The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well l guess this puts into perspective here …compared to how things are at Parra…and no lm not gloating.. it’s just sad/ head scratching allround.
But
To actively chase Wayne Bennett for 4 weeks and be told …no thanks ( l think Wayne’s more of a mercenary now)
Then give him the get out effectively immediately…this evening ….after 10 years to be replaced by Barrett ( oh dear) and with no other real coaching prospects on the horizon…..
And have payout 1.5mill contract..now in full…
On the eve of his 50th birthday….
Wowzers what a mess..
Look it’s probably time for him to move on…but when are…the board and the players going to be held to account…after all it isn’t Brad running around on the field…and some of these contracts are massive….

Last edited:
X
Well l guess this puts into perspective here …compared to how things are at Parra…and no lm not gloating.. it’s just sad/ head scratching allround.
But
To actively chase Wayne Bennett 4 days ago and be told …no thanks ( l think Wayne’s more of a mercenary now)
Then give him the get out effectively immediately…this evening ….after 10 years to be replaced by Barrett ( oh dear) and with no other real coaching prospects on the horizon…..
And have payout 1.5mill contract..now in full…
On the eve of his 50th birthday….
Wowzers what a mess..
Look it’s probably time for him to move on…but when are…the board and the players going to be held to account…after all it isn’t Brad running around on the field…and some of these contracts are massive….

Apparently Parramatta have done a *, panicked sacked their coach and have been in talks with Bennett.

X

Apparently Parramatta have done a *, panicked sacked their coach and have been in talks with Bennett.
I got a mate who loves Parra. Probably knows more about league than anyone I've ever met, even played touch with him against a former NRL guy and he gave the bloke a bath. Good guy too, who came thru for me when i needed it a couple of times. I really feel bad for him after this. He'll be gutted.

33f524011a37a409fd333fe5452fec09.jpg

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-------------------------

It's so nice to follow a team that is defying the odds and winning.

5 more games...

dm_240527_MAVS_BEAT_WOLVES_G3.jpg

Too good for the Wolves. Frustrating series for me. Sucks to come this far and not be up to the task but at least I've gotten to watch some great wins this year, more than I can say for North.

Said it last year…say it again….Billy is a genius…
Biggest win in NSW since 87….
NSW still fail to grasp that if you pick individuals and try to rely on them you won’t win…..
And their media …commentary continue to pump up their Tyers before and after each game we’re going to win this….this qld side is the worst they have selected…we have more talent……then….they were gallant, heroic, ect ect..
Never change 😂🍺

Said it last year…say it again….Billy is a genius…
Biggest win in NSW since 87….
NSW still fail to grasp that if you pick individuals and try to rely on them you won’t win…..
And their media …commentary continue to pump up their Tyers before and after each game we’re going to win this….this qld side is the worst they have selected…we have more talent……then….they were gallant, heroic, ect ect..
Never change 😂🍺

That commentary team should be sacked. Just so one-eyed NSW's way. They complained all night long about the NSW side being down a man. Would have won if not for that. Well I Know nothing about the rules, but if he was sent off for a misdemeanor (I missed the start) then that's the rules. You would almost think that those people in NSW are Poms, the way they whinged.

I was almost at the stage of putting it on mute they were that bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back