Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think our 830 seats are 999 for the lavenders

Most of the $999 seats in the second and third tiers for Dockers games are corporate seats for the Eagles.

Blocks 211-216, $999 for Dockers, $2100 approx for Eagles supporters

Blocks 350-354, $999 for Dockers, $1145 for Eagles

Even the Sports Lounge blocks (344-346) is $350 cheaper for Freo games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like how he's holding two pies stacked on top of each other to make it look bigger.

And the video, oh my god. Even worse. What kind of people bump their pies, or any kind of food for that matter, together when they're eating? The reviewer starts eating a second butter chicken pie halfway through his first one, they must be good. But what did I really gain from watching two men eat pies and sausage rolls, making grunting noises and nods of approval for two and a half minutes? Not much aye.

Was too try hard with the antics, but he is a decent food reviewer.

Last edited:
I haven't seen this render before

ODIAnnouncement-WACA.ashx

Most of the $999 seats in the second and third tiers for Dockers games are corporate seats for the Eagles.

Blocks 211-216, $999 for Dockers, $2100 approx for Eagles supporters

Blocks 350-354, $999 for Dockers, $1145 for Eagles

Even the Sports Lounge blocks (344-346) is $350 cheaper for Freo games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cat A & B seats are cheaper with the Eagles though, equivalent to your Cat 1 & Cat 2 seats I think. But then the cheaper seats are cheaper with the Dockers. Yes agree that some of the more elite seating is a bit over the top but maybe there's some people who have a surplus of cash and silly enough to pay those prices:eek:! I would have liked to have seats in Blocks 344-346 but couldn't justify the price.

It would be nice if it was a day nighter but I am guessing that the eastern states won't allow us that luxury.

Edit: yep

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/pert...ing-tickets-acf-pre-sale-scorchers/2017-11-20
That sucks.
A day night game would have had a massive audience in England, we could show off the stadium fully with light show, and Qantas could have
flogged the hell out of their upcoming direct London to Perth flights.
But no, let's play it in a time slot where the game is over before the pubs even open in the UK so eastern staters can be tucked up in bed before midnight.

I haven't seen this render before

ODIAnnouncement-WACA.ashx

not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere but according to the state government the delay on the bridge was publicly the technical specifications were wrong. Specifically the technical specifications changed post ordering long lead items as the state government wanted the bridge to be capable of carrying emergency services..........nudge nudge wink wink........anti-terrorism response teams.

That also explains why the bridge heads towards the police station.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That sucks.
A day night game would have had a massive audience in England, we could show off the stadium fully with light show, and Qantas could have
But no, let's play it in a time slot where the game is over before the pubs even open in the UK so eastern staters can be tucked up in bed before midnight.
Why would Cricket Australia and Channel 9 prioritise their core audience ahead of a few lager louts halfway around the world? Doesn't make sense.

That sucks.
Assuming a day/night game would start at 1.30pm Perth time that's still 5.30am in the UK. Not sure there'd be too many watching at that time.

Assuming a day/night game would start at 1.30pm Perth time that's still 5.30am in the UK. Not sure there'd be too many watching at that time.
A day night game finishing at 10 pm would be 2 pm finish in the UK. Would get a huge tv audience.

Why would Cricket Australia prioritise the home ground audience ahead of people watching on tv?
Turns out they value trivial things like advertising revenue over the important stuff such as pretty flashing lights.

I get that it'd be cool to show off the new stadium in full flight with all the bells and whistles ASAP, but we knew the reality about night matches in Perth for cricket and AFL long before this venue was designed and built. Glad you acknowledge this is CA's decision though, laying it at the collective feet of the evil Eastern States was coming off as needlessly divisive and inflammatory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back