Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

what start time do you consider day?
I ask because many perth folks don't like the 240pm starts (which are called twilight due to tv coverage east coast time, but if it was 240 start on east coast it would be considered day games)
Me personally I like the normal 210pm start time or around that.

I just feel like we play better during the day. The sunnier the better.

Just the vibe.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

what start time do you consider day?
I ask because many perth folks don't like the 240pm starts (which are called twilight due to tv coverage east coast time, but if it was 240 start on east coast it would be considered day games)
The world doesn't revolve around the East Coast;). It's WST so 2.40pm our time which suits us here in the West.
Very difficult for those working to get to the game on time on both Thursday and Friday nights. Will be interesting to see how the transport system copes next Thursday night as no extra trains being put on (just the usual timetables) and everybody on the Fremantle and Joondalup train lines going to the football will have to change trains in the city (ie no special event trains).
Can see it being a nightmare as will have the football crowd and the usual workers returning home from a days work and not going to the footy - in other words many more patrons. Why they decided not to put on the special events trains as per usual is mind boggling to say the least!

The world doesn't revolve around the East Coast;). It's WST so 2.40pm our time which suits us here in the West.
Very difficult for those working to get to the game on time on both Thursday and Friday nights. Will be interesting to see how the transport system copes next Thursday night as no extra trains being put on (just the usual timetables) and everybody on the Fremantle and Joondalup train lines going to the football will have to change trains in the city (ie no special event trains).
Can see it being a nightmare as will have the football crowd and the usual workers returning home from a days work and not going to the footy - in other words many more patrons. Why they decided not to put on the special events trains as per usual is mind boggling to say the least!
I know! im a perth boy, used to s**t me.
was more people from freo/west coast posters on this and other threads saying they don't like sunday twilight slots - but they are 240 starts. rare to get a later start on a sunday in perth. totally agree with thurs and fri nights being difficult. sat night games at 730 perth time should be a thing.

I know! im a perth boy, used to s**t me.
was more people from freo/west coast posters on this and other threads saying they don't like sunday twilight slots - but they are 240 starts. rare to get a later start on a sunday in perth. totally agree with thurs and fri nights being difficult. sat night games at 730 perth time should be a thing.
Agree Saturday nights are also my preference, particularly during the warmer months - can be a bit cool during June & July particularly, but then you know how we Perthites cope with the cold:rolleyes: I guess can't please all of the people all of the time!

My ranking of time slots....
Saturday night easily best, then Friday night and Saturday day about the same, lagging far behind those are Sunday day and then the very worst timeslot ever invented (besides Monday night) is Thursday night.

Totally agree, love a fri or sat night game.

Why they decided not to put on the special events trains as per usual is mind boggling to say the least!
If it's like Adelaide there are two main issues running special events timetables on Thursday nights:
1. Compared to a Saturday or Sunday, the number of "free" staff and vehicles is much less - say on Saturday they have 40 of 80 trains rolling, and add 15 for special event, on a Thursday night they'd have 75 of 80 trains rolling, so don't hace an extra 15 to use. This would be exacerbated in Perth by the stupidly early match start time.

2. The staff who work after the game need a minimum time between shifts and they need the majority of them for Friday morning peak, whereas a Saturday or Sunday morning needs significantly less staff. They're legally not allowed to work with less than a certain number of hours after a late finish. This would be slightly less of an issue in Perth due to the game finishing earlier.

You lost me, earlier than a later game?
A Thursday night game in Perth is scheduled for a 6.10pm start, meaning the game finishes by 9.30ish. A Thursday night game in Adelaide is scheduled for a 7.20pm start, meaning the game finishes by 10.30ish. Therefore more drivers of the post-match public transport would be able to finish their shifts in time to have minimum break before starting the morning peak, compared to in Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great venue, world class! Was there for the derby a few weeks ago and it was way better than any of the Stadiums in Sydney. Only issue is food prices, which has been well documented!

How did the public transport hold up with the game starting around peak hour?
Only positive to take from the game was how well Transperth handled the 51k crowd on a Thursday night.
Thought it would be a s**t show. Was easy as. Left work a little early, got to Warwick just before 5. Plenty of free seats on the train. Short walk at Perth, straight onto another train and in. Time for a beer at the river room and in my seat before bounce down @ 6:10.

Got me thinking why they were so worried about it in the first place.

looks like the bridge has been delayed again

Good puff peice in The West, its certainly no ordinary walk way:
Concrete pouring on the bridge deck is due to finish today, with the testing process commencing next week.

It involves groups of up to 300 people walking, running and marching along individual spans of the bridge in specific patterns, with a complex network of sensors monitoring how the bridge responds.

A tuned mass damper — essentially a giant shock absorber — built into the bridge can then be fine-tuned to counter-attack excessive sway or vibration.

“Then we do stage two where we get 50 people to come back and actually march and jump in unison or run in a controlled manner and again monitor how the bridge reacts,” Mr Spagnolo said.

“If everything is acceptable, the bridge is signed off and commissioned.”

Good puff peice in The West, its certainly no ordinary walk way:
Concrete pouring on the bridge deck is due to finish today, with the testing process commencing next week.

It involves groups of up to 300 people walking, running and marching along individual spans of the bridge in specific patterns, with a complex network of sensors monitoring how the bridge responds.

A tuned mass damper — essentially a giant shock absorber — built into the bridge can then be fine-tuned to counter-attack excessive sway or vibration.

“Then we do stage two where we get 50 people to come back and actually march and jump in unison or run in a controlled manner and again monitor how the bridge reacts,” Mr Spagnolo said.

“If everything is acceptable, the bridge is signed off and commissioned.”

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa...-july-15-clash-at-optus-stadium-ng-b88882203z

Remove this Banner Ad

Back