Toast The New Carlton Thread: 5 wooden spoons this century (next worst is 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder who this bloke is going for this season considering he will be on early holidays AGAIN.

Maybe he can mix it up and go for Richmond.

View attachment 949478
Carlton fans have completely turned on Murphy.

Always makes me laugh knowing they picked him ahead of Pendles

Hellinwheels Waislitz, daughter of the late cardboard trillionaire, and former wife of our own vice president has gathered yet another award in new york for raising money for all the people that her dead father and ex husband has ripped off. Circles of life...
Respect.

Gee, as bad as things seem to be for Collingwood at the moment, Carlton still find a way to be even worse.
This is our future if we continue on the current path.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve been awful for 11 rounds. Carltank have been awful for 22 years.

* 10 Rounds. Our game against Carlton where we won and took back the win-loss record was decent.

* 10 Rounds. Our game against Carlton where we won and took back the win-loss record was decent.
True, I was thinking in terms of the timespan. The one-point losses were awful to witness but not awful performances, for that matter.

I was talking about our future.
I know. I think you’re overreacting to a small sample size, but to each their own.

No hate for Sir Kenneth Luke?
show_image.php

The Carlton scumbag who became VFL president and oversaw the introduction of zones (a vile measure to restrict Collingwood success). The state was divided into zones, which were to be rotated every few years so no one club got the best players for decades on end.

Mysteriously Carlton got the best zone, and even more mysteriously the zones were never rotated. His s**t club that could not win a flag got six from a systematic bit of cheating (their next two came from salary cap cheating).

Oh he was heavily involved in the shonky VFL Park deal. Initially it was to be built in Ruthven, and the state government agree to extend the two rail lines in the are so it would be fully serviced by public transport. Mysteriously the site was shifted to Waverly, some one did very well on the real estate side but the state government was unimpressed and refused to build a dedicated line.

They suck because they can’t draft/develop players taken outside the top 20. Once in a blue moon they’ll find a decent player later in a draft. I’m just not sure if it’s poor drafting or poor development or both
Even within the top 20 there are question marks over whether its poor drafting or poor development with Dow (pick 3) and O'Brien (pick 10).

Although its definitely a development issue at play with Sam Petrevski-Seton (pick 6). The game he played against us in 2017 in his first season where he got the 3 Brownlow votes shows it wasn't a drafting issue. I have no idea how they screwed up developing someone who looked like a certainty to be a future star.

Even within the top 20 there are question marks over whether its poor drafting or poor development with Dow (pick 3) and O'Brien (pick 10).

Although its definitely a development issue at play with Sam Petrevski-Seton (pick 6). The game he played against us in 2017 in his first season where he got the 3 Brownlow votes shows it wasn't a drafting issue. I have no idea how they screwed up developing someone who looked like a certainty to be a future star.
They've drafted some very good players in the top 20, Walsh, Weitering, Cripps, Mckay. Besides Fisher who have they hit on outside the top 20 in the past 10 years? Mitch Robinson? He doesnt he even play for them

They've drafted some very good players in the top 20, Walsh, Weitering, Cripps, Mckay. Besides Fisher who have they hit on outside the top 20 in the past 10 years? Mitch Robinson? He doesnt he even play for them
I'm not sure how much credit I give them for Walsh and Weitering. Both were as safe selections as number 1 picks as you could get but I guess they still had to not trade away those picks and then call their names out. Cripps, McKay and Curnow were great hits though.

My favourite of their top 20 selections was Boekhurst.

You're spot on though. I just looked it up. SOS' history of selections after 25 during his time at Carlton was dismal. Besides Fisher, Tom De Koning is the only other one one who looks like being a hit. I guess some people would pay Jack Silvagni but I don't see it personally.

I'm not sure how much credit I give them for Walsh and Weitering. Both were as safe selections as number 1 picks as you could get but I guess they still had to not trade away those picks and then call their names out. Cripps, McKay and Curnow were great hits though.

My favourite of their top 20 selections was Boekhurst.

You're spot on though. I just looked it up. SOS' history of selections after 25 during his time at Carlton was dismal. Besides Fisher, Tom De Koning is the only other one one who looks like being a hit. I guess some people would pay Jack Silvagni but I don't see it personally.
I forgot Garlett but god knows how many years ago that was now. They'll probably point to Silvagni, Williamson and Cunningham... all spuds who wouldnt get regular games at half decent clubs.

Boekhurst was awful, what about Troy Menzel? Suppose to be a jet

They just can't build a good team because they cant find enough good players to fill out the team, Cripps should have left years ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back