News The Rain and Floods

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL - I'm sick of the rain. All of these lows are getting lower in pressure and rotating more than they were a few years ago. Its only a matter of time before some turn into cyclones.

Plus there's an old family house there that I need to do some work on and want my kids to spend a few years living in, my mum and my nan were born there so I really want them to spend some time there before they get too old. Probably would have already gone for covid happened. This joint is always gonna be home tho. I've got a few mates who've even said I can build a shack out the back of their place any time I want to come back for a while and other people hassling us not to go.
Good luck mate, I hope it works out..

1666732970796.png 1666732994740.png 1666733024445.png

a friend of mine got very lucky yesterday late afternoon. Was coming to visit when we got hit by around 40mm of rain in 20 minutes. ( Dandy Ranges)

A mum and son swung into action and winched her and her young daughter to safety, I took the middle pic as I was heading home and though * that looks like Jo's car. The car had been moved to higher ground by then.

What wonderful people and brave he apparently (that's him in the pic) went under water to attach the strap, the corner in notorious for this when we have flood type events. You'd think a sign wouldn't be overly difficult.

Thanks again you lovely bloody strangers- I'll find ya's and my shout.

Crazy times aye.

View attachment 1543298View attachment 1543299View attachment 1543300

a friend of mine got very lucky yesterday late afternoon. Was coming to visit when we got hit by around 40mm of rain in 20 minutes. ( Dandy Ranges)

A mum and son swung into action and winched her and her young daughter to safety, I took the middle pic as I was heading home and though * that looks like Jo's car. The car had been moved to higher ground by then.

What wonderful people and brave he apparently (that's him in the pic) went under water to attach the strap, the corner in notorious for this when we have flood type events. You'd think a sign wouldn't be overly difficult.

Thanks again you lovely bloody strangers- I'll find ya's and my shout.

Crazy times aye.
I read on fb that some parts of Upwey / Tecoma had 100mm in that storm. Not sure how much we had as our gauge overflowed.

The Mosquitos must be absolutely loving this season.

They seem to have set up a nest right outside or above our front door, in the bricks or crevices I guess. I sprayed there today and there would have been at least 50 that flew off and a couple that attacked my arm and hands. Little bastards are getting inside pretty regularly too, way more than any time I can remember.

Need to get some more daddy long legs inside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My man lives in whoop whoop lol jks about 40 mins from bendigo and the creeks near his house were overflowing. It’s died down a lot not but at the start his house had some minor flooding but he got all the floors fixed cause he is a floor tradie guy lol. The roads going into Bendigo are still all damaged.

My man lives in whoop whoop lol jks about 40 mins from bendigo and the creeks near his house were overflowing. It’s died down a lot not but at the start his house had some minor flooding but he got all the floors fixed cause he is a floor tradie guy lol. The roads going into Bendigo are still all damaged.
Dunolly?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back