Play Nice The NM Devils Chessboard thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greece has teargassed groups of travelers trying to cross its borders, hrs after Turkey claimed it would certainly no more obstruct them from entering into Europe..
Desperate scenes unravelled on Friday at a boundary going across near the Turkish city of Edirne after Turkish cops and also boundary guards were gotten to stand apart and also permit thousands of individuals with.
That triggered a group of hundreds to hurry the Greek side of the going across, which was swiftly obstructed by Greek guards that discharged tear gas to maintain them back.
Greece and also Turkey share an all-natural river boundary close to Erdine – highlighting the area’s calculated relevance – yet Turkish area broadens a little west of the dividers, with a boundary fencing on Greece’s side.

Putin can replace all that with one transport.

But Erdogan can't take on the RuAF.

The risk would be worth it if the rebels were even in sight of victory, but this is a dead-enders fight.

Erdogan is going to lose and have to climb down, only question is how badly and how far, although Putin probably will offer him a face saving way out.

Last edited:

These experiences suggest that Turkish smugglers have been co-opted to pursue a government policy of pushing people west, but it is unclear who is paying the smugglers.

Government spokesman Stelios Petsas said in a statement, "Instead of curtailing networks of people smugglers, Turkey has itself become a smuggler."

I’m not sure Ankara has a coherent strategy here, attempting to play nato off against Russia, might’ve worked in the past but increasing looks just like they’re left on their lonesome without any allies.

I’m not sure Pakistan will enter the void.

Last edited:
Differs in the sense that this is entirely speculation, but I guess there's no reason why it couldn't eventually be confirmed by a pandemic that does cripple economic activity.

???

Did you see the Chinese PMI figures?

Pandemic is here.

It is on.

It is coronoavirus gaffening

Getting very strong flashbacks to mid-October 2008 here re the markets.
The whole thing is a bit ridiculous, ok boomer is circulating the pits of Goldman’s. As they’re pulling their retirement funds.

but one good thing to come from it is the medical security bills, which are finding out how much reliance the west has had on Chinese raw materials in drug manufacturing.

might be perfect time to let fat tony out. I’m sure he wouldn’t have an issue sourcing raw materials.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole thing is a bit ridiculous, ok boomer is circulating the pits of Goldman’s. As they’re pulling their retirement funds.

but one good thing to come from it is the medical security bills, which are finding out how much reliance the west has had on Chinese raw materials in drug manufacturing.

might be perfect time to let fat tony out. I’m sure he wouldn’t have an issue sorting raw materials.

I suspect he's getting out regardless.

???

Pandemic is here.

It is on.

Nah, no pandemic here, calling it the p word would mean pandemic bonds would mature.. billionaires would lose money.

???

Pandemic is here.

It is on.

Guess I'm still hoping it's a shorter term issue. If the virus can be reasonably contained and those PMI figures bounce back within the year, then the market has been oversold and nothing is gaffening.

Maybe I'm just desperately clinging to the bull market though.

Guess I'm still hoping it's a shorter term issue. If the virus can be reasonably contained and those PMI figures bounce back within the year, then the market has been oversold and nothing is gaffening.

Who knows.

But the cat is out of the bag.

If I were a betting man - which is all investing is - I'd be betting closer to worst case scenario than it being contained.

???

Pandemic is here.

It is on.

Over 80% of those infected are very mild cases. The ones that are critical are all with pre-existing conditions. That cruse ship was a very good example. 600 people got infected, and had the virus been dangerous, the death toll would have been huge, given the nature of the situation and no hospital facilities on board But instead only a couple of 80 year olds in fact died. They could have died from the standard flu as well.

The real question is who is pedaling all this hysteria and why?

Who knows.

But the cat is out of the bag.

If I were a betting man - which is all investing is - I'd be betting closer to worst case scenario than it being contained.
There will be a rush by those with means to protect their interests. Then there will be a slowdown in the world economy from an increase in difficulty in producing, selling and shipping goods. Then people will start losing jobs.

It ain't going to end society but it will likely give us a bit of a shake. This is what happens when the system is built with no resilience.

Over 80% of those infected are very mild cases. The ones that are critical are all with pre-existing conditions. That cruse ship was a very good example. 600 people got infected, and had the virus been dangerous, the death toll would have been huge, given the nature of the situation and no hospital facilities on board But instead only a couple of 80 year olds in fact died. They could have died from the standard flu as well.

The media, because fear sells

You’ll be fine, unless you’ve heavily leveraged in the last six months and have margin call or brought a whole heap of amp shares.

Last edited:

Was speaking with someone who knows a great deal about this s**t yesterday. He stated that this is like a really bad flu rather than a standard flu and that precautions are justified. The mortality rate for healthy people is twice that of standard flu seasons and the real problems will start if it gets into countries and communities with little to no access to proper health care. Of course, there is a significant Chicken Little effect but that ain't such a bad thing apparently.

Was speaking with someone who knows a great deal about this s**t yesterday. He stated that this is like a really bad flu rather than a standard flu and that precautions are justified. The mortality rate for healthy people is twice that of standard flu seasons and the real problems will start if it gets into countries and communities with little to no access to proper health care. Of course, there is a significant Chicken Little effect but that ain't such a bad thing apparently.
I have read some very credible doctors and scientists views on this, and their view and stats don't support it. The only thing that's worse than flu with this virus is how infectious it is.

I have read some very credible doctors and scientists views on this, and their view and stats don't support it. The only thing that's worse than flu with this virus is how infectious it is.
Yes, a molecular scientist at Westmead hospital pretty much told me the same thing a couple of weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back