Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Half way through Bodkin. Not sure I'd call it a comedy.
Its Oirosh humour laddy boy

Finished this tonight. Dark humour for sure.

Some things ( and People) are better left in the mists of history but that doesnt stop an American podcaster and his sidekick from visiting a small Irish town where secrets are in every step and clod of earth

They are joined by an out of favour take no prisoners investigative journalist

Its a lot more darker than Only Murders In The Building so dont expect that

Half way through Bodkin. Not sure I'd call it a comedy.
I only saw "drama" in the tags.

There is some dark humour in the background like almost getting into a punch up over Fleetwood Mac at the wake.

The Final. Attack on Wembley.
Absolute insanity. For anybody that’s watched it could you imagine if this happened on grand final day.
Absolute chaos and carnage.

I just don't get the mindset of, you have waited for this your whole life so you are going to write yourself off hours before the game even starts.

This wasn't just the mindset of a few people, this is clearly apart of their culture and trouble is always around the corner with english soccer fans.

And I feel very uncomfortable when people calling it passion.

One thing that stuck with me was that lot of these people appeared to be well over the age of 21.

That headline doesn’t sound promising. As I understand it, the show is based on a trilogy of books and the showrunners planned four seasons. ‘More episodes’ to ‘conclude the series’ sounds like they haven’t committed to the full run but will give them a season to wrap it all up, meaning a rush job.

I was enjoying 3BP and randomly stopped watching. I wil get back into it.

Anyway, what are peoples top 5 Netflix series of all time?

Mine would probably be Black Mirror, Mindhunter, Making a Murderer, Narcos and Daredevil. Although there are quite a few I haven't seen entirely like Stranger Things, Ozark and The Crown etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To a few posts back, I haven’t seen too many NF series, but probably still OITNB for me personally (although technically that and HoC predated Oz Netflix, were Showcase early on and DVD released).

The Good Place and it's not even close. Near comedic perfection because it's interwoven with truly thoughtful serious themes and the twist at the end of S1 has not been surpassed by anything I've seen - serious.

HM: Ozark, Daredevil, Bojack Horseman, The Crown, Squid Game

Also I just realised that if you want to get technical, you could include broadcast TV shows which means series like Brooklyn 99 and Breaking Bad may also get a run in my top list, but I think we are focused on Netflix exclusives.

I ******* love The Good Place.

"Picture a wave..." gets me every time and whenever life has me feeling down, I remember it and things aren't so bad any more.

Also I just realised that if you want to get technical, you could include broadcast TV shows which means series like Brooklyn 99 and Breaking Bad may also get a run in my top list, but I think we are focused on Netflix exclusives.

"Picture a wave..." gets me every time and whenever life has me feeling down, I remember it and things aren't so bad any more.
Oh my gosh, I was going to put this in my last message but thought it was a bit sad, but I'll tell you now that you've mentioned. We've unfortunately experienced a very sad loss in my family over the past couple of weeks, and the 'wave' metaphor is what I used to explain death to my kids (6 and 4). It's beautiful.

House of Cards (US) for 4 seasons

If they just didn't do the final season at all it would be near top of my list (if not at the very peak). Masterpiece.

Oh my gosh, I was going to put this in my last message but thought it was a bit sad, but I'll tell you now that you've mentioned. We've unfortunately experienced a very sad loss in my family over the past couple of weeks, and the 'wave' metaphor is what I used to explain death to my kids (6 and 4). It's beautiful.

Sorry for your loss and indeed I may also use this in similar situations in the future. I hope you and the family are coping okay.

And since we're on it, I cackled a lot at the montage of the various reboots Michael tried to solve his issue, and since by now we know each character very well, this moment is very difficult to top:

What I really liked was Blake Bortles and the Jags had a really deep run finishing just short of a Superbowl appearance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back