Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't matter what I think.
Matters what New Caledonia + France thinks. And they think there's Russian and Azerbaijiani interference.

No, France is SAYING there is (Russia) because that's what Western nations say now as cover for their own **** ups, because rubes like you still buy it.

The Azeri stuff is interesting, something certainly going on there.

But the Azeris and Russians are no friends at all lo, so linking them is particularly stupid.

The Azeris are quite interesting - they get a free pass for all kinds of stuff due to the importance of their gas supplies.

But ethnic cleansing Armenia is very different to interfering in French political - and now military - affairs.

Will be quite fascinating to see how this plays out, the French aren't as a reliant on their gas as others, so Baku doesn't quite have the same leverage.

Russian interference has nothing to do with what's happening in New Caledonia. JFC.

Why the frick are the French in the Pacific anyway?

I see Putin got to you with his special mind control ray gun too ... FERBALLSKI

I see Putin got to you with his special mind control ray gun too ... FERBALLSKI
No way not me. How dare these savages claim any benefit from the resources on their land that they were too lazy to dig up and sell themselves. That party Marie Le Pen ran is correct. The lazy darkies don't deserve to live in paradise unless they are second class citizens.

Ukraine took out four Russian fighter jets with precision missile strikes while they were on the ground.

Two Mig-31s, One Mig-29, and One Su-27.

That's a big hit.

1715994631373.png

Ukraine took out four Russian fighter jets with precision missile strikes while they were on the ground.

Two Mig-31s, One Mig-29, and One Su-27.

That's a big hit.

View attachment 1992155

It's a decent hit but it doesn't change the fact their lines are collapsing in multiple sectors on the ground.

If they had 1000 ATACMS this stuff might make a difference but they don't and it doesn't

It's not much different from the V2 strikes of their Nazi predecessors at this stage

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No statement from Israel?

This is why Israel's attack on the diplomatic facilities in Damascus was so dangerous.

I mean, choppers crash. Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash.

And Iran has a history of plane crashes - often due to poor maintenance linked to the sanctions, albeit less lately now they can get stuff from Russia and China.

Its most likely that the chopper just crashed coz bad weather/poor condition/pilot error or a combo of all three (most likely the first).

But that demonstrated Israeli willingness to spit in the face of international norms to provoke Iran means that them assassinating/attempting to assassinate has to be considered a real possibility.

And even if they didn't, their previous actions mean there's huge capacity for miscalculation - the Iranians might decide, with serious justification, they did and then bad stuff is happening for everyone.

Again Azerbaijan involved (even if just a bit player - at this stage) ... they really are getting themselves a name in the news these days.

Its worth noting that tomorrow - May 21 - marks the end of Zelensky's formal term and from that day forward he's effectively dictator lacking a democratic mandate.

Fwiw I think the argument he's "illegitimate" now pretty flawed, I mean, they're at war, not having elections when at war is pretty standard.

And while Ukranian "democracy" has been a pretty sick joke since the Maidan Coup and the reality that parts of the country broke away due to the anti-democratic attack, Zelensky did win what was Ukraine's last election, that's undeniable.

But Putin, an autocrat with no interest in actual democracy, has always had quite a taste for legalism as a cover for his lack of democratic legitimacy.

He also knows the West regularly invokes or invents bullshit legalism to cover its aggressive actions and the rest of the world despises the hypocrisy of being lectured about a Rules-based International Order where one side breaks or rewrites the rules at will.

Lots of the smarter types following the war think that May 21 is important because now Putin can say well Zelesnky is no longer legitimate leader, and so has lost those protections, as has wider Ukraine, its now a rump gangster state on our border, and be dealt with accordingly.

Its worth noting that tomorrow - May 21 - marks the end of Zelensky's formal term and from that day forward he's effectively dictator lacking a democratic mandate.

Fwiw I think the argument he's "illegitimate" now pretty flawed, I mean, they're at war, not having elections when at war is pretty standard.

Under Article 83 of the Ukrainian constitution, which predates Zelensky, it is literally illegal for elections to be held while at war or under martial law.

People using this as an attack or justification are kidding themselves. Zelensky is incredibly popular in Ukraine, with his popularity having risen significantly since Russia's invasion. If an election was held, he would romp it in.

Under Article 83 of the Ukrainian constitution, which predates Zelensky, it is literally illegal for elections to be held while at war or under martial law.

Yep.

People using this as an attack or justification are kidding themselves. Zelensky is incredibly popular in Ukraine, with his popularity having risen significantly since Russia's invasion. If an election was held, he would romp it in.

Nah, he's lost a great deal of popularity since the failed counter offensive. He's not popular any more nor would he win an election.

Its obviously difficult to have accurate polling in a war torn country, but this one by a local firm that found he's well behind Zaluzhny - who he fired and sent to London lolol - chimes pretty well with the wider sentiment you see on social media etc.

Zelensky isn't wildly unpopular either though, and there doesn't seem to be any clamour of demand for an election either as per here. But the post invasion popularity boost has more certainly worn off - its worth recalling how unpopular he was for a recently elected Prez just before the invasion too.

It is all pretty academic though, Ukraine is never having anything approaching a proper election again and as I said, the election post Maidan are pretty shonky anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back