Roast The New UI Is Bad

Remove this Banner Ad

This cannot be true. AFL would have to own it, surely? How dumb are they to give it up. Also find it hard to believe they wouldn't simply hire a web developer in their IT department rather than outsourcing this work at a significantly higher rate/cost
It's very likely outsourced. To build an app like this you need a Project Manager, Business Analysts, Developers, UX Designers, Testers etc. Would be a minimum of 10 people at the very least. Much easier to outsource that than to recruit inhouse. That said, even if it is outsourced, it's still intellectual property of AFL and they would be able to take all the code to someone else.

Either way, it's a collosal * up.

It's very likely outsourced. To build an app like this you need a Project Manager, Business Analysts, Developers, UX Designers, Testers etc. Would be a minimum of 10 people at the very least. Much easier to outsource that than to recruit inhouse. That said, even if it is outsourced, it's still intellectual property of AFL and they would be able to take all the code to someone else.

Either way, it's a collosal **** up.
The site and app already exist. They wouldn't need all those staff to just update the existing product every year...

It's a dogs breakfast regardless

The site and app already exist. They wouldn't need all those staff to just update the existing product every year...

It's a dogs breakfast regardless
Depends. The app could have been completely re-written, which given the missing features that used to exist it's quite likely. Either way, as I said, the AFL would own the code and IP for it.

Saving my built up vent for their feedback survey
There's no way they listen to that anyway.
Last 2 years running (and maybe more) they've asked about preference for R4 bench spot and should it remain R4, Extra midfield bench or Open bench spot.
There's almost no one that would vote to leave it as R4 but here we are, useless R4 (and 3 for that matter, filled with non playing rucks again)

It's also clearly been designed by someone who's never played AFL fantasy before. In theory the design/layout/menus make some sort of sense, but in reality it's missing the logic those who are familiar with the game would understand.

Looks like they've added the Bye detector in now (pretty sure it wasn't there before). It's pretty much the only change I can see in 4 weeks.
It's been there for at least a full week or two, only actively looked for it recently and it was there, so not sure how long it's been there exactly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything takes twice as long to do with this new interface, especially trades. Why make it so complex just keep it simple. IT's the ******* worst.

It almost makes me not want to play the game at all it's so bad.

I spend minimum time on it, took me a long time to work out how to use DPPs when trading.

Pre-season it was infuriating that the lines wouldn't default by price.

How the hell do you do a DPP trade in this crap format.

I want to trade Clarke in defense, move Stack into Defense from Mids and bring in a Mid?

Cheers
Click trade on Clark, click swap on the empty position, then click swap on Stack, then trade in your mid.

Has the trade centre disappeared or am I going completely mad? I swear there is usually a drop-down menu when I hover the mouse cursor over "My Team"...but not anymore?

[Edit: It's back. That was very weird. I guess they're updating things in the background and temporarily broke it. Broke it more, I mean.]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back