywhere in Korea? Lots of truncheons and baseball bats, knives but no guns. A little bit of lead poisoning would have sorted some of these campaigners out quick smart.
-Korean acting is very histrionic and dramatically OTT. Lots of shrieking and slapping.
-The Police and military are seemingly non existent in these series, where the hell were they?
1) SK does indeed have some of the strictest gun laws on the planet, and lowest gun related deaths. Think from reading somewhere, even if you own a gun in SK (which is pretty hard to do) it often has to be locked up and stored at the local cop shop.

2) I‘d be pretty histrionic too- there’s some pretty outrageous s**t going down!

3) Maybe. But I probably get that sense more watching Batman.

Back