Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

the only area cheaper than the alcohol free area is the restricted view seets and they are still $66 each ...
this is purely a WCE thing as they set the prices so they obviously dont value the football fans more than they value ticket profits ..

Business is business, but in a real world I thought that the seat prices at the Craypot ( stuff that sponsors name !!! ) , would be similar for both teams. Nup, they differ so much that they are now openly putting profit over long serving loyal members.

I have the watched the transition of WA footy from Saturday afternoon WAFL to the nation wide AFL competition. Families have been left behind in the search for the almighty dollar.

As for parking at Gloucester Park, why the heck do you want to drive much around that area ?!!!!. It is a bottleneck zone, use your legs and walk, together with public transport.

WCE are a bunch of bastards !!
pretty soon i have some overseas friends coming to Perth and as part of the "australian experiance" i thought i would take them to a footy match so online i go to ticketmaster to grab tickets to a WCE game ... the exercise for three adults and 2 kids in the alcohol free zone came up to a whopping $283.75 !!! i almost fell off my chair so i looked to the game the next week a freo game choosing exactly the same seats $119.00 .... do the WCE really live in a world wher they think families have a spare $300 for one footy game.... funny enough looking online a Richmond membership (chose them as premiers) to all games home and away for an adult is $315.00

I'm sorry WCE but you are a bunch of money hungry bastards.. your price gouging is putting football out of the reach of not only opposition supporters but even your own supporters .. i hope you have an empty stadium by mid season cause you are bottom four and your fans see what kind of organisation you really are
Don't think it will be empty, but WCE have 50,000 seats sold for the whole year to members so it wont make much difference.(with many thousands still on the waitlist)
$119 for 5 tickets to the Dockers? I booked restricted view for their first game next to the scoreboard, 4 rows from the very back - cost $70 each, WCE sell them for $45. I think both teams have the price higher than normal for the first games.
Maybe you should try the Richmond membership, if the eagles are bottom 4, we'll be alongside your mob.

pretty soon i have some overseas friends coming to Perth and as part of the "australian experiance" i thought i would take them to a footy match so online i go to ticketmaster to grab tickets to a WCE game ... the exercise for three adults and 2 kids in the alcohol free zone came up to a whopping $283.75 !!! i almost fell off my chair so i looked to the game the next week a freo game choosing exactly the same seats $119.00 .... do the WCE really live in a world wher they think families have a spare $300 for one footy game.... funny enough looking online a Richmond membership (chose them as premiers) to all games home and away for an adult is $315.00

I'm sorry WCE but you are a bunch of money hungry bastards.. your price gouging is putting football out of the reach of not only opposition supporters but even your own supporters .. i hope you have an empty stadium by mid season cause you are bottom four and your fans see what kind of organisation you really are

West coast fans can afford this with our Chardonnay.

I suggest you allow us to do this, so our profits keep flowing towards st kilda

Want the poverty pack available to Vic fans?

IF you want to go to an Eagles game, get in the far queue & pony up with the $readies.

The Eagles have 50k seats paid for already, and the money is in the bank.

Want the poverty pack available to Vic fans?

IF you want to go to an Eagles game, get in the far queue & pony up with the $readies.

The Eagles have 50k seats paid for already, and the money is in the bank.
ok have fun being ripped off by the eagles ... personally if my club ever did this to our fans i would be livid with them for treating footy fans so poorly i guess WCE fans accepting the greedy ways of their club is fine to them

Prices are not that different.
I almost guarantee you he is comparing prices for the Freo V Gold Coast game. Wonder why that game is so much cheaper :think:
check it yourself ...
i went through all the available games ... same story .. but hey what do i care your mob rip off your own fans and you guys think its fantastic ...

check it yourself ...
i went through all the available games ... same story .. but hey what do i care your mob rip off your own fans and you guys think its fantastic ...
I did.
Freo v Saints Section 150 $85 each.
Eagles v Suns Section 148(2 sections more to middle of ground better position) $88 each.
Massive difference rant rant whinge whinge WCE are pure evil.

So where are you getting this massive difference from? Its the Freo v Gold Coast game isn't it.

I did.
Freo v Saints Section 150 $85 each.
Eagles v Suns Section 148(2 sections more to middle of ground better position) $88 each.
Massive difference rant rant whinge whinge WCE are pure evil.

So where are you getting this massive difference from? Its the Freo v Gold Coast game isn't it.
look at the WCE vs St Kilda game in section 105 and the Freo vs St kilda game in bay 105.... the diferance between $66 and $30... same opponent , same day of the week ...

im not saying Freo are perfect heck both teams are putting footy out of reach to the average fan with their pricing but at least freo have some tickets that you get change out of a $50 for ...

ok have fun being ripped off by the eagles ... personally if my club ever did this to our fans i would be livid with them for treating footy fans so poorly i guess WCE fans accepting the greedy ways of their club is fine to them

I don’t feel ripped off at all, I’d rather give my club extra to be financially stable. I guess we’re more willing to dig into our pockets for the success of our club. Each to their own, I’ll sit back and enjoy this Chardonnay

look at the WCE vs St Kilda game in section 105 and the Freo vs St kilda game in bay 105.... the diferance between $66 and $30... same opponent , same day of the week ...

im not saying Freo are perfect heck both teams are putting footy out of reach to the average fan with their pricing but at least freo have some tickets that you get change out of a $50 for ...
Fair enough. Thats the spot Freo put out some really cheap memberships. Eagles had 5 levels of membership - Freo had 6 and the 6th was dirt cheap.
Look around when getting tickets. I know Freo had real wide pricing swings from bay to bay. Know of someone with an isle seat membership for $400ish, then seat the other side of the isle in the other bay 2M to his left was double that.

Here’s an idea mate.

Next time you want to take people to the footy, be sitting at your computer waiting for them to go on sale like everyone else does.

Don’t go searching for them 3 days before the game then have a massive sad when there’s none left.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here’s an idea mate.

Next time you want to take people to the footy, be sitting at your computer waiting for them to go on sale like everyone else does.

Don’t go searching for them 3 days before the game then have a massive sad when there’s none left.

ummm thats not the case here "mate" the tickets i purchased are later in the year not 3 days til the start ...

ummm thats not the case here "mate" the tickets i purchased are later in the year not 3 days til the start ...

My bad then,

Even still, the reason WCE tickets are so expensive is because there’s so few of them.

West Coast are the only club in the AFL which sells out 99% of their home games and are the only club in the AFL where you can’t just walk up to the gate and get a ticket.

You’ll be lucky to get general admission tickets at all to an Eagles game, let alone cheap ones.

My bad then,

Even still, the reason WCE tickets are so expensive is because there’s so few of them.

West Coast are the only club in the AFL which sells out 99% of their home games and are the only club in the AFL where you can’t just walk up to the gate and get a ticket.

You’ll be lucky to get general admission tickets at all to an Eagles game, let alone cheap ones.

Adelaide do too.....

check it yourself ...
It's simple - it's supply and demand - for years we have had a wait list of approx 20,000 - would have gone down a bit this year but as seats to WCE games have been in high demand the Club can demand these prices. It's up to the individual as to whether they accept the prices or not and are willing to pay.

It's simple - it's supply and demand - for years we have had a wait list of approx 20,000 - would have gone down a bit this year but as seats to WCE games have been in high demand the Club can demand these prices. It's up to the individual as to whether they accept the prices or not and are willing to pay.
Gouge the individual non members, hope they don't sell them out, then eventually the club gets a greater membership allocation

Guess you sat on your hands, wasnt critical of the incompetence that allowed Ross to take a better offer, critical of the mess that was the move to Seaford: that'd ne a big NO.
You club has trouble covering costs because fans with your attitude want someone else to pay & I'll bet you are out there looking for morew AFL handouts.
Does your mob put any money into Vic footy equivalent to the $millions the Eagles put into WA footy, again a big NO.

You clearly want the poverty pack model with someone/anyone else funding your club because you wont, personally I'd suggest the Eagles model is good for footy nationally, but I dont expect you to accept any responsibility for the mess you club has made of itself since Ross left.

My bad then,

except you are forgetting that little government rule thats 6000 tickets must be made available to the general public so what do they do they jack the price up ...

Guess you sat on your hands, wasnt critical of the incompetence that allowed Ross to take a better offer, critical of the mess that was the move to Seaford: that'd ne a big NO.
You club has trouble covering costs because fans with your attitude want someone else to pay & I'll bet you are out there looking for morew AFL handouts.
Does your mob put any money into Vic footy equivalent to the $millions the Eagles put into WA footy, again a big NO.

You clearly want the poverty pack model with someone/anyone else funding your club because you wont, personally I'd suggest the Eagles model is good for footy nationally, but I dont expect you to accept any responsibility for the mess you club has made of itself since Ross left.
nice rant but still dont see how that makes footy affordable to the average Perth family ... i get it in perth we are used to overpaying for everything .. coffee, pub meals..... but the price hike for the footy is going to put the family trip to the footy on the back burner for most familys who dont have a membership .. i mean we are talking nearly $300.00 for a family just on tickets but hey if your willing to pay that so be it .. i know i wont ill go to two dockers game instead better value for money

nice rant but still dont see how that makes footy affordable to the average Perth family ... i get it in perth we are used to overpaying for everything .. coffee, pub meals..... but the price hike for the footy is going to put the family trip to the footy on the back burner for most familys who dont have a membership .. i mean we are talking nearly $300.00 for a family just on tickets butg hey if your willing to pay that so be it .. i know i wont ill go to two dockers game instead better value for money
Last time I checked there aren't three adults in a family. This ain't Utah, you've been inflating your prices for a family by 1 adult each time. Anyhow I looked at the Saints V Collingwood game similar situation at Etihad, for a club that barely sells out tickets are $175 for the 5. It's an extra $110 for the seats in Perth where there is a massive demand and only one game a weekend, compared to the 4-5 games on any weekend in Melbourne. It's not that outrageous an increase.

Last time I checked there aren't three adults in a family. This ain't Utah, you've been inflating your prices for a family by 1 adult each time. Anyhow I looked at the Saints V Collingwood game similar situation at Etihad, for a club that barely sells out tickets are $175 for the 5. It's an extra $110 for the seats in Perth where there is a massive demand and only one game a weekend, compared to the 4-5 games on any weekend in Melbourne. It's not that outrageous an increase.
its acutally very easy to have to have three adult tickets in a family .. once a kid is over 14 they become an adult ticket ..

so just to get this straight you are trying to tell me $110 is not a big diferance in a cost of a footy tickets...

except you are forgetting that little government rule thats 6000 tickets must be made available to the general public so what do they do they jack the price up ...

6000 GA seats is 10% of the total seats available for the game.

Like I said, the reason they’re so expensive is because there’s so few of them, and because most of them get sold the minute they go on sale.

And with the In The Wings pre-sale period being scrapped, there’s going to be roughly 10,000 ITW members who are all sitting at their computer trying to get their hands on one of the 6,000 tickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back