Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

From NewPerthStadium twitter - 50% complete

CpDsUZKUAAAoI0U.jpg:large

Anyone have any info on surface characteristics? Hopefully not Etihad-like

Anyone have any info on surface characteristics? Hopefully not Etihad-like
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/p...-million-playing-surface-20151119-gl357p.html

It will be a hybrid. The article says couch and rye with synthetic reinforcement and probably synthetic grass. So standard set up. Same sort of thing used in pretty much every major natural turf stadium in the world. The following link is the MCG turf system. http://www.hgturf.com.au/sfd_motz.html Another of those systems is Desso Grass Master. Look it up.

They will need to use grow lights. That much roof coverage will block a lot of sun from the surface.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll be able to see the countdown clock if they haven't killed the stupid idea by then. But it couldn't be on the footy wings as that would put it behind the bowlers arm in cricket. Plus those seats are more of a premium than the planned spots.

Seems strange to put the screen directly behind the goals. Bit of a distraction for the goal kickers

Given that at least 2 stadiums already have screens directly behind the goals (Spotless and Metricon) and anyone kicking to the hill end from the western side of AO will be looking at a huge screen it's not like the players will be freaked by a screen. Some of them might like it.

Given that at least 2 stadiums already have screens directly behind the goals (Spotless and Metricon) and anyone kicking to the hill end from the western side of AO will be looking at a huge screen it's not like the players will be freaked by a screen. Some of them might like it.
I suppose they can aim for the goals on the big screen so they kick through the ball

Freo have been communicating with its members over seating at the new stadium - does it indicate the financial deal on using the stadium is closer for AFL footy ? Until the dollars are settled & the seating available to the clubs is locked, future planning will be problematic.

"The club is currently sending members information regarding the seat allocation process for the Perth Stadium for the 2018 season," the club's general manager of business operations, David Pitts said.
"It is the first step in a process to offer all of the club's full season seated members the ability to nominate the people they wish to sit with at the stadium at no charge, which has always been our intention.
"We are also planning for the member relocation process for the Perth Stadium to be conducted based on years of membership, also at no charge to our valued members."

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/frema...-for-seat-at-new-stadium-20160811-gqqgl8.html

Freo have been communicating with its members over seating at the new stadium - does it indicate the financial deal on using the stadium is closer for AFL footy ? Until the dollars are settled & the seating available to the clubs is locked, future planning will be problematic.

"The club is currently sending members information regarding the seat allocation process for the Perth Stadium for the 2018 season," the club's general manager of business operations, David Pitts said.
"It is the first step in a process to offer all of the club's full season seated members the ability to nominate the people they wish to sit with at the stadium at no charge, which has always been our intention.
"We are also planning for the member relocation process for the Perth Stadium to be conducted based on years of membership, also at no charge to our valued members."

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/frema...-for-seat-at-new-stadium-20160811-gqqgl8.html

So they got a massive thumbs down for the $3000,$2000,$1000 option for the seat of your choice. Good.

The other thing to mention is that after group allocations of seating are sorted they will allocate members the same level of membership that they are currently at. As I am premium now, I'm guessing I'll get offered a second tier seat at the new stadium. Budget members may get offered a third tier seat or a ground level seat.
I would expect Premium memberships to be (much) more expensive than currently, but budget to be the same as I pay or less. The only reason I pay premium now is that I can not physically fit into a budget seat at Subiaco Oval. I may even save money moving to the new stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back